Jets agree to three-year deal with Ji...

Jets agree to three-year deal with Jim Leonhard

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 3, 2009, titled Jets agree to three-year deal with Jim Leonhard. In it, Newsday reports that:

Shortly after the Ravens season ended with an AFC Championship game loss to the Steelers, Baltimore safety Jim Leonhard had Rex Ryan on his mind.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

venom

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Mar 3, 2009
WOW! no more lay back in prevent for seams like 4 quarters as QB has minutes (not seconds) to throw the ball.

pressure and man coverage .... Now just hope a QB emerges from the 3 to score a little..
Bronko

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Mar 3, 2009
All of these moves mean nothing if "Mr. Cap Guru", the GM, cannot find a quarterback to lead this club. How about Y.A. Tittle?
Ryan

AOL

#3 Mar 3, 2009
now I want the season to start. the NFL offseason is too long
Weebs Boy Richie K

San Jose, CA

#4 Mar 3, 2009
I too am concerned with the QB position but the last thing we need is another QB re-tread. Forget about the past. What's done is done. We have 3 guys on our roster and they're still relatively young. I need to know what I have and what I need, if anything. The only way that this happens is by giving them all a fair chance to compete. We've upgraded the D and there's just not enough cash/cap to fix everything in one fallen swoop. The best we can do is fix what we can, (we've done some upgrades in D), test what we have and as always have a long term strategic plan in place with only 1 goal in mind
Don Gullet

Crouse, NC

#6 Mar 3, 2009
remember when the Jets decided to steal the entire former Giant coaching staff and many former Giant players in a pathetic attempt to buy a SB ?

The Jets will never win until they can build a team without free agents.

That means they will never win, BTW.....
Memories

AOL

#7 Mar 5, 2009
Remeber when the Jets sucked? No wait, they still do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Leonhard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dyer: Darrelle Revis Needs To Be Better Than Th... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Makes no sense 2
News 2012 NFL Mock Draft: Mock Draft Round Up New Yo... (Feb '12) Feb '12 bigtool 1
News Namath: Rex yapping too much (Sep '11) Sep '11 Joefarts 2
News Tackling the Jets' biggest questions (Aug '11) Aug '11 Mark Sanchez 6
News Former UMass defensive lineman Brandon Collier ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 your roommate Mud... 4
News CLASH OF TITANS: It's not the Super Bowl, but s... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Florida Retiree 85
News Train conductor declines NFL offer (Dec '10) Dec '10 HeadCheese 6
More from around the web