Overtime loss to Raiders a crusher fo...

Overtime loss to Raiders a crusher for Favre

There are 19 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 20, 2008, titled Overtime loss to Raiders a crusher for Favre. In it, Newsday reports that:

OAKLAND Brett Favre stood there, his eyes reddened, his body aching, his face battered, as he tried to put in words just how badly he felt after the Jets ' 16-13 overtime loss to the Raiders ... A hyperbolic ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

jimsha

Babylon, NY

#1 Oct 20, 2008
Want to know why you lost Brett? Two words.

CHRIS BAKER
chadsteen

AOL

#2 Oct 20, 2008
45 years of grief and it only gets worse. getting tired of manginispeak
he had a lot to be happy about after the game. what game was he watching?
dump favre now
we can lose without him
he's not even the best quarterback on the jets named brett. what a waste of another year just to give a washed up quarterback a playground.
Jeff

Ridgewood, NY

#3 Oct 20, 2008
I got the feeling watching the game there is something not quite right physically with Favre...they never attempted to go deep the whole game..Mangini can't be that stupid...every series started with two runs and while the running game was moderately successful still left them with 3rd and moderate a good deal of the time...of course Chris Baker was wide open in OT which would have put them well within FG range before he got his feet tangled up...
MrRight

Tampa, FL

#5 Oct 20, 2008
Yeah, and Favre's age is beginning to show too.
The Desert Cat

New York, NY

#6 Oct 20, 2008
Yeah, I was thinking how far Baker gets before the safety makes the tackle on him - probably inside the 15 yard line. Also thinking about how close Brad Smith was to staying on his feet at the end of regulation. So close yet as a Jet fan, so far.
lindro

New York, NY

#7 Oct 20, 2008
people fall on the field all the time, but chris baker can not fall down like a nine year old playing flag football in that spot, he wanted his money, he got it, now he should give it back because he cost the team the game, there was no one within 20 yards of him, he gets inside the 15 and we win period, then we are all talking about the running game on fire and brett pulling out two big drives. tough tough loss, but its a long season and we werent going to not lose one game we had penciled in as a win, chiefs at home perfect remedy. favre plays like crap but still gets us from the five to field goal range when we need it, and now what do we do when nugent comes back, does he make that kick? i say no way. we will be ok, now i have us at 10 instead of 11.
lindro

New York, NY

#8 Oct 20, 2008
and lets not blame favres age, oakland has a tough pass d. every road game in the nfl is a dog fight period. favre is still right now the 2nd best qb in jet history, with out him we lose 13-3 yesterday.
Captain Canada

Wawanesa, Canada

#9 Oct 20, 2008
lindro wrote:
and lets not blame favres age, oakland has a tough pass d. every road game in the nfl is a dog fight period. favre is still right now the 2nd best qb in jet history, with out him we lose 13-3 yesterday.
Thank you for giving the Raiders some credit, unlike the jackass who wrote this article. He managed to forget the Raiders' could've, would've, should've moments that took 7 points off the board for them. The Raiders are a young, talented team that are still learning how to win. They dominated two very good teams for three quarters in Buffalo and against San Diego earlier in the season. They could very well be 4 and 2. But, then again, if my auntie had nuts she'd be my uncle.
jperez

Buford, GA

#10 Oct 20, 2008
Mangini continues to raise doubt. Are we watching the begining of the end of the Mangini regime? Don't worry Brett, yes if was a tough loss but you'll get use to it...your a Jet now.
jperez

Buford, GA

#11 Oct 20, 2008
Perhaps we should lose the green and white uniforms and just play in mustard and navy. We seem to play better when no one can recognize us.
charleyjet

United States

#12 Oct 20, 2008
jimsha wrote:
Want to know why you lost Brett? Two words.
CHRIS BAKER
That is dumb. Baker actually led Jets receivers with 5 catches. Jericho Cotchery 0 yards? Coles 50 yds. When Favre evaded the rush why was no one open? Horrible game planning by Schottenheimer. Rob Ryan ate his lunch.
venom

Albany, NY

#13 Oct 20, 2008
charleyjet wrote:
<quoted text>
That is dumb. Baker actually led Jets receivers with 5 catches. Jericho Cotchery 0 yards? Coles 50 yds. When Favre evaded the rush why was no one open? Horrible game planning by Schottenheimer. Rob Ryan ate his lunch.
unfortunately true again. BTW of those 5 catches by BAker 4 came in the first 6 plays of the game. Tight game, on the road, lose on 57 yard FG in OT.... the muffed point giving the Raiders at the Jet 20 set the tone earl,thwe Raiders lining up offsides 6 times, they TRIED to give it away,..... BTW-2. you can't through it down field if no one's open. Lets face it Coles, Cotch and Stuckey are all possession type receivers. they rely on OL pass blocking for 5 sec, will beeat KC
jimsha

Babylon, NY

#14 Oct 21, 2008
charleyjet wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, much transpired leading up to that play that contributed to the Jets loss. My point is that if a professional football player catches that ball and not falls flat on his face, then there is a 99% chance the Jet win. Nothing DUMB about that!
Bright Side

Rineyville, KY

#15 Oct 21, 2008
No one expected the Jets to really do anything this year anyway. Yeah they lost again, so what, they're 3-3. Look at how many teams in the league right now that are 3-3 or worse. Indy, Jacksonville, New Orleans, San Diego, Baltimore, Philly. I'd say everyone believed or believes these teams are better then the Jets, yet here they are with the same or worse records. Point is, there's plenty of season left, and the whole league right now is playing mediocre.

Hey look on the bright side, at least we're not the Cowboys.
This team has probably the most talented team in the NFL right now and they keep losing, gotta love it.
Raiders Jokes

AOL

#16 Oct 22, 2008
Captain Canada wrote:
<quoted text>Thank They dominated two very good teams for three quarters in Buffalo and against San Diego earlier in the season. They could very well be 4 and 2. But, then again, if my auntie had nuts she'd be my uncle.
If you had nuts you would have a clue. Raiders chokes a 15-0 lead against the jokes of San Diego.

More like a young and stupid team.
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#17 Oct 23, 2008
gentle men, a "W" is a "W" ! RAIDERS won ugly but they won. let's move on. we'll take the high road, and you take the low road! oh, i forgot to say thanks! GO RAIDERS!!!
Raiders Jokes

AOL

#18 Oct 26, 2008
RAIDER MISTERIO wrote:
gentle men, a "W" is a "W" ! RAIDERS won ugly but they won. let's move on. we'll take the high road, and you take the low road! oh, i forgot to say thanks! GO RAIDERS!!!
Raiders NEVER were on the high road...2-5 jokes.

Why do you even write this stupid crap anyway?

You look like a moron.
Butch

Phoenix, AZ

#19 Oct 27, 2008
venom wrote:
<quoted text>unfortunately true again. BTW of those 5 catches by BAker 4 came in the first 6 plays of the game. Tight game, on the road, lose on 57 yard FG in OT.... the muffed point giving the Raiders at the Jet 20 set the tone earl,thwe Raiders lining up offsides 6 times, they TRIED to give it away,..... BTW-2. you can't through it down field if no one's open. Lets face it Coles, Cotch and Stuckey are all possession type receivers. they rely on OL pass blocking for 5 sec, will beeat KC
SD guy,your a scumbag,ya loser!
Texans Suck

Houston, TX

#20 Oct 27, 2008
agree, the raiders are scum bags.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerricho Cotchery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trade For Kevin Norwood Shows Carolina Panthers... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News Steelers receiver Antonio Brown demands more pa... (Sep '13) Sep '13 George 1
News How Will Antonio Brown Perform with Mike Wallac... (Mar '13) Mar '13 BIGG MIKE 2
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Which Free-Agent Loss Will... (Mar '13) Mar '13 John Polvere 1
News Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rob 1
News Steelers WR Brown likely to sit out vs. K.C. (Nov '12) Nov '12 Romeo Crapnel 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Kevin Colbert Understands ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 steel pony 1
More from around the web