Jets' Favre focusing only on the near...

Jets' Favre focusing only on the near future

There are 32 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 18, 2008, titled Jets' Favre focusing only on the near future. In it, Newsday reports that:

Brett Favre said he hasn't come close to deciding what he will do next year, but yesterday he also acknowledged the obvious.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BrettBlows

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Dec 18, 2008
Apparently Favre isn't the only one focused on near future. The entire Jets organization is also, what with trading a decent younger QB for an old dog. Don't look towards next year, it might be ugly. Though maybe not, since any half a----d QB could probably be successful with 4 Pro Bowlers on this offense. Its just that Brett has made it look so difficult. Like it or not, The Kellen Clemens Era begins next year. I'm cautiously optimistic.

www.brettfavreblows.blogspot.com
MrRight

Tampa, FL

#2 Dec 18, 2008
Hey Brett, forget the melodrama, and just win baby. Then if you want to retire, thanks and good luck. But if you get lucky here, you may want to change your mind. A Super Bowl win in NY is the pinnacle of success. A parade down the avenue of canyons is like no other, anywhere. But you have to earn it.
wvw

Westfield, MA

#3 Dec 18, 2008
you must have learned by now, as have the green bay fans, that brett says many things but you cannot believe too much of anything he says.and he will also shed some tears when he claims to become retired. so... i think that if the jets do not make it into post season play, that they should be the ones to tell brett, thank you, and goodbye. otherwise, he will posture, and waver, and cause team turmoil when he spends valuable time deciding whether or not to play another year.
Not from LI

Frisco, TX

#4 Dec 18, 2008
wvw wrote:
you must have learned by now, as have the green bay fans, that brett says many things but you cannot believe too much of anything he says.and he will also shed some tears when he claims to become retired. so... i think that if the jets do not make it into post season play, that they should be the ones to tell brett, thank you, and goodbye. otherwise, he will posture, and waver, and cause team turmoil when he spends valuable time deciding whether or not to play another year.
As a Green Bay fan, I agree with you completely. We heard this song and dance for so many years. Yes, we love Favre, but the dramatics get really old fast.
jjt

Seffner, FL

#6 Dec 19, 2008
I guess next year clemmons can take us to the Superbowl!!

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#7 Dec 19, 2008
MrRight wrote:
Hey Brett, forget the melodrama, and just win baby. Then if you want to retire, thanks and good luck. But if you get lucky here, you may want to change your mind. A Super Bowl win in NY is the pinnacle of success. A parade down the avenue of canyons is like no other, anywhere. But you have to earn it.
hey Mr. Wrong

FYI: Brett doesn't read this

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#8 Dec 19, 2008
MrRight wrote:
I hadn't read your whole post. Avenue of Canyons???????? that is a classic sir and will be looking fwd to more of your classic lines in the future

Since: Nov 08

Huntington Station, NY

#9 Dec 19, 2008
Giants Jersey. Nightshirt. Just S/H/I/T stirrin'.

;-)

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#10 Dec 19, 2008
Cogency wrote:
Giants Jersey. Nightshirt. Just S/H/I/T stirrin'.
;-)
?????

how about that Mr. Right guy? Avenue of canyons???
Brett

Scottsdale, AZ

#11 Dec 19, 2008
roger43 wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Mr. Wrong
FYI: Brett doesn't read this
Mr. FYI: How would you know. are you using your 10 minute prison priveledge to say that? FYI it was the GB front office that put Brett in uncomfortable positions, and making an ant hill into a mountain about the retiring stuff. Look at Kurt Warner, how come he is not pressured ever about retiring. Your just another uneducated Packer pretender.
Rob

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#12 Dec 19, 2008
Brett wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. FYI: How would you know. are you using your 10 minute prison priveledge to say that? FYI it was the GB front office that put Brett in uncomfortable positions, and making an ant hill into a mountain about the retiring stuff. Look at Kurt Warner, how come he is not pressured ever about retiring. Your just another uneducated Packer pretender.
He wasn't pressured, they just wanted an answer early so they could move on (with or without them) He has been saying this for 3-4 years now and they were sick of it and rightfully so. Kurt never said he was going to retire. He also says he wants to keep playing as long as he can!

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#13 Dec 19, 2008
Brett wrote:
<quoted text>
um...i'm a jet fan. if pro athletes are on here reading what us dopes are writing, let's just say, it's highly unlikely. use your noggin ya dope and pay attention.

BTW, people address all kinds of celbs on these boards. i'll betcha dollars to donuts, athletes and celebs aren't looking for dunces like you for advice.
avenue of canyons??? it is being nominated for the stupidest reference to a place on any topix board ever created.

Huntington Station, NY

#14 Dec 19, 2008
ugh
Jets Jokes

AOL

#15 Dec 20, 2008
I'll betcha dollars to donuts that the lame Jets will not see the Super Bowl this year.
Brett Favre the Soap

Trumbull, CT

#16 Dec 21, 2008
MrRight wrote:
"the avenue of canyons", where the heck is that, Gate D at Giants Stadium?
Jets Jokes

AOL

#17 Dec 21, 2008
I love it when the Jets prove me right. What a sorry team...Brett Favre...lmao.
GHT

Atlanta, GA

#19 Dec 21, 2008
Brett looked bad today in Seattle. I thought Brett was a snow bunny?

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#20 Dec 22, 2008
Brett Favre the Soap wrote:
<quoted text>
"the avenue of canyons", where the heck is that, Gate D at Giants Stadium?
can you belive that? "avenue of canyons"? i will use that one forever. hysterically ridiculous

Huntington Station, NY

#21 Dec 22, 2008
I gotta know--what the hell is avenue of canyons, if no one minds my asking...?

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#22 Dec 22, 2008
Cogency wrote:
I gotta know--what the hell is avenue of canyons, if no one minds my asking...?
it's the posting of a moron. so many on here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerricho Cotchery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trade For Kevin Norwood Shows Carolina Panthers... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News Steelers receiver Antonio Brown demands more pa... (Sep '13) Sep '13 George 1
News How Will Antonio Brown Perform with Mike Wallac... (Mar '13) Mar '13 BIGG MIKE 2
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Which Free-Agent Loss Will... (Mar '13) Mar '13 John Polvere 1
News Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rob 1
News Steelers WR Brown likely to sit out vs. K.C. (Nov '12) Nov '12 Romeo Crapnel 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Kevin Colbert Understands ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 steel pony 1
More from around the web