Steelers' Polamalu a study in contradictions

Jan 29, 2009 | Posted by: Groucho | Full story: arkansasmatters.com

When Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert sat down and talked to Troy Polamalu in early 2003, he was slightly taken aback.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2009
Scott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Troy is a class act on and off the field. He plays with tenacity, courage, bravery, and most important, with honor. Some people have accused him of trying to hurt people, please, the man gets paid to do his job, which he is the BEST at, OF ALL TIME.
My 14 year old son idolizes Troy and has his pictures, jerseys, and any other thing he can get a hold of to cherish forever. See I grew up in NE Ohio and have been a loyal Steelers fan since the 70's. I have never waivered from them and that is what most people don't understand about Steeler fans. We live and we die as a team. Troy, have a great game and may God continue to bless you and your fellow teammates.... Thanks for all of the memories that I have been able to have with me son watching the games.
Rod Tidwell

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

Larry Putzgerald will get a ring this weekend. From his boy friend Kurt Warner. Troy will crush them both for thier flaming ways.
birdsofbaltimore

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Scott, lets be real here. Troy is a class act on and off the field, I agree. Ed Reed and Troy play two different positions, and they are the best at their respective positions. I am a die hard Ravens fan, and I wouldn't mind Troy suiting up in purple. The thing is, if asked, I would take Reed any day. I ask you who would you take, it would be Troy. Its always going to be that way. Ravens, Reed, Steeltown, Troy. www.birdsofbaltimore.com

Since: Feb 09

N.E. Ohio,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

Dear Mr. Birds of Baltimore.

Well said. I agree too, I would love to have Ed Reed in those beautiful Steeler colors. But I also agree that while they remain in their respective positions and city's they are the king of their individual postion. Scott

P.S. It is ironic that u responded to this. While at a Super Bowl party, I was involved in a discussion with several other men over who else they would take, and ironically, my son and I agree that Ed Reed is the person that we would take and most respected.
Say NO to OHIO

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

Judged:

Scott B from NE OHIO wrote:
Dear Mr. Birds of Baltimore.
...I was involved in a discussion with several other men over who else they would take...
Sounds like you were at a gay bar, flamer.

Since: Feb 09

N.E. Ohio,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Say NO to OHIO wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you were at a gay bar, flamer.
What a loser...
Say NO to OHIO

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Word.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joe Flacco Discussions

Search the Joe Flacco Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Baltimore Ravens' 5 Biggest Games of 2014 Apr '14 Harbaugh Farts 3
Super Bowl blackout: Blame it on Beyonce? (Feb '13) Jan '14 Darkness Falls 2
Why Ravens should hire Norv Turner (Jan '14) Jan '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
Baltimore Ravens' Joe Flacco Anything But Elite... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
Are The Baltimore Ravens Better Off Missing The... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Paul bleeds Purple 1
Who's picking the Ravens to beat the New Englan... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Janitor 12
The Ravens And Vikings Score 4 TDs In The Final... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••