Green Bay Packers stop rusty New York...

Green Bay Packers stop rusty New York Jets with 9-0 victory in a snoozer

There are 31 comments on the CLTV - Chicago Land's TV story from Oct 31, 2010, titled Green Bay Packers stop rusty New York Jets with 9-0 victory in a snoozer. In it, CLTV - Chicago Land's TV reports that:

The New York Jets came out of their bye-week break with one big dud. Mason Crosby kicked three field goals for Green Bay, and that was all the Packers needed as they held the rested but sloppy Jets off the scoreboard for a 9-0 victory Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CLTV - Chicago Land's TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#22 Nov 3, 2010
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>If you go to the Packers official website, there are interviews every week with players, and the coach holds a couple press conferences every week. He has taken the responsibility in the losses also. He understands that it starts with the game plan and preperation. He knows Dallas is still talented and understands that success is much more difficult to deal with in the NFL than failure.
Since he is taking responsibility for the losses, I guess we know who to get rid of. You need to pass your wisdom on to the Viking fans. Try to convince them that "success is much more difficult to deal with in the NFL than failure." Good luck with that. Perhaps you can convince Wade Phillips in your philosophy after he gets fired! Good luck with that too! You're wasting your time trying to convince me to believe in such foolishness.

I do have say that your philosophy explains why you seem to enjoy failure so often.
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#23 Nov 4, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since he is taking responsibility for the losses, I guess we know who to get rid of. You need to pass your wisdom on to the Viking fans. Try to convince them that "success is much more difficult to deal with in the NFL than failure." Good luck with that. Perhaps you can convince Wade Phillips in your philosophy after he gets fired! Good luck with that too! You're wasting your time trying to convince me to believe in such foolishness.
I do have say that your philosophy explains why you seem to enjoy failure so often.
I enjoy failure? Where have I ever stated that? BTW, I won't waste your time trying to explain the difficulties in keeping success and winning at a high level in the NFL versus losing and being hungry for a win which Dallas will be on Sunday night. I just hope GB keeps the pedal to the metal. GO PACK GO!!!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#24 Nov 4, 2010
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>I enjoy failure? Where have I ever stated that? BTW, I won't waste your time trying to explain the difficulties in keeping success and winning at a high level in the NFL versus losing and being hungry for a win which Dallas will be on Sunday night. I just hope GB keeps the pedal to the metal. GO PACK GO!!!
Good! As I said, you would be wasting your time. I'm well aware of how easy failure is in the NFL. Ted Thompson has been reminding me of that fact year after year. That doesn't mean that success is harder to deal with though. That's why I've been in favor of success for years now. Because failure is always harder to deal with.

I hope the Packers keep winning also. I want Packer success. That's why I believe that the Packer's should be able to do what nearly every other team has done -- kick the Cowgirl's butts!
Da Bears 2010

Elgin, IL

#25 Nov 4, 2010
answerman wrote:
In an age when the perception of "how good your team is" seems to be predicated on how good your quarterback is... this was actually a good game in my mind. Shutting out any team, much less one of the top teams in the league, is a huge accomplishment. Not that it was perfect, but Coach Lombardi would have seen a lot to like in this game.
Eric's right though... the Packers can't let up against Dallas. In fact, they can't let up against anyone. Every game needs to be approached as though they are the underdog.
By the way, two random thoughts:
(1) though I've gone on record here before as saying I don't make predictions, I'd like to point out that back in August I observed that I was more concerned with the Bears than I was with the Vikings being a threat to the Packers this year... so far that's holding out nicely, and
(2) have any of you been over to the Viking forum? I won't post there, because I don't want to be seen as a troll and I think it's just bad form (unless it's a crosspost with this forum), but WOW is the bandwagon losing passengers. The "good" fans like CT Viking Fan, 40for60, eric113, etc. seem to be rather quiet while all the "fickle" ones are throwing anyone and everyone under the bus. It's kind of fun to watch in a sad way, like seeing a train wreck...
I think Dallas has given up, there's no fight in that team, GB should roll right over them. You are correct with the Viking forum. There are a couple of decent people(excluding 40, I think he's an a$$wipe) but it does seem that 98% of the fans jumped on the "hang Childress" bandwagon. Its not like Chilly is sitting on his thumb doing nothing. Moss was a bad idea, but at least he(Chilly) tried to better his team. Being a Bear fan I know for a fact Jeff Fisher wont put up with Moss's crap. One screw up and Moss can chalk up his career.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#26 Nov 4, 2010
In recent years the Packers have been pretty good at winning the games they should win. If the Cowboys game isn't one of those games, I don't know what is. To be a playoff team, a team needs to be able to win the games they should win. To win the division a team needs to be able to win some of the games they need to win. Neither accomplishment makes a team a real contender.

To be a contender a team needs to be able to win games they don't need and may not be expected to win. The Jets are one of those games for the Packers. The Packers essentially give that game back if they lose to the lowly Cowboys. I'll take a win, but I expect a blow out. If the Packer offense can't get it going at home against the Cowboys, will they ever?
eric

Denmark, WI

#27 Nov 4, 2010
You mention if they lose to Dallas they basically give back the Jets win! Cant argue there,but, i fell they need to offset the lose to Chi and Wash. 2 games they should have won and lost,so they need to win one more they are expected to lose ( at NE or at ATL ) are the 2 that come to mind here.The rest i expect them to win
Minn in Minn ( winable)
Det in Det ( winable)
Chi at Home ( winable)
NYG at home, Giants are very good,at Lambeau hopefully a win and of course
Dallas at home,,should win.......
the lose of Jamichael Finley is bigger then anyone thought,its common knowledge he is a great TE in the making but since hes been out,,,or when is the last time GB had a problem with the offense like they have the past few games,its been a while.AR was quoted in his opinion going into this year Finley is the best TE in the NFL,glad he thinks that as hes the one throwing to him ( Finley) and im not sure hes to far off with that statement either.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#28 Nov 4, 2010
I hope the Packers don't need the best tight end in the league in order for the offense to be effective. So far, the offense has been a huge disappointment. The loss of Driver won't help.
eric

Denmark, WI

#29 Nov 4, 2010
No it wont,but, we get to see more of James Jones and Jordy Nelson since on of them will replace Driver when he retires in a few years.
We did find out a few things,,,Ryan Grant is a bit better then many gave him credit for, Finley is a big part which we knew already,but, at least Jackson is playing pretty good and this experience will help him out a bit in the long term.
You are right thought the offense has been a big disappointment for sure.
normallylikeyell ow

Philipsburg, PA

#30 Nov 5, 2010
I wouldn't trade a conference win for an out-of-conference win. You never know when you might need that tie-breaker. Outside of a division game, this is the only game I can see Dallas getting up for. We embarrassed them last year.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#31 Nov 5, 2010
Your gonna embarass them again...the boys got no hearts....Clay Matthews is gonna kill Kitna....
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#32 Nov 5, 2010
normallylikeyellow wrote:
I wouldn't trade a conference win for an out-of-conference win. You never know when you might need that tie-breaker. Outside of a division game, this is the only game I can see Dallas getting up for. We embarrassed them last year.
Dallas has tried to get up for seven previous games and failed miserably. If the Packers can't show the same kind of effort and domination of nearly all the Cowboy's previous opponents, then the Packers don't deserve to win. The Packers should easily embarrass the Cowboys again. Unless the Packer offense sucks more than I imagine, the Packers will totally dominate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerricho Cotchery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trade For Kevin Norwood Shows Carolina Panthers... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News Steelers receiver Antonio Brown demands more pa... (Sep '13) Sep '13 George 1
News How Will Antonio Brown Perform with Mike Wallac... (Mar '13) Mar '13 BIGG MIKE 2
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Which Free-Agent Loss Will... (Mar '13) Mar '13 John Polvere 1
News Steelers sign WR Plaxico Burress (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rob 1
News Steelers WR Brown likely to sit out vs. K.C. (Nov '12) Nov '12 Romeo Crapnel 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Kevin Colbert Understands ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 steel pony 1
More from around the web