Brett Favre or Tarvaris Jackson? For ...

Brett Favre or Tarvaris Jackson? For Vikings coach Brad Childress, that is the question

There are 124 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 29, 2010, titled Brett Favre or Tarvaris Jackson? For Vikings coach Brad Childress, that is the question. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The team that ranks at the top of the NFL in headlines and underachievement could use a win in the worst way Sunday at New England.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
ezg357d

AOL

#1 Oct 29, 2010
I hope Chlidress dont listen to the News media & start Jackson Look at there win loss record on picking the games the media has Most are lucky to be over 500. I say Go with Favre & if he struggles Then you have to pull him But Give him that chance He has earned that much.>>> GO VIKINGS
Tired

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Oct 29, 2010
I agree. Let them carry Favre off on a stretcher then it wont be an issue.
jogante

Port Orchard, WA

#3 Oct 29, 2010
If Sage Rosen. was still here it wouldn't even be a choice. Sage was ready to go in preseason. Someone let him go. With Tavaris you have to decide if he can out perform Farve on one leg. If Farve doesn't play get ready for alot of 3 and outs. I hope Webb is ready. Which offensive lineman will allow the opponents the biggest freeway to the Quarterback? There's that problem also.
ezg357d

AOL

#4 Oct 29, 2010
jogante wrote:
If Sage Rosen. was still here it wouldn't even be a choice. Sage was ready to go in preseason. Someone let him go. With Tavaris you have to decide if he can out perform Farve on one leg. If Farve doesn't play get ready for alot of 3 and outs. I hope Webb is ready. Which offensive lineman will allow the opponents the biggest freeway to the Quarterback? There's that problem also.
Sage is long gone The guy was never any good. You cant judge him on what happen in a few preseason games.>>> GO VIKINGS
ezg357d

AOL

#5 Oct 29, 2010
I think its Funny how everyone is asking for Jackson to play When at the start of the season everyone was saying the VIKES couldnt get a 3rd round draft pick for him So now I guess he is worth a 3rd round pick. That got to be it right? If you think the VIKES have a better chance with Jackson to beat the PATS he has got to be worth a 3rd round pick. I find it funny even to say Lets get real Jackson has NO cahnce of winning over the PATS. Jackson hasnt played all year & not that much in preseason He isnt up to game speed Favre not being moble the Odds are still better, stick with Favre .

“clemens for president '20”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#6 Oct 29, 2010
ezg357d wrote:
I think its Funny how everyone is asking for Jackson to play When at the start of the season everyone was saying the VIKES couldnt get a 3rd round draft pick for him So now I guess he is worth a 3rd round pick. That got to be it right? If you think the VIKES have a better chance with Jackson to beat the PATS he has got to be worth a 3rd round pick. I find it funny even to say Lets get real Jackson has NO cahnce of winning over the PATS. Jackson hasnt played all year & not that much in preseason He isnt up to game speed Favre not being moble the Odds are still better, stick with Favre .
I will give you one better ez, remember after the Saints' game? How many people came on this site, Vike fans, who were saying the Vikes have to trade AP. Saying he is washed up and the fumbling issue was gonna always be an issue, laughable. But it is the same thing you are talking about only with TJ. DON'T GET ME WRONG, EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION BUT THE EXTENT OF THE KNEE JERK REACTIONS FROM OUR FANS IS SO EXTREME.

Since: Sep 08

Farmington, MN

#7 Oct 30, 2010
why does childress even pretend he is in charge?
gcracker

Rochester, MN

#8 Oct 30, 2010
Too bad everything revolves around Favre's precious streak. If he had sat one game during his brilliant career, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. If T-Jack was responsible for 14 turnovers resulting in 51 points in the first six games this year, people would be SCREAMING about how horrible he is and wanting him benched. But Favre is above criticism? While Favre was great last season, this year he looks old, tired and run-down. Plus now he's virtually immobile because of the injury. He's also become quite careless in his decision-making and has cost the Vikings at least two games because of his mistakes.

Time to forget about the streak and let him rest and heal for a couple of weeks. Remember, had Chilly and the Vikes not BEGGED Favre to come back in August, his streak would have ended at 285, so consider the extra six games this year a bonus. Now we need to do what's right for the team and a healthy, mobile T-Jack gives us the best chance to win right now. A hobbled Favre is a sitting duck and just one hit away from ending his career.

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#9 Oct 30, 2010
Let him start, but not finish if he starts heaving picks.
Da Bears 2010

Warrenville, IL

#10 Oct 30, 2010
I say Brett starts, Vince Wilfork lands on him, then Tavaris comes in and throws 4 picks. Pats 35-21, AP does OK though!!!
Zeke

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Oct 30, 2010
Favre starts and sux...Childress gets fired.

Tarvaris starts and sux...Childress gets fired.

Whoever starts, Childress better hope the Vikings win, or he's done!

Childress says he's not losing any sleep over this...my bet he just isn't sleeping at all.

With Les Frazier on the staff, the Vikings won't have to look far to replace him.
Chad

East Troy, WI

#12 Oct 30, 2010
Zeke wrote:
Childress says he's not losing any sleep over this...my bet he just isn't sleeping at all.
With Les Frazier on the staff, the Vikings won't have to look far to replace him.
The more I watch Fraziers lack luster defense shceme show blitz every play and back out into cover 2 play it safe mode,I would like to see some creative blitz plays and alot more pressure on QB,anyone would be a improvement over chilli but I dont see happening during the season.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#13 Oct 30, 2010
Well that's a start
A couple years ago they asked TJ if he was ready, and he wasn't sure, now he's sure.
Is a 85% Brett better than a 100% TJ?
I sure hope not, lol.
Sid Hartman

Portland, OR

#14 Oct 30, 2010
t-jack is to stupid to be a starting q.b. his own linemen admit they cant understand him ( B.Mckinnie) when he is in the huddle. childress just wont admit he made a mistake drafting this idiot. now chilly take your boy and leave town so the office doesn,t have to fire you..Favre starts....wish we still had sage.....thanks again chilly

Since: May 10

New Milford, CT

#15 Oct 30, 2010
I don't see this as a very tough call. Your starting QB is playing like crap and is costing you games. Play the backup and see what happens.
Chad

East Troy, WI

#16 Oct 30, 2010
ezg357d wrote:
your 3rd round draft pick is a mute point, Favre is injured and TJ cant play worse then what Farve has, look at the remaining games after this sunday as much as I dont like Favre the Vikes would be better off getting him healthy and rested for a stretch run, the chances of the Vikes beating the pats at home is probaly there most challenging game to date, look at the remaing games all of them can be won with Philly being the toughest, but having a gimp Farve every week does nothing for the Vikes chances.
andy g

United States

#17 Oct 30, 2010
Easy for Childress to say..."I am not losing any sleep over this..", well that figures...the rest of Vikingdom will Brad. We have seen that act before.

BTW: Has the cleaning staff got the brown stains out of Jacksons game pants yet, or that nasty yellow stain down the right pants leg? Oh, and has Frazier taken him aside and actually showed him what a Free Safety looks like?

Just wondering.....

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#18 Oct 30, 2010
CT Viking Fan wrote:
I don't see this as a very tough call. Your starting QB is playing like crap and is costing you games. Play the backup and see what happens.
I see it your way CT

Favre is playing badly when healthy, why would the injury help him play better?

TJ's last chance.
andy g

United States

#19 Oct 30, 2010
Chad wrote:
<quoted text>
your 3rd round draft pick is a mute point, Favre is injured and TJ cant play worse then what Farve has, look at the remaining games after this sunday as much as I dont like Favre the Vikes would be better off getting him healthy and rested for a stretch run, the chances of the Vikes beating the pats at home is probaly there most challenging game to date, look at the remaing games all of them can be won with Philly being the toughest, but having a gimp Farve every week does nothing for the Vikes chances.
Dude: They couldn't get a used cooler and a bag of balls for him..the highest Jackson was rated by other teams was a 7th round...as a long term project. That was before the sad truth about Tarvaris was proven. The sad reality here is the release of Rosenfels..I am sure that ws not the idea of Spielman who saw enough of Jackson to sign Old Sage...Childress just will not admit he cannot remake McNabb out of this sows ear he is joined to...part of me wishes that Jackson will play...it will make for a delightfully contentious off season..Childress netter hope for a lock out with Jackson as his baby...otherwise that love affair with Capt Mediocracy will cost him the locker room and eventually his job.

“sorry we're out of cheese”

Since: Feb 07

jacksonville beach, FL

#20 Oct 30, 2010
Zeke wrote:
OMG please for the love of GOD let the vikes lose lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jimmy Kennedy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Giants 2012 NFL Free Agency: Defensive... (May '12) May '12 Gmen10 1
News New York Giants' Kennedy to Visit Westchester (Mar '12) Mar '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Safety being first Super Bowl score had long odds (Feb '12) Feb '12 BET 2
News Westchester's Kennedy Signs With New York Giants (Aug '11) Aug '11 ezg357 1
News Vikings will be looking at rookie free agents (Jul '11) Jul '11 Sagefarts 2
News Pat Williams Confirms Exit From Vikings, Takes ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Who Dey 4
News Vikings facing big holes on defensive line next... (Feb '11) Feb '11 oxboro 95
More from around the web