BuckeyeXtra - The Columbus Dispatch : OSU notebook: Schwartz ki...

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

In a fourth quarter in which Ohio State was begging for a big play to put away Southern California on Saturday night, Grant Schwartz came within millimeters of delivering.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Sep 14, 2009
Paul Ranck

Kennesaw, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

It's my opinion, that the defense definitely did more than enough to win the game. For some reason Coach Tressell continues to make at least one poor, game changing decision in every big game. I just don't know how he can't run the clock to end the first half and take the lead to locker room. Instead he choses to pass twice and run once giving USC the ball with plenty of time on the clock and eventually kickng a tying field goal just before the half. Terrell Pryor doesn't appear to have matured enough to make good solid decisions. The Buckeyes were very fortunate to get the ball back when he decided to pitch the ball as he was falling. [Shades of Penn State last year] If the Buckeyes cannot win in the enviornment at the stadium Sat. night, they can't win a big game in any enviornment. They had opportunities to put the game away and just didn't do it. I was pleasantly surprised with Thoma and our punting game. There were definitely some bright spots. I kept wondering where Sansenbacher was at all night. He makes 3 straight plays and disappears. It's very disappointing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again.
seafus26

Moulton, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

Coach Peterson of Boise St. Hire him, now!!!! He does more with less NFL talent, far far less of a budget, far less training facilities, a stadium less than half our size, less alumni support and fan base. Again, with far less talent and reqruits. What would he do with number one reqruits in the country in TP or Beanie? His team really looks to be changing physically this year, too. As he has been there as the head coach long enough now to have his training regigmen in and they look stronger and much much faster this year. Those kids fly around and hit. And oh yeah, they get the modern offensive game of football with passes behind the line of scrimmage with linemen allowed to block up field in the mean time.
Bsharp

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

I was watching that punt. The punter adjusted at the last second and kicked at more of an angle to avoid the block. Schwartz shouldn't feel bad. It was a good play and it would have been much worse for OSU if he'd awkwardly tried to adjust in mid-air and ended up roughing the kicker.
120 Throwback

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

Judged:

Tressel has killed OSU football, lock him up and throw away the keys.
the SCARLET BRUTUS

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

Judged:

IT wasn't his fault, playing not lose instead of closing the deal with so many chances to score one more touchdown. Tressel was scared to close the deal Saturday night, so he chose to let the defense keep going against the offense of USC and finally USC scored when it counted. After this game I've lost faith in Tressel as a coach.Before the game I was backing him, but after watching that I realize his critics are correct. I mean he's got a QB runs a 4.3 40 and we can't even get him into open space. And the plays that worked in the 1st half seemed to be never called again? And Pryor's development as a QB seems to be nihl. Went up on the line he doesn't even scan the whole D like a QB should. Never saw the CB blitz in the 4th quarter because he was zeroed in on the reciever he was going to throw the pass to. Sad, but the coaching let us down once again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joe McKnight Discussions

Search the Joe McKnight Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Chiefs special teams working for more happy ret... Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Winter weather threat to New Jersey Super Bowl?... (Feb '13) Jan '14 Darkness Falls 2
Raiders work out former top pick Jamaal Anderso... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Haleys Commet 2
Jets' McKnight carted to locker room after fall (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
New York Jets planned to use Tim Tebow as runni... (Jan '13) Jul '13 Toby 13
New York Jets - An In-Depth Look at Mike Goodson (Apr '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
New York Jets - Smith Exit Hastened Tannenbaum'... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Benched Press 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••