Jets knock off Patriots on Feely's OT...

Jets knock off Patriots on Feely's OT kick

There are 59 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 14, 2008, titled Jets knock off Patriots on Feely's OT kick. In it, Newsday reports that:

Although some Jets grew tired of hearing about a certain statistic, Kerry Rhodes shrugged.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gold

Hauppauge, NY

#42 Nov 14, 2008
Speaking of Gholston, how bad is he? What are the reports of his progress b/c he is NEVER on the field? And when he is, he just bull rushes the line but gets nowhere near the QB. Wasn't he even a little good in college? Is he that awful b/c he appears to stink.
John

Mattituck, NY

#43 Nov 14, 2008
I think watching the Jets' prevent defense and watching the Giants' blitz defense at the end of the Steelers game, it is becoming clear that the standard strategy for dealing with a big lead should not be to lay back and play prevent defense, it should be to blitz even more.
liner

Bronx, NY

#44 Nov 14, 2008
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, because you've sat your a_s-s down over 500 times and 'watched' it, that makes you an expert.
OK Gary!
So, what makes you an expert on fan behavior? Or anything, for that matter?
What

Ft Mitchell, KY

#45 Nov 14, 2008
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what makes you an expert on fan behavior? Or anything, for that matter?
Never said I was. I just recognize that I'm not an NFL coach and therefore I can't sit here and say who should have done what and why.
I'm sure Manigini and his coaches didn't go in at half time and say,"hey guys, lets make this more of a game and let them back in it, yeah lets do that".
It's hilarious to me how some people think they know better. Did they ever think that NE is just as talented if not more, or to think that NE wasn't going to try their hardest to get back in it. I mean they are a year removed from a SB appearance, and Tom Brady or not, they've still got an all pro O-line, D-line, receivers, RB's, and oh by the way a HOF coach who only has three SB Rings in 4 appearances. It's laughable that some of these people think they know how to coach any team better. The jets or NE. The problem is these people don't listen. If they did, they would have heard Mangini clearly when he explained why they played that tyoe of D, especially the D on the last drive. But they don't listen. they keep thinking they know better, and what defense would have worked better. They bring up the Giants pass rushing at the end of the game. Well last time I checked the Giants pass rush is a little better then the Jets.
The bottom line is the D did what it was supposed to. it prevented out patterns so NE couldn't stop the clock. And it forced Cassle to 'have' to scramble and make a perfect play, and he did. Ty Law couldn't have been tighter. It was a perfect throw and catch. Sometimes you have to give the offense credit where it is due. It's not as if the jets blew the coverage, and Moss was wide open in the middle of the end zone.
You know it's easy to say put pressure on the QB, as if they don't know that. But the D was tired from the offense running the no huddle. And besides they weren't getting all that much pressure on Cassle all night anyway.

“I am Man's Son”

Since: Nov 08

Death Valley

#46 Nov 14, 2008
What wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a lawyer, LOL
How's the exhaust taste from all those ambulances you've been chasing. Oh wait everybody, Ashamed has another big case defending another McDonalds patron who has burned their lap with 'hot' coffee!
What a genius defense their Matlock. The cup didn't state clearly in big bold letters that it was a hot drink your client was holding. Way to go, you should be proud of yourself, LOL
If you were any kind of 'real' lawyer. You wouldn't ahve time to read Newsday online, and the sports blogs. Hmmm, either someone here is a complete liar, or my guess is they're not very good at their profession. Oh let me guess, the jury is in deliberations and you're just killing time, right? LOL
Why bother responding to you... After all... You obviously have more free time than I do which would make me assume that you are unemployed and with the current financial crisis you probably will remain unemployed but don't worry there is always welfare for people like you.

“I am Man's Son”

Death Valley

#47 Nov 14, 2008
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said I was. I just recognize that I'm not an NFL coach and therefore I can't sit here and say who should have done what and why.
I'm sure Manigini and his coaches didn't go in at half time and say,"hey guys, lets make this more of a game and let them back in it, yeah lets do that".
It's hilarious to me how some people think they know better. Did they ever think that NE is just as talented if not more, or to think that NE wasn't going to try their hardest to get back in it. I mean they are a year removed from a SB appearance, and Tom Brady or not, they've still got an all pro O-line, D-line, receivers, RB's, and oh by the way a HOF coach who only has three SB Rings in 4 appearances. It's laughable that some of these people think they know how to coach any team better. The jets or NE. The problem is these people don't listen. If they did, they would have heard Mangini clearly when he explained why they played that tyoe of D, especially the D on the last drive. But they don't listen. they keep thinking they know better, and what defense would have worked better. They bring up the Giants pass rushing at the end of the game. Well last time I checked the Giants pass rush is a little better then the Jets.
The bottom line is the D did what it was supposed to. it prevented out patterns so NE couldn't stop the clock. And it forced Cassle to 'have' to scramble and make a perfect play, and he did. Ty Law couldn't have been tighter. It was a perfect throw and catch. Sometimes you have to give the offense credit where it is due. It's not as if the jets blew the coverage, and Moss was wide open in the middle of the end zone.
You know it's easy to say put pressure on the QB, as if they don't know that. But the D was tired from the offense running the no huddle. And besides they weren't getting all that much pressure on Cassle all night anyway.
Your ignorance makes me sick.

Just cuz someone voices their opinion on a game you have to go and shoot them down.

Does it make you feel like more of a lady?

Sock my black hawk while I fork your sister.
What

Ft Mitchell, KY

#48 Nov 14, 2008
Ashamed on LI wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance makes me sick.
Just cuz someone voices their opinion on a game you have to go and shoot them down.
Does it make you feel like more of a lady?
Sock my black hawk while I fork your sister.
LOL, I guess it bothers you when people voice their opinions, huh?
Let me guess, trial law is something you're not familiar with, LOL

You're a lawyer so how is ok for others to criticize the coaches on the jets, but it isn't fair for me to criticize them for being critical?
Answer me that, oh great and fair lawful one.
Busey

Melville, NY

#49 Nov 14, 2008
What wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a lawyer so how is ok for others to criticize the coaches on the jets, but it isn't fair for me to criticize them for being critical?
You are such a tool is amazing.

No one cares what you have to say.
You are a negative, argumentative jerkoff

Go away.
What

Ft Mitchell, KY

#50 Nov 14, 2008
Busey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a tool is amazing.
No one cares what you have to say.
You are a negative, argumentative jerkoff
Go away.
GARY! Nice to see you're still looking for my posts. I see your brain surgery had quite an effect on your thinking. I mean if you didn't care about what I have to say, you wouldn't respond.
It's ok, as long as you reply to me, I'll reply to you. Deal?
gold

Hauppauge, NY

#51 Nov 14, 2008
Mr "What," you asked "why is it OK for others to criticize the coaches but it isn't fair for me to criticize them for being critical?" Don't you see the inherent flaw in your logic? People are being critical of the coach's ACTIONS or DECISIONS, but you are attacking others for the very act of CRITICIZING. Additionally, if you are against people for criticizing, then you can't criticize either. You can't attack people for doing something and then do that very act yourself.
gold

Hauppauge, NY

#52 Nov 14, 2008
Mr. What, I guess what you're saying is that we're not qualified to criticize the coach. But who is? Only other coaches, players or owners? And no one else? Does that mean we can't criticize politicians unless we too are a politician, or lawyers unless we're a lawyer?
What

Ft Mitchell, KY

#53 Nov 14, 2008
gold wrote:
Mr "What," you asked "why is it OK for others to criticize the coaches but it isn't fair for me to criticize them for being critical?" Don't you see the inherent flaw in your logic? People are being critical of the coach's ACTIONS or DECISIONS, but you are attacking others for the very act of CRITICIZING. Additionally, if you are against people for criticizing, then you can't criticize either. You can't attack people for doing something and then do that very act yourself.
Actually I never said they couldn't be critical. I like it when they are, because it gives me someone to go after. It's one thing if the jets got blown out and lost. But when they win, and beat the defending AFC champs in their own house, then being critical to me is ridiculous. They have every right to criticize. And I have every right to ask them how they got to that conclusion. They want to sh_i-t on the team, and I like to defend the team, and the coaches decisions. Why? Because it's fun.
Most of these people are Jets haters anyway. Like this "Jay" character. He started talking sh_i-t before the season about how terrible the favre deal was. That Favre was old, and past his prime, and the Jets would be lucky to win 8 games. To me that's just a moron looking for a confrontation, and so I'm more then happy to give it to him. He doesn't post facts, or statistics. Just moronic statements about about how bad the team is.
They like to think they know what they're talking about. And I like to put them on the spot and ask them how much better could they do. They don't like that. I guess they can't conversate about th game without insulting the coach and some players.
When the team stinks, they stink. But this team was 4-12 last year. So in my view they've made huge improvements. To some it's not good enough, and they'll complain even if we went undefeated. They're just miserable. I like to remind them of it. And as you can tell, the truth hurts.
Bottom line, I have an optomistic outlook on how the team did. They have a pessimistic view. They'll criticize everything. I'll criticize them for being critical, and reminding them how much better the team is, and that favre 'was' the right decision for the team.
We'll never agree, and that's fine with me. It's fun.
What

Ft Mitchell, KY

#54 Nov 14, 2008
gold wrote:
Mr. What, I guess what you're saying is that we're not qualified to criticize the coach. But who is? Only other coaches, players or owners? And no one else? Does that mean we can't criticize politicians unless we too are a politician, or lawyers unless we're a lawyer?
No not at all. But am I not allowed to defend the teams decisions, by disagreeing with what they say?
Criticizing is one thing. Saying you know what would work better then the guy running the team, to me, is ridiculous.
It's a free country. They can criticize who ever they like. And I can in turn criticize them for being critical. It's a little bit of a have a taste of your own medicine kind a thing. I am fascinated by the person who really thinks they know how to better handle something. Whether it's sports or politics or whatever. It's a window into what kind of person it is. They get so caught up in it, that they actually believe they would do a better job. I just like to remind them, that these guys their criticizing have tons more experience in what they do, then they themselves have watching it on TV. It always sparks an argument, and that's cool. I like to defend my teams. They like to tear them apart.
It will always be like this. It's a never ending battle. They'll always be trying to tear down my teams, and I'll always try and defend the team.
What

Ft Mitchell, KY

#55 Nov 14, 2008
gold wrote:
Not only that but if you go back and read my first post, you will see that I didn't respond to anyone in particular. It was an open ended post. I simply gave my view on what I thought about those who are critical. I didn't specify anyone in particular. They responded to me. So in fact it proves my point. Because I wasn't being specific as to who I was talking to, a bunch of them just assumed I was talking about them and responded. Why? Because they read my post and knew I was right. Otherwise, they would have ignored it. Again, they responded to me, i didn't go after anyone until they attacked me. I am free to feel the way I feel about others being critical. They don't like it. Well just like they say to the players and coaches who hear their criticism, too bad.
CaJets Fan

Laguna Hills, CA

#56 Nov 14, 2008
For the rest of the posters that don't know it, "What" otherwise known as "Jets Win" is a twelve year old boy who logs on to his moms computer when she's not home, watches p*o*r*n with his sister and yells at anyone with a differing opinion about the Jets. It's hard to get mad at anonymous tuff guys like him. Last week he was yelling about wanting to shoot someone. Seek help, "What" you'll feel better. By the way, your mom is on her way home, get off your sister and finish your homework. LOL, you're way too easy to wind up and spin. More importantly, great win last night, Go Jets!!
What

Ft Mitchell, KY

#57 Nov 14, 2008
CaJets Fan wrote:
For the rest of the posters that don't know it, "What" otherwise known as "Jets Win" is a twelve year old boy who logs on to his moms computer when she's not home, watches p*o*r*n with his sister and yells at anyone with a differing opinion about the Jets. It's hard to get mad at anonymous tuff guys like him. Last week he was yelling about wanting to shoot someone. Seek help, "What" you'll feel better. By the way, your mom is on her way home, get off your sister and finish your homework. LOL, you're way too easy to wind up and spin. More importantly, great win last night, Go Jets!!
You already posted that one. What's the matter, you ran out of original ideas, LOL.

I know you're mad about Proposition 8 being passed, but I didn't vote on it. I mean I would have voted to pass it too so I guess what's the difference right? Besides, you still have civil unions, and you get everything a married man and woman get. You just can't have the 'Married' title. Too bad for you I guess, but you shoudn't let it make you so miserable. You chose that life, now deal with it.

“I am Man's Son”

Death Valley

#58 Nov 15, 2008
What wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not worth it.
Jay

United States

#59 Nov 15, 2008
"what" is a jagoff. bottom line. or you can just stop by. 35 clark rd in pt jeff station. as you can see he needs "someone to go after" on a forum. pathetic individual. as said before, he's an argumentative jerkoff.
What

Ft Mitchell, KY

#60 Nov 15, 2008
Jay wrote:
"what" is a jagoff. bottom line. or you can just stop by. 35 clark rd in pt jeff station. as you can see he needs "someone to go after" on a forum. pathetic individual. as said before, he's an argumentative jerkoff.
Hey pu-s_sy boy. How's that preseason prediction going for you? I'm sorry what? Favre is like Namath on the Rams and Unitas in San Diego, huh?

LOL, L-O-S-E-R!

Man, it must su_c-k to be you and be wrong all the time! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerricho Cotchery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trade For Kevin Norwood Shows Carolina Panthers... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News Steelers receiver Antonio Brown demands more pa... (Sep '13) Sep '13 George 1
News How Will Antonio Brown Perform with Mike Wallac... (Mar '13) Mar '13 BIGG MIKE 2
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Which Free-Agent Loss Will... (Mar '13) Mar '13 John Polvere 1
News Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rob 1
News Steelers WR Brown likely to sit out vs. K.C. (Nov '12) Nov '12 Romeo Crapnel 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Kevin Colbert Understands ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 steel pony 1
More from around the web