Jets' Favre focusing only on the near...

Jets' Favre focusing only on the near future

There are 32 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 18, 2008, titled Jets' Favre focusing only on the near future. In it, Newsday reports that:

Brett Favre said he hasn't come close to deciding what he will do next year, but yesterday he also acknowledged the obvious.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ron

Sterling, IL

#23 Dec 22, 2008
The Jets look like idiots right now. Pennington is having a career season and looks to be the man in Miami for years to come, the Packers got draft picks for Favre, and the Jets got left holding the bag. Everyone won in this deal but the Jets. Favre can't play a full season and he can't handle the cold and the wind anymore. There's no shame in that at his age, it's just a fact. It was foolish to
invest so much in an old QB.

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#24 Dec 22, 2008
Ron wrote:
The Jets look like idiots right now. Pennington is having a career season and looks to be the man in Miami for years to come, the Packers got draft picks for Favre, and the Jets got left holding the bag. Everyone won in this deal but the Jets. Favre can't play a full season and he can't handle the cold and the wind anymore. There's no shame in that at his age, it's just a fact. It was foolish to
invest so much in an old QB.
someone else posted this, the jets are 3 years behind the 8-ball at the QB position as a result of getting favre.
Yup

Mineola, NY

#25 Dec 22, 2008
Amazing! I didn't want Favre from the beginning. Now, we have to give GB our second round draft pick, we have a mid 1 st round pick at best and we have no qb for next season. Thanks for leaving us weaker now than before you came. This reminds me of Rosylind Shays on L.A. Law, the beeeyatch!

BTW, who saw the post game show on MSG yesterday? Favre was crying like a woman.
GHT

United States

#26 Dec 22, 2008
Cogency wrote:
I gotta know--what the hell is avenue of canyons, if no one minds my asking...?
It's typically the reference to a NY ticker tape parade for winners of the SB, WS and/or other major sporting events. The NY skyscrapers would be the "canyon" walls

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#27 Dec 22, 2008
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>It's typically the reference to a NY ticker tape parade for winners of the SB, WS and/or other major sporting events. The NY skyscrapers would be the "canyon" walls
no it's not, you i/d/i/o/t!!!!!!!!!! OMG! It's the canyon of heros!!!!!! can someone call 911, my head is gonna explode

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#28 Dec 22, 2008
and it's NOT just for sports winners!!!!!!! BP is 250 over 200
GHT

United States

#29 Dec 22, 2008
roger43 wrote:
<quoted text>
no it's not, you i/d/i/o/t!!!!!!!!!! OMG! It's the canyon of heros!!!!!! can someone call 911, my head is gonna explode
he had the name wrong but that's what he was referencing doushe. I only explained what it was. Calm down.
Jets Jokes

AOL

#30 Dec 22, 2008
Both teams suck. Jets lose to the sorry Seahags and the mighty Dolphins play a scoring fest with a 2-11 team and their rookie QB. Anyone from the AFC Least will be one and done in the playoffs, greatest embarrassment in NFL history, cant wait to watch it happen!

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#31 Dec 23, 2008
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>he had the name wrong but that's what he was referencing doushe. I only explained what it was. Calm down.
no doo/s/h. i know what he was referring to, also. you explaining that to me is as moronic as calling it the "avenue of canyons". the guy comes across as Mr big NY sports fan and he doesn't even know what the canyon of heros is called or what it's for??? Maybe Mr Right was you and you just changed your handle and isp.
I'm on hear all the time. there are morons bigger than Mr. avenue of canyons. and they love to spout off but have absolutely no clue, so put it back in your pants and move to another board if you don't have the skin for having someones ballz busted for being a complete i/d/i/o/t.
"avenue of canyons"???? UGH!!!!!!!!!!
GHT

Livingston, NJ

#32 Dec 24, 2008
roger43 wrote:
<quoted text>
no doo/s/h. i know what he was referring to, also. you explaining that to me is as moronic as calling it the "avenue of canyons". the guy comes across as Mr big NY sports fan and he doesn't even know what the canyon of heros is called or what it's for??? Maybe Mr Right was you and you just changed your handle and isp.
I'm on hear all the time. there are morons bigger than Mr. avenue of canyons. and they love to spout off but have absolutely no clue, so put it back in your pants and move to another board if you don't have the skin for having someones ballz busted for being a complete i/d/i/o/t.
"avenue of canyons"???? UGH!!!!!!!!!!
before you call someone a Moron, especially on a message board, make sure your use of verbs, adverbs, preps and the like are used correctly LOL. Hear??!! Here??!! LOL. "I" is always cap. No period needed after "also". Need I go further Mr "Canyon"?
GHT

Livingston, NJ

#33 Dec 24, 2008
What a complete doushe. Get out of your mom's basement assuming you can put the Cheetohs and Mtn Dew down long enough while you swap out VHS cartridges of Star Trek reruns. LOL Complete arse

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#34 Dec 24, 2008
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>before you call someone a Moron, especially on a message board, make sure your use of verbs, adverbs, preps and the like are used correctly LOL. Hear??!! Here??!! LOL. "I" is always cap. No period needed after "also". Need I go further Mr "Canyon"?
before you go and call me anything, the "hear" was a joke to those of us who pay attention.

Now, here's the difference. Mr. Right (his/your handle) better be right about things, no? He spouts off about knowing what it's like to win in NY, but doesn't know what the "canyon of heroes" stands for (or what it's even called) and who the parades are for who grace that sacred route.

Nowhere have i professed to be a punctuator or grammarist, have I?? That's the difference. so read between the lines and pay attention!
spelling and punctuation doesn't come close as calling it the "avenue of canyons" except for frustrated english teachers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerricho Cotchery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trade For Kevin Norwood Shows Carolina Panthers... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News Steelers receiver Antonio Brown demands more pa... (Sep '13) Sep '13 George 1
News How Will Antonio Brown Perform with Mike Wallac... (Mar '13) Mar '13 BIGG MIKE 2
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Which Free-Agent Loss Will... (Mar '13) Mar '13 John Polvere 1
News Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rob 1
News Steelers WR Brown likely to sit out vs. K.C. (Nov '12) Nov '12 Romeo Crapnel 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Kevin Colbert Understands ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 steel pony 1
More from around the web