Ravens beat Cowboys 33-24 in Texas Stadium finale
Dallas Cowboys fans and Hall of Famers came early and stayed late, making sure they savored every bit of the 313th and last game at Texas Stadium.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Globe.
#1 Dec 21, 2008
The Ravens poked a stick in the eye of the NFL and their favorite team: Listening to the play-by-play of the game, I might be excused for thinking that I was watching a Dallas TV station.
They (Deion and friends) made every excuse for Romo and the rest of his mates. If I paid attention only to their coverage and did not see a bunch of guys in purple making plays all over the field, I would not know that the Ravens were even there.
Having made that observation, I must say that I enjoyed the game on the field thoroughly:
1. Mason - what else can we say about this inspirational player
2. Flacco - sacked 5 times, he NEVER gave into the pressure (even getting an A from Preston!).
3. Clayton - he WAS a factor with a number of catches for first downs. I also liked that he was McClain's escort into the end zone after chipping the safety.
4. O-Line - made some nice halftime adjustments, thoroghly protected Flacco in the second half and opened up the holes for our rushing attack.
5. Koch - In addition to booming punts and helping his team win the field position battle, his nine yard run was fantastic. No juking, he just ran straight ahead for a first down - and Flacco and Mason made it worth while.
6. McGahee - he redeemed himself with the 77-yd run! Not a good game for him prior to that.
7. Ed Reed -'Nuff said!
8. The LBs - also 'Nuff said!
Step 1 has been accomplished - keep the path to the playoffs in your own hands!
#2 Dec 21, 2008
Heard the name Demarcus Ware only ONCE and that was in the FIRST QUARTER. Silence is golden. Go Ravens.
#3 Dec 21, 2008
According to the media types, it COULD NOT HAVE BEEN because the Ravens silenced him!!! It must have been a bad hamburger he ate that kept him from having his name mentioned in the second half!
The adjustments by the coaches and the O-Line for the second half stifled the Dallas D, and the Ravens really took it to them.
I guess Dallas found out what a real "physical team" is like.
Add your comments below
|NFL notebook: Winston feels pressure to attend ...||Apr '15||Winston Smokers||14|
|Unusual equation: Baltimore Ravens' guard John ...||Mar '15||Brady Chub Club||1|
|Joe Flacco's Playoff Numbers Suggest An Upset C...||Jan '15||Laughing Bear Fan||5|
|Ben Roethlisberger lights up Ravens, records an... (Nov '14)||Nov '14||Flatulence Fred||2|
|The Baltimore Ravens' 5 Biggest Games of 2014 (Apr '14)||Apr '14||Harbaugh Farts||3|
|Super Bowl blackout: Blame it on Beyonce? (Feb '13)||Jan '14||Darkness Falls||2|
|Why Ravens should hire Norv Turner (Jan '14)||Jan '14||Paul bleeds Purple||1|
Find what you want!
Search Joe Flacco Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC