Brace yourselves, Jets fans

Brace yourselves, Jets fans

There are 16 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Brace yourselves, Jets fans. In it, Newsday reports that:

Fasten your seat belts, Jets fans. Stow your tray tables in the up and locked position and be sure your seat back is straight up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Jim

Madison, WI

#1 Dec 14, 2008
One would think we'd be seeing an article on basically the entire D (okay, what was it, 5-6 players) trying to stop 1 man on an 11 yard run & failing as an example of why the Jets won't make it to the superbowl...instead we put it on Favre.

You writers are as bad as Coles, no problem bitching that Favre gets the credits for the win's but completely silent when he gets the blame for the losses/near losses. Pathetic.
wow

Brielle, NJ

#2 Dec 14, 2008
i hate this reporter.
dud dew

Wilmington, DE

#3 Dec 14, 2008
Said Brett would winya some, loseya some, but the key would be whether the changes in defensive personnel would look good in November and December. And, right now, they look awful....
FIRE WALLY

Madison, WI

#4 Dec 14, 2008
Wally, F*CK YOU! No one comes here to a NY NEWSPAPER to read your negativity...whether it's Mets, Jets, or any team, this guy is a piece of garbage who deserves to be unemployed...NEWSDAY, I IMPLORE YOU TO FIRE WALLY ASAP (AND BARBARA BARKER FOR THAT MATTER)...no wonder wally didn't make it with the post or wherever else he worked, they got it right...go away wallace you piece of trash
lucky

Hightstown, NJ

#5 Dec 14, 2008
Again we have a meanspirited innuendoed slap in the face of a great Hall Of Famer by one who revels in this type of journalism. Matthews once agains tells any well informed Jets fan something that he already knows. They stink! Of course he fails to mention that given an opportunity,thanks to the fear of Jauron to put the ball in Favre's hands one last time, Abram Elam made a GREAT play! Yeah,Brett was off target today,but the mere spectre of his presence scared the bejesus out of Dick Jauron and allowed good fortune to occur! I am sick and tired reading the bitter vindictive crap Matthews lives and breathes. Are you listening,Newsday?
Jim from Middle GA

Warner Robins, GA

#6 Dec 15, 2008
I guess the first qtr doesnt count as far as any part of game performane. Even the TV announcers were marveling at the Jets complete dominance.
Doug

New York, NY

#7 Dec 15, 2008
pure trash of an article. Waste of paper space.
unpopular talk show host

AOL

#8 Dec 15, 2008
wally mathews was one of the most unpopular hosts in the history of new york sports talk radio. espn gave him 5 years on their ny station, in which he generated absolutely no ratings for them. when he was fired the station manager said, "at least he didn't punch me out when i told him the news" newsday of course immediately hired the guy. good grief. newsday ain't got a clue.
steve

Montgomery, AL

#9 Dec 15, 2008
with everybody getting laid off, why doesnt newday get rid of this clown. instead of blaming brett, look at the play calling and the coachs. what boob is running the ship???? Three pass plays when your on your own two? no blitzs? me and my blind friend could call a better game. wake up and start looking at the reason their struggling. better yet, why dont you just quit and do us all a favor.
gosiecki

Gilbert, AZ

#10 Dec 15, 2008
We put up 31 points.. nothing wrong or lucky about that. the "D" needs to get better we all know that..A win IS a win there are no extra points awarded for style after the game. We made some mistakes (who doesnt) but were still able to pull it off. Good Job Gang green!! Eric... you still suck.
Copper

United States

#11 Dec 15, 2008
What a A-Hole you are wally. Hack, loser reporter. Any team can win on any given Sunday in the NFL. A win is a win. We'll take it move on to Seattle and then if we win there, you can go back to bashing the Mets on their offseason moves or write something insane like Sabatha is better than Santana. HACK!
Raven Lee

Madison, WI

#12 Dec 15, 2008
Wow. What a hate filled person you are. This isn't journalism. This is hate speech. You really hate the Jets and/or Brett Favre.

Brett Favre played a very good game. 1 interception that he had no control over, getting flipped high into the air. 1 messed up throw to no one on his team, typical Favre. And one drop by Keller that was crucial.

The Offense scored 31 points. The Defense, while coming up with a critical play to save the game, got the Jets into that position by NOT being able to stop the run. Did you notice 6 JETS defenders trying to stop 1 Bill from walking his way into the end zone for a touchdown???
lucky

Hightstown, NJ

#13 Dec 15, 2008
Raven Lee wrote:
Wow. What a hate filled person you are. This isn't journalism. This is hate speech. You really hate the Jets and/or Brett Favre.
Brett Favre played a very good game. 1 interception that he had no control over, getting flipped high into the air. 1 messed up throw to no one on his team, typical Favre. And one drop by Keller that was crucial.
The Offense scored 31 points. The Defense, while coming up with a critical play to save the game, got the Jets into that position by NOT being able to stop the run. Did you notice 6 JETS defenders trying to stop 1 Bill from walking his way into the end zone for a touchdown???
Spewing venom and hate is this guys specialty. Matthews evidently has some serious issues and could be the reason why he floats from job to job! He uses half truths in his writing to allow his self serving hatred to come to the fore!
Burp

Houston, TX

#14 Dec 16, 2008
Brace yourselves, Jets farts fans. Like my methane gas, you will stink up the NFL.
lucky

Hightstown, NJ

#15 Dec 27, 2008
Burp wrote:
Brace yourselves, Jets farts fans. Like my methane gas, you will stink up the NFL.
How blessed are we with your most enlightening contribution and brilliant way with words!Thanks,Elmer Fudd!!!
Jets Jokes

AOL

#16 Dec 27, 2008
And Gob bless the pathetic Jets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerricho Cotchery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trade For Kevin Norwood Shows Carolina Panthers... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News Steelers receiver Antonio Brown demands more pa... (Sep '13) Sep '13 George 1
News How Will Antonio Brown Perform with Mike Wallac... (Mar '13) Mar '13 BIGG MIKE 2
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Which Free-Agent Loss Will... (Mar '13) Mar '13 John Polvere 1
News Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rob 1
News Steelers WR Brown likely to sit out vs. K.C. (Nov '12) Nov '12 Romeo Crapnel 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Kevin Colbert Understands ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 steel pony 1
More from around the web