Oakland Raiders sign DE Andre Carter

Oakland Raiders sign DE Andre Carter

There are 14 comments on the Reno Gazette-Journal story from Sep 26, 2012, titled Oakland Raiders sign DE Andre Carter. In it, Reno Gazette-Journal reports that:

The Oakland Raiders made a move to bolster their struggling pass rush on Wednesday by signing proven defensive end Andre Carter to a free-agent contract.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reno Gazette-Journal.

raider nation

Corona, CA

#1 Sep 26, 2012
We should improve a lot more now in the pass rush.
Look out raider fans, we just might make it out a live this season t o get to the playoffs.
Nj raider 1

United States

#2 Sep 26, 2012
I'm gon go out on a limb wit this 1 ya'll. I know we're only 3 gms in & we've only played 1 complete gm, but without a doubt Reggie Mckenzie was the right man for the job. As far as personnel decisions, he's done a terrific job. At 1st I questioned some of the moves we made & didn't make, but it's like he has a vision & it took me this long to get a glimpse if his genius. I can say without a doubt, he hired the right man for the HC job. My only problem wit DA is he has to get more creative play calling.we have to do more to substitute our lack of pass rush & lack if good corner back play. I believe Andre Carter addresses the lack of pass rush extremely & he mighty be wut we need to help the corner situation. We won't be playing big ben every week so I'm looking forward to more pressure generated all across thee D line. That should give us more chances for turnovers. I just hope we play like we played last week for the rest of the year. I also hope we get DHB back very soon. Soon as we get D.Moore back we lose him for some time undetermined. Reggie getting us ready for a playoff run. He's very sharp for a 1st time GM. Love the pick up. He's got my approval!

“RAIDERS 2016--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#3 Sep 27, 2012
I agree NJ. I think Reggie is doing a good job. I just think that the $$ isn't there for him to do it this year. We're in a "rebuilding" phase and Reggie is going about it the right way.....but I still it being 2-3 years before we make a serious run at the SB.
Nj raider 1

United States

#5 Sep 27, 2012
It's all about attitude. If we go out & play wit the attitude of winners, that will be thee product we produce on the field. I think it may be a yr or 2 b4 we get the defense caught up wit the offense, but I think wit good scheming & making teams 1 dimensional we can make some noise this yr. It's gon take all 53 men on the roster to believe & have that attitude, but I believe a good playoff run is possible this yr. The defense ain't great but it's tenacious & the players aren't great but they dint have an ounce of quit in them. Thats wut beat pittsburgh along wit a general at quarterback.
Nj raider 1

United States

#7 Sep 27, 2012
Honestly knapp time I think it's too early to judge. I know I'm renigging or retracting my statement but after watching last week it seem to me he that someone lit a fire under his ass cause the play calling was alot better
Nj raider 1

United States

#9 Sep 27, 2012
True but look who his QBs was. Vick is not ur traditional QB & not even half as accurate as Carson. I'm really not optimistic, but for me it's too early to pass judgment, that all.
Nj raider 1

United States

#10 Sep 27, 2012
Then again I am consistently incorrect on here. I means look where I posted that Miami didn't stand a chance.
raider4life

Kahului, HI

#11 Sep 27, 2012
Judging by his first draft Reggie knows what he's doing building thru the draft, give him some time . Lets go raiders!!!!!!
Knapp Time

Cypress, TX

#12 Sep 28, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
True but look who his QBs was. Vick is not ur traditional QB & not even half as accurate as Carson. I'm really not optimistic, but for me it's too early to pass judgment, that all.
But he was on other teams that didnt have a Vick style QB...Reggie did drag his feet when the assistant coaching staff needed to filled...assistant coaches that were available were being signed left and right by other teams...no one else wanted Knapp and he pretty much was all that was left...

If someone else becomes available, Knapp is gone in 2...again...
Knapp Time

Cypress, TX

#13 Sep 28, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
Then again I am consistently incorrect on here. I means look where I posted that Miami didn't stand a chance.
I know the real Nj didnt write this...lol...
Nj raider 1

United States

#14 Sep 28, 2012
U know that wasn't me knapp time. Lol! I'm never wrong. My girl can't stand me cuz I day that shit all thee time. Lol!
consistently correct

Miami, FL

#15 Sep 28, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
The Fins themselves don't believe they stand a chance this year. They trade away their best WR and CB for draft picks while letting a unpolished rookie start at QB. This is a rebuild year (part 15 in a continuing seriers). They can say what they want, but their actions speak loudest.
RaidersRock

United States

#16 Sep 30, 2012
raider nation wrote:
Look out raider fans, we just might make it out a live this season t o get to the playoffs.
Another clueless morron.
Knapp Time

Houston, TX

#17 Oct 1, 2012
raider nation wrote:
Oops...maybe not...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Barksdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Oakland Raiders waive tackle Joe Barksdale (Sep '12) Sep '12 Knapp Time 2
News Raiders receive three more draft picks, one a t... (Mar '12) Mar '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 2
News Al Davis, Hue Jackson & Raiders Keeping Quiet (Jun '11) Jun '11 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 4
News Jacoby Ford to be household name (Jun '11) Jun '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Joe Barksdale Jr. plans to be ready (Jun '11) Jun '11 TexasRaider 8
More from around the web