2013 NFL free agency: Scores of reasons why Tim Tebow is a bad idea in Carolina

Apr 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Cat Scratch Reader

The idea of Tebow to the Panthers is making the rounds, and this is a terrible idea on many levels.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
gleas07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

The only thing I disagree with is that Tebow can throw the deep ball hes got a wicked strong arm he just hasn't been mentored by the right person for his game yet he'll be good one day I just wish he could sit behind a brees P. Manning or Brady to learn with out the pressure of who is going to start. He needs work just disagree in the fact about the deep ball that's his best strength in passing
Tim Tebench

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

Tebow's seen Brady play plenty of times from his vantage point on the bench, and he still hasn't been able to throw more accurately. Accuracy is hard to teach. Sitting on a bench is.
TeStationary Target

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Tebow throws perfect spirals to uncovered receivers standing around before practice starts. Once they start running and are covered, he goes to his "go-to target;" the ground

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

James Dator who wrote the article hit the nail square on the head. It's a MUST READ for any tebowmaniac.
gleas07 wrote:
he(Tebow) just hasn't been mentored by the right person for his game yet he'll be good one day
Are you serious? TT has been tutored by the best:

-Tom House who helps to this day TOM BRADY, DREW BREES, Alex Smith and Carson Palmer.

-Noel Mazzone who is a qb coaching guru and brilliant OC has helped TT and Philip Rivers and many others.

TT has also had FOUR different NFL head coaches and multiple coordinators and position coaches trying to teach him to throw the right way and they all clearly failed.

Either you are a LEGIT NFL QB or you're not and TT even with all the best trying to help him still is NOT a legit NFL QB.
gleas07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Just because you have the best this or that as coach doesn't always mean that's what's best sometimes having the right player to learn from is what it takes. I believe those coaches are trying to completely revamp his game instead of working with what they have an unconventional qb and accuracy is something that can be taught but only by someone who throws or used to throw in a similar fashion to Tebow I'm a qb coach but ive had to bring in someone to work with a kid because he was left handed and the mechanics are different just takes the right cost not the best
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

gleas07 wrote:
accuracy is something that can be taught but only by someone who throws or used to throw in a similar fashion to Tebow I'm a qb coach but ive had to bring in someone to work with a kid because he was left handed and the mechanics are different just takes the right cost not the best
Dave Draveky would be a perfect mentor

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

gleas07 wrote:
Just because you have the best this or that as coach doesn't always mean that's what's best sometimes having the right player to learn from is what it takes. I believe those coaches are trying to completely revamp his game instead of working with what they have an unconventional qb and accuracy is something that can be taught but only by someone who throws or used to throw in a similar fashion to Tebow I'm a qb coach but ive had to bring in someone to work with a kid because he was left handed and the mechanics are different just takes the right cost not the best
I understand from talking for a long time now with TT supporters that you cannot put objectivity and tebowmaniacs in the same sentence so what you said shouldn't surprise me but somehow it still boggles my mind how blinded you tebowmaniacs truly are.

How many more elite qb coaches, qb gurus, professional head coaches, "tebwoing" session will it take for you tebowmaniacs to realize it's not them that aren't giving him the right tools and information necessary to be an NFL qb, it's TT who doesn't posses the right make up mentally to be an NFL qb.

It's like one trying to use Lamborghini parts in an Edsel when comparing the skills and knowledge these elite and world renown QB coaches have tried to impart on TT.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Dave Draveky would be a perfect mentor
Ouch.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

@gleas07,

As a "QB coach" yourself (which is highly questionable because you basically poo-poo'd on what your supposed contemporaries being the best of the best tried with TT) you know that high school prepares you for college and college in turn prepares you for the pro's and TT has been in the league for 3 years now and has gone through a multitude of elite professionals trying to help him and still he's no better than he was at U of F?

Once you're in the pro's, what you did to get you there shouldn't have to be 100% totally scrapped and built new in order for you to function, tweaks here and there are the norm but TT has to undergo a complete overhaul because the normal tweaking a real QB needs fails on TT and it's unprecedented the number of chances this unworthy christian hype machine has received.

I only bring religion into it because that's what TT used to put himself on the radar and it's what has kept TT in the NFL thus far. Not his skill or his abilities, his religion and his hype. Total fraudulent BS.
gleas07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

@jussayin

You're right everything is supposed to prepare you for the next level. But my question is if you succeed on one it should translate. You say not accurate. But thats not true he completed around70% at U of F. I think the fact is that he finds ways to win. You say he needs an over haul I don't think so. I think he needs his confidence back. So many people have worked with him that he thinks to much instead of doing what he did at Florida which is react without thinking. With that being said something has translated with him from college to pros. His ability to win and carry a football team. Granted talent was around him in Fla but and somewhat Denver but what qb that is successful today doesn't have great talent around them im not blinded. If he played a full year in the NFL and went 6 and 10 I'd say ok he's no good but the 3/4 season he played he went 7/4 which means he's doing something right all he needs is the right coach not the best just like any player you have to play for someone who believes in you and other than college and high school he hasn't done that yet. All im saying is give the guy a chance if you're the jaguars and the guy comes in and has a 6 and 10 season its better than last year and you proved to everyone he doesn't belong but what if he goes 10 and 6.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

gleas07 wrote:
@jussayin
You're right everything is supposed to prepare you for the next level. But my question is if you succeed on one it should translate. You say not accurate. But thats not true he completed around70% at U of F.


There are hundreds of QB's on lesser teams than TT's U of F who were massively talented and successful in college that had more skill and more accuracy than TT that weren't even drafted let alone gifted the numerous chances to find their way in the NFL like TT. The difference is....TT plays the religious card.
gleas07 wrote:
You say he needs an over haul I don't think so.
I'm not alone in my thinking. Many NFL experts have said the same and obviously many NFL coaches along with TT feel the same as he keeps going willingly to all these QB coaches. His mechanics are flawed and slow and he has a seriously hard time reading a defense and processing information at the required speed.
gleas07 wrote:
So many people have worked with him that he thinks to much instead of doing what he did at Florida which is react without thinking.
He still had to think at Florida, the game was just that much slower in college and he played behind arguably the best O-Line and had the best WR's in the nation at Florida which would allow success to almost ANY QB even fresh out of high school.
gleas07 wrote:
With that being said something has translated with him from college to pros. His ability to win and carry a football team. Granted talent was around him in Fla but and somewhat Denver but what qb that is successful today doesn't have great talent around them im not blinded.
In Denver he again benefited from having the best O-Line in the NFL which provided him more time to read a defense yet he had one of the worst QBR's in the league with one of the worst completion %'s despite that brilliant O-Line and #1 rushing attack.

He also never carried the Broncos, they carried him and kept him in ball games so that he'd only have to do a couple good things and they could win games late. I don't see why stinking it up for 56 minutes of almost every game is excusable even if you win late at times. If he was actually any good there'd be progress during the first 56 mins.
gleas07 wrote:
If he played a full year in the NFL and went 6 and 10 I'd say ok he's no good but the 3/4 season he played he went 7/4 which means he's doing something right all he needs is the right coach not the best just like any player you have to play for someone who believes in you and other than college and high school he hasn't done that yet. All im saying is give the guy a chance if you're the jaguars and the guy comes in and has a 6 and 10 season its better than last year and you proved to everyone he doesn't belong but what if he goes 10 and 6.
All you're really saying is, it's not TT's fault he needs everything all laid out and customized to his lack of skills. He needs the perfect coach who will motivate him and rejuvenate him perfectly, he needs the perfect O-Line and perfect WR's and the perfect system so that he can succeed...Really?

NFL teams draft or sign players to fit THEIR SYSTEM and THEIR PHILOSOPHY NOT the other way around and that's why this whole TT debacle is such a joke. No other QB in history has been cut this much slack while still never improving...EVER.
Bobby

Port Arthur, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Hold up Tim tebow is very smart he knows when to throw and run he doesn't have the best arm compared to Brady manning and Bree's but who lead the bronco's to the playoffs tebow did so shut up
Bobby

Port Arthur, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The jets also need to start Tim tebow cause mark Sanchez sucks he isn't a good QB tebow is he is smartest to play to

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bobby wrote:
Hold up Tim tebow is very smart he knows when to throw and run he doesn't have the best arm compared to Brady manning and Bree's but who lead the bronco's to the playoffs tebow did so shut up
Yes, TT is very, very smart. He's conned all of you pseudo NFL fans and hypochristians into thinking he's actually worth a starting spot on an NFL team because he's this good and wholesome true believer while not possessing the minimum requirements to be an NFL QB.

I'm telling you, his true calling is being a televangelist. He'll rake in the cash a 1000 x's more than Pat Robertson or Oral Roberts ever could combined. Seeing as that's what it's all about...why else would they have multimillion dollar homes, private jets, clothes and jewelry and vehicles worth millions? And that's just for them, let's not bring their wives and families and what they've got into it! Oh yea, Jesus and God are rewarding them all...the same Jesus that said give up all your worldly possessions and just follow him...? Uhm hmm...

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Bobby wrote:
tebow is he is smartest to play to
Yea Bobby, you is smartest to play to too.
gleas07

Saratoga, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

On Christianity jussayin, don't put me into the hypocritical stereotype and by the way the only rewards those tv evangelicals that make all the money in the world will get is here on earth. Tebow wants to do missions more than anything he doesn't throw being a Christian in anyone's face. He simply chooses the platform he's given which is what God has called any Christian to do. He's in the NFL because of his COLLEGE record as a starting QB. 1 National Championship, Heisman, and undefeated bowl record not to mention an SEC championship which has proved to be the best NCAA football conference. He was given a chance cause his track record not because Christianity so please use other arguments and not the one you're using. That is all. I'll pray for you.
Tim Temedia

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 18, 2013
 
gleas07 wrote:
He's in the NFL because of his COLLEGE record as a starting QB. 1 National Championship, Heisman, and undefeated bowl record not to mention an SEC championship which has proved to be the best NCAA football conference. He was given a chance cause his track record not because Christianity so please use other arguments and not the one you're using. That is all. I'll pray for you.
Yes, that can help him get his foot in the door, but he's completed under half of his passes in the NFL. That will send any QB packing.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 18, 2013
 
gleas07 wrote:
I'll pray for you.
Kneel down and prey on this

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 18, 2013
 
gleas07 wrote:
On Christianity jussayin, don't put me into the hypocritical stereotype and by the way the only rewards those tv evangelicals that make all the money in the world will get is here on earth. Tebow wants to do missions more than anything he doesn't throw being a Christian in anyone's face. He simply chooses the platform he's given which is what God has called any Christian to do. He's in the NFL because of his COLLEGE record as a starting QB. 1 National Championship, Heisman, and undefeated bowl record not to mention an SEC championship which has proved to be the best NCAA football conference. He was given a chance cause his track record not because Christianity so please use other arguments and not the one you're using. That is all. I'll pray for you.
Please, DON'T pray for me.

Answer this for me please: Jesus was non-violent etc etc...so do you think Jesus approves of men hitting each other so hard they can break each others bones, give each other permanent brain damage, paralyze each other or worse, could even kill each other?

The Jesus I know would not approve of such things and may even have right to call Football of the devil because you're being tempted by TONS of money(which is what? of the devil)to survive in these gladiator games and try and knock your opponents out of these games by almost any means necessary and for what? A trophy...and more money and all that comes with it good and bad.

Like it or not, you're a hypocrite if you're a religious person when promoting faith and this kind of "sport" simultaneously. WWJD? Not this.
gleas07

Splendora, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 18, 2013
 
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, DON'T pray for me.
Answer this for me please: Jesus was non-violent etc etc...so do you think Jesus approves of men hitting each other so hard they can break each others bones, give each other permanent brain damage, paralyze each other or worse, could even kill each other?
The Jesus I know would not approve of such things and may even have right to call Football of the devil because you're being tempted by TONS of money(which is what? of the devil)to survive in these gladiator games and try and knock your opponents out of these games by almost any means necessary and for what? A trophy...and more money and all that comes with it good and bad.
Like it or not, you're a hypocrite if you're a religious person when promoting faith and this kind of "sport" simultaneously. WWJD? Not this.
Ok learn who Jesus was. No where in the Bible does it say Jesus was against every type of violence. When Peter cut the ear off of the man trying to arrest Jesus he said put away your sword because he didn't need that help if he wanted, he could call twelve legions to free him but then the prophesy would not be fulfilled. Its not that he was against war or battles, but because he knew the only way to fulfill why he was sent was to simply let them take him. So to say he would be against football is folly. Just like saying God was against David killing Goliath. Now on money. Its not evil if its used for good if I take 1 mil and feed the hungry and help the sick is that evil? Please dont speak of what you dont know. Go to church. Learn about it please. And I will still be praying for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jimmy Clausen Discussions

Search the Jimmy Clausen Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Newton focused on results, not speed (May '13) Sep '13 Jim1 2
Notre Dame, Michigan and Miami are back on track (Sep '09) Dec '12 Hugh Jazzcock 611
Panther inactives vs. Bears (Oct '12) Oct '12 Taylor 1
With the #1 pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Car... (Aug '12) Aug '12 chp9312 1
The coach behind Cam Newton (Dec '11) Dec '11 Jason 5
Tim Tebow Is a Victim of Circumstance: Held Hos... (Sep '11) Dec '11 Laughing Bear Fan 62
Panthers beat Giants 20-10 in Newton's debut (Aug '11) Oct '11 Mostfarts 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••