Buccaneers steal OT victory from Bears

For the second consecutive game, the Bears led by two scores in the fourth quarter and couldn't close the deal, losing 27-24 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and former Bears quarterback Brian griese on Sunday ... Full Story
First Prev
of 21
Next Last
rex grossman

Lincoln, IL

#1 Sep 21, 2008
Man, the bears suck with or without me starting. Week 1 was a fluke...we aren't going to hit .500 this year.
this just in

Monticello, IN

#2 Sep 21, 2008
Bucs win by being thugs. He who throws the first three punches wins; he who returns for a fourth loses.

RIDICULOUS.
cjh

Boulder, CO

#3 Sep 21, 2008
orton couldn't come up big in OT? how about davis dropping the game winning catch over the middle? rewrite this article before print tomorrow.
Dino

United States

#4 Sep 21, 2008
Once again Kyle Orton had the chance to win the game and couldn't do it.
pizza man

Elmhurst, IL

#5 Sep 21, 2008
I have said all off season. Why did we let Griese go? Orton is just awful and not a QB in this league. When our backs are agains thte wall they throw a bunch of guys in the box and he cannot do anything. Grossman is better and he's a mental headcase but at least he has an NFL arm and NFL skill. But the QB was again not even addressed in the off season. Keep Griese, work with Grossman one last time, and get a young guy with NFL capabilities is what should have happened but NO!!!!! The team, the coaching and the front office just plain stinks

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#6 Sep 21, 2008
It's scary how well Griese can command the field & march on down with his no-huddle! Worked against Philly last year, and now it worked against us!

At least Forte looked good again!
Soooo

Springfield, IL

#7 Sep 21, 2008
Maybe last year's comeback in Philly was a lot more Griese than the Bears want to admit. Clearly they cut the wrong guy due to Turner's ego.
Chicago Tribune Editors

Lincoln, IL

#8 Sep 21, 2008
The Tribune would like to apologize for the incorrect article title, "Buccaneers steal OT victory from Bears."

The correct title should be "Bears give away OT victory to the Buccaneers."

We are in the process of updating the title, please stand by.
Soooo

Springfield, IL

#9 Sep 21, 2008
nice catch by Rashied Davis
Soooo

Springfield, IL

#10 Sep 21, 2008
apparently Tillman would rather fight than win the game. Between that and Orton's brain fart interception returned for a TD, it's clear the Bears need some SMARTER personnel!
pizza man

Elmhurst, IL

#11 Sep 21, 2008
just bad
attention

Springfield, IL

#12 Sep 21, 2008
memo to bears defense:

The game is 60 minutes long plus the possibility of overtime-NOT 3 quarters. NOT 54 minutes.
Jacob S

Aurora, IL

#13 Sep 21, 2008
no matter what, the bears always find themselves some way to lose... if it means not being able to close down a 2 td lead in the fourth quarter, the bears will do it...
Matt forte, kyle orton, brandon loyld and the bears D looked awsome in this game, yet they still lose. This always annoys me about the bears
Luke

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 21, 2008
Oh wow am I in the twilight zone where 17 pts is not enough points for the bears to win ?
PETE

Atlanta, GA

#15 Sep 21, 2008
Obviously this was a brutal loss. The three key plays were the Davis drop, the Tillman penalty, and also the fact that they didn't give the ball to Forte on the 3rd and 2. Despite the loss, I'm feeling better about the Bears this week than last. Any defense is going to get tired when they have to work that hard at the end of a game for that long.
over rated defense

Champaign, IL

#16 Sep 21, 2008
Congrats to the Bears defense for again squandering a double digit lead and for giving Brian Griese his very first 400+ yard game. Vasher could have ended the game with an easy pick in the 4th, but he let it hit him right in the hands and he dropped it. CHOKE!! Then he gets beat in OT for a long gain down to the 6, which led to a Tampa game-winning field goal. Peanut is obviously no brain surgeon, but come on!! Use what ever brains you have left and don't screw your team over with stupid penalties. Offense looked good. Tables have turned for this team.

Since: Jun 08

Cicero, Il.

#17 Sep 21, 2008
The first g. win was a tease. We've seen the real Bears the last 2 g.
Former Bear Fan

Watertown, NY

#18 Sep 21, 2008
Steal a Victory? What a weak headline. The Bucs won because the Bears stink! They are all a bunch of weenies and I hope Briggs and Vasher are hurt and lost for the season. Peanut Tillman needs to get roasted and shipped out of town along with Smith, Babich, and Angelo. Bear fans look forward to the season and this is what they do. Stab us in the heart with a pencil these last two (and my final two as a Bear fan after 40 years) games. Too bad DirecTV doesn't give us a refund on NFLTicket if we cancel right now. I will have to wait until next year to cancel the most worthless ticket if you are a Bear Fan.

Does anyone want a bunch of really nice Bears gear for a great price? Come to my house for the get-rid-of-all-my-Bears-crap garage sale. Only things not for sale is the Ditka autographed helmet and the two Walter Payton autographs.

At least I won't waste any more Sundays watching this worthless Bears team. After 3 weeks into the season, I AM DONE. Any fans that show up next week better boo the whole freaking game and bring digns that say: Dump Jerry and Lovie, their worthless coaching staff and their worthless team.
Kyle

Kenosha, WI

#19 Sep 21, 2008
That back judge needs to throw a flag earlier - Brown took 3 or 4 good punches/elbows to his head while it was on the turf (which is fairly dangerous) before others swarmed the pile... Tillman jumped in and tried to break it up... crappy call

The Bears D just can't keep up with the no huddle and allowed to many catches in the secondary
Skeptic

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Sep 21, 2008
Whoever fired Riviera...it's time to resign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeremy Trueblood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggs: 10 thoughts on Bears-Bucs in London (Oct '11) Oct '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Cameron Wake blossoms in Miami (Sep '10) Sep '10 Fins Stink 2
Video of Kanin Howell at the Golden Globes (Jan '09) Jan '09 fsgsydney 1
A mind-blowing loss (Sep '08) Oct '08 So IL Bruno 183
Bears in must-win situation (Sep '08) Sep '08 kato 21
Bucs uncertain about status of PK Matt Bryant a... (Sep '08) Sep '08 visitor 2
The Loop's NFL picks: Week 4 (Sep '08) Sep '08 GMan in Cally 5
More from around the web