USC running back McKnight will miss s...

USC running back McKnight will miss spring drills

There are 136 comments on the LA Daily News story from Mar 6, 2009, titled USC running back McKnight will miss spring drills. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

USC tailback Joe McKnight said he will not participate in spring practice because he is still recovering from the Rose Bowl, when he dislocated four toes on his left foot on the same play during the Trojans' ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
USC Alum

Fairfax, VA

#2 Mar 6, 2009
Wow, dislocating FOUR toes on one play?! Ouch.

I expect Joe to have breakout year in '09.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#3 Mar 6, 2009
USC Alum wrote:
Wow, dislocating FOUR toes on one play?! Ouch.
I expect Joe to have breakout year in '09.
He juked so hard he even fooled his own toes?
Tommy

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Mar 6, 2009
I bet Broderick Green is kicking himself now!
Trojan Longie

Hacienda Heights, CA

#5 Mar 6, 2009
What's up?
Wasn't he suppose to be the next Reggie Bush?

Let's go Pete, bring in the next guy!
little citizen usa

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Mar 7, 2009
You'al will see him next at LSU
the messenger

United States

#7 Mar 7, 2009
any truth that usc is now being investigated for providing free legal representation for football players fom the guy running for la city attoney Carmen something ?. I'm sure he gets alot of business down there.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#8 Mar 7, 2009
> Okay Highway Josť... what's your comment on the McKnight situation? Enquiring minds want to know!
>;)

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in SoCal

#10 Mar 7, 2009
ART DECO MAN wrote:
> Okay Highway Josť... what's your comment on the McKnight situation? Enquiring minds want to know!
>;)
No Worries Joe McKnight will be ready for the summer drills. Rock at creating space creating space.

1.Stafon Johnson will have no prob going between the tackles. Future NFL 1st rounder.

2.Marc Tyler will have no prob going between the tackles. Built like a mini EARL CAMBELL

3.CJ will get open (Best blocking,receiving TB on the team) can run between the tackles too but not his strength yet.

4.Stan the man Havili great Safety Valve at FB and great at dropping in the flat if necessary blocking is coming along....not his strength.

USC has more than enough player's with only one ball on the field FACT~!

By the way USC should run 60% of the time next season maybe a little less depending on what the opponents defense gives them or possibly a little more IMO.

Hey Cpem what do yoiu think about Corp as your QB starter:

1.Is taller than Mustain
2.Is Faster than Mustain
3.Can create his own play on a break down
4.Has a stronger than Mustaini.

USC's #1 Receiver "Who is the man" is Damien Williams =)

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#11 Mar 7, 2009
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
No Worries Joe McKnight will be ready for the summer drills. Rock at creating space creating space.
1.Stafon Johnson will have no prob going between the tackles. Future NFL 1st rounder.
2.Marc Tyler will have no prob going between the tackles. Built like a mini EARL CAMBELL
3.CJ will get open (Best blocking,receiving TB on the team) can run between the tackles too but not his strength yet.
4.Stan the man Havili great Safety Valve at FB and great at dropping in the flat if necessary blocking is coming along....not his strength.
USC has more than enough player's with only one ball on the field FACT~!
By the way USC should run 60% of the time next season maybe a little less depending on what the opponents defense gives them or possibly a little more IMO.
1.Is taller than Mustain
2.Is Faster than Mustain
3.Can create his own play on a break down
4.Has a stronger than Mustaini.
USC's #1 Receiver "Who is the man" is Damien Williams =)
> Okay Josť, you're short changing us ... where is the rest of the novel? I know you have a new USC trilogy written ... let's see it! lol!
>:)

UCLA ROB

“Jackie Robinson B-4 a Dodger”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#12 Mar 7, 2009
Joe McKnight, will heal and be 100% for the Fall and he will remain the #1 back at usc and will be the #1 back in the nation...Stephon Johnson, will only be used on 3rd down situations as he is an excellent blocker and can get the tough yards in between the tackles, and the shoulda-been-a-Bruin (traitor) Tyler, will remain on the bench and get maybe 4 or 5 touches per game.

Broderick Green will not have ANY regrets, as he will be much happier playing for his dream school and will be the main man.

Joe McKnight will be a Heisman Trophy finalist, and if he stays his senior year, he will win the Heisman.

Yes I'm the biggest Bruin fan alive, and I'm also a Joe McKnight fan.

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in SoCal

#13 Mar 8, 2009
Hey Rob like the avator of Joe?
I willl ook for a Reggie Bush /Joe McKnight pic side by side in same stride.
Very Cool

UCLA ROB

Location hidden

#14 Mar 8, 2009
Broadway Joe wrote:
Hey Rob like the avator of Joe?
I willl ook for a Reggie Bush /Joe McKnight pic side by side in same stride.
Very Cool
I guess it takes a while for the picture to show, right now it's the grat dude...you like my picture?

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#15 Mar 9, 2009
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm definitely excited to see Corp in action. If Matt Cassell is any indication, then a guy who has been patiently waiting in the wings for an opportunity and has been working in the system for a few years is definitely going to be ok. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not too thrilled that we're breaking in our 3rd new QB in 4 years, but that's the college game for you. I feel bad for Mustain, though, because just when Corp will be finishing up, Barkley should be in position to take over. Well, at least he brought us Damien Williams! Thanks, Mitch, we couldn't have done it without you!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#16 Mar 9, 2009
UCLA ROB wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it takes a while for the picture to show, right now it's the grat dude...you like my picture?
I like it Rob ! I would like to bungle in her jungle !!!! look out Clowns in town

UCLA ROB

Location hidden

#17 Mar 9, 2009
Hey Joe, regarding your picture...vere funny. Leave to Todd Marijuanvich to do that when the UCLA player was simply wanting to give him a helping hand...that is a classic picture that has been very popular in the UCLA gallery for years.

UCLA ROB

Location hidden

#18 Mar 9, 2009
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I like it Rob ! I would like to bungle in her jungle !!!! look out Clowns in town
Yeah, she a beauty. You should see her face, she's prettier than an angel. I have her on my facebook profile album...too bad you don't facebook TTC :(

Since: Jan 09

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Mar 9, 2009
I'll start Mcknight if he had 10 broken toes.

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#20 Mar 9, 2009
Pete Carroll wrote:
I'll start Mcknight if he had 10 broken toes.
Peter hows it hanging? Is your new squeeze taking care of business??

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#21 Mar 9, 2009
UCLA ROB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, she a beauty. You should see her face, she's prettier than an angel. I have her on my facebook profile album...too bad you don't facebook TTC :(
saw her on the tube during saturdays game, Did you ever get tix's???

I love Senior day ?

When Diefenbach scored with a buck and a half to play, His family went crazy, Brough a tear to my eye, guy works hard, and Ben gave him some playing time in front of the family.

THATS what college baskletball should be!

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#22 Mar 9, 2009
sorry no ? s/b be there "I love Senior day"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe McKnight Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs special teams working for more happy ret... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Winter weather threat to New Jersey Super Bowl?... (Feb '13) Jan '14 Darkness Falls 2
News Raiders work out former top pick Jamaal Anderso... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Haleys Commet 2
News Jets' McKnight carted to locker room after fall (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets planned to use Tim Tebow as runni... (Jan '13) Jul '13 Toby 13
News New York Jets - An In-Depth Look at Mike Goodson (Apr '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets - Smith Exit Hastened Tannenbaum'... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Benched Press 4
More from around the web