Pittsburgh's dominating defense beat ...

Pittsburgh's dominating defense beat the Baltimore Ravens 23-14 in the AFC championship.

There are 27 comments on the WPVI-TV Philadelphia story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Pittsburgh's dominating defense beat the Baltimore Ravens 23-14 in the AFC championship.. In it, WPVI-TV Philadelphia reports that:

The Steelers outhit the Ravens and outplayed them behind a steady-as-he-goes Ben Roethlisberger, marching into the Super Bowl behind a defense that brought back memories of their storied Steel Curtain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPVI-TV Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HUGE PITT FAN

Rupert, WV

#1 Jan 19, 2009
the past two games in this offseason ive noticed a totally different and very stout pittsburgh team keep up the good work tomlin great playing this season. especially the defense!

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#3 Jan 19, 2009
Hard Hitting Defense and a smart Offense has been our trademark this year.

LET GO GET NUMBER 6!!!!!!!!!!
tanner

Saginaw, MI

#4 Jan 19, 2009
i think troy polalmalu brought the steelers back into life. 40 yard int. return for TD. that is amazing! the steelers will whoop the cardinals but in the super bowl. i will have to put a new poster up on my door saying:Steelers, 2009 NFL Champions. agree? who is better,troy polalmalu or ike taylor
tanner

Saginaw, MI

#5 Jan 19, 2009
hines ward is great but even if he isn't on the field the steelers still got great offense, 1. santonio holmes, 2. ben roethlesburger and 3. willie parker are great playmakers
qranc

Hilo, HI

#6 Jan 19, 2009
If the D can shutout the Cards in the SB, they should all be SB MVP's. They carried this team throughout the season and playoffs and a shutout would be the ultimate exclamation point. They just need a nickname.
NFL

Buckeye, AZ

#7 Jan 21, 2009
good yes dominating i really don't think so
NFL

Buckeye, AZ

#8 Jan 21, 2009
tanner wrote:
i think troy polalmalu brought the steelers back into life. 40 yard int. return for TD. that is amazing! the steelers will whoop the cardinals but in the super bowl. i will have to put a new poster up on my door saying:Steelers, 2009 NFL Champions. agree? who is better,troy polalmalu or ike taylor
stick to statisics ED REED is waaaaaaaaay better than polamalu just because the majority of the time when old ED get int's he usually takes them back to the house

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#9 Jan 21, 2009
NFL wrote:
<quoted text>stick to statisics ED REED is waaaaaaaaay better than polamalu just because the majority of the time when old ED get int's he usually takes them back to the house
This year. In latter years his consistancy has been suspect. Troy is a threat every year.
LIONS SUCK montrose mi

Merrill, MI

#10 Jan 21, 2009
steelrs one it come on what do you think
steelersrule43

Atlanta, GA

#12 Jan 21, 2009
NFL wrote:
<quoted text>stick to statisics ED REED is waaaaaaaaay better than polamalu just because the majority of the time when old ED get int's he usually takes them back to the house
are you on crack? please tell that to ed reed while hes at home watching troy polamalu play in the SB for the second time.... who cares about statistics... Anderson got better stats than Eli manning this year does that makes him better... no sir... keep in mind that polamalu makes play all over the field...and hes a big part why his team is going to the SB and thats why hes the best... if you think the best safety in the NFL hides behind his linebackers and go home to watch the SB.... than youre a dummy and you can have ed reed.
Zack

AOL

#13 Jan 21, 2009
Black Rhino wrote:
Hard Hitting Defense and a smart Offense has been our trademark this year.
LET GO GET NUMBER 6!!!!!!!!!!
just like the 2000-01 Ravens
steelersrule43

Atlanta, GA

#14 Jan 22, 2009
troy polmalu is the best safety in the NFL... end of story

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#18 Jun 24, 2009
Steve Tellers wrote:
THE STEELERS AND RAVENS will have a heckuva battle for the 2009 AFC North Title.
I also think the bungles will add some drama too. their D is pretty damn good believe it or not and with palmer back they should start clicking on offense.
JawJackr

Delmar, NY

#19 Jun 25, 2009
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
I also think the bungles will add some drama too. their D is pretty damn good believe it or not and with palmer back they should start clicking on offense.
They had one hell of a draft, too. Rey Maualaga (sp?) may well end up being the steal of the draft. I say they challenge the Ravens for second place in the AFC North. Even the Browns will be better, just not better enough to avoid the basement.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#20 Jun 25, 2009
JawJackr wrote:
<quoted text>
They had one hell of a draft, too. Rey Maualaga (sp?) may well end up being the steal of the draft. I say they challenge the Ravens for second place in the AFC North. Even the Browns will be better, just not better enough to avoid the basement.
it will be interesting to see how the new DC works out for the ravens. he was the LB coach so he knows the system...still they don't have rex ryan calling the D.

Since: Apr 08

Omaha, NE

#21 Jun 26, 2009
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
it will be interesting to see how the new DC works out for the ravens. he was the LB coach so he knows the system...still they don't have rex ryan calling the D.
I think they'll be a drop off for the Ravens D, but not that much. I still see them as a top 5, probably top 3 defense. They lost Scott, but they had a LB in waiting to replace him. Rex Ryan is probably the only reason we might see a drop off in stats, but with the easy schedule the AFCN has this year, I can't see how.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#22 Jun 30, 2009
LZ-Steel wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they'll be a drop off for the Ravens D, but not that much. I still see them as a top 5, probably top 3 defense. They lost Scott, but they had a LB in waiting to replace him. Rex Ryan is probably the only reason we might see a drop off in stats, but with the easy schedule the AFCN has this year, I can't see how.
it will still be tough to run on them with that moose ngata clogging thing up in the middle thats for sure.
M Kopelman

Atlanta, GA

#24 Jul 1, 2009
JawJackr wrote:
<quoted text>
They had one hell of a draft, too. Rey Maualaga (sp?) may well end up being the steal of the draft. I say they challenge the Ravens for second place in the AFC North. Even the Browns will be better, just not better enough to avoid the basement.
Google.
JawJackr

Delmar, NY

#25 Jul 1, 2009
M Kopelman wrote:
<quoted text>
Google.
Snoodle. It's your favorite hobby, after all.
JawJackr

Delmar, NY

#26 Jul 1, 2009
NFL wrote:
<quoted text>stick to statisics ED REED is waaaaaaaaay better than polamalu just because the majority of the time when old ED get int's he usually takes them back to the house
Reed had a couple more interceptions than Polamalu (literally), and if that's all you care about, then you'll take Reed. If you care about all-around excellence, then you'll take Polamalu in heartbeat. I'd like to see Reed rush the passer the way Polamalu does. Or leap over the line of scrimmage to stop a QB on fourth and inches. OCs have to game plan for Polamalu like no other defensive player, Reed included. No disrespect to Reed, though. He's unquestionably awesome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Flacco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL notebook: Winston feels pressure to attend ... Apr '15 Winston Smokers 14
News Unusual equation: Baltimore Ravens' guard John ... Mar '15 Brady Chub Club 1
News Joe Flacco's Playoff Numbers Suggest An Upset C... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Laughing Bear Fan 5
News Ben Roethlisberger lights up Ravens, records an... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Flatulence Fred 2
News The Baltimore Ravens' 5 Biggest Games of 2014 (Apr '14) Apr '14 Harbaugh Farts 3
News Super Bowl blackout: Blame it on Beyonce? (Feb '13) Jan '14 Darkness Falls 2
News Why Ravens should hire Norv Turner (Jan '14) Jan '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
More from around the web