Giants don't need Shockey

Full story: WNYT Albany 7
The Giants got rid of one big headache. His name is Jeremy Shockey. Yes, he was a good player, but way overrated. Read more
mike smith -not Troy Rec

Schenectady, NY

#1 Jul 22, 2008
Like anyone anywhere people can and do change. There is no doubt whatsoever there was change needed in Shockey as a leader type with the Giants. He was by far the biggest cry baby the team had, often complaining and whining on every play. Leadership is not about having to be consoled on everyplay. His whining antics were divisive and selfish, they added only misery to Giant camp.
He may change, and i hope he does because he has strength and ability, however, i'll take Mark Bavaro everyday of his career over Shockey.
Dick Rossuck

United States

#2 Jul 23, 2008
How does Favre to Shockey sound? I think New Orleans should go after Favre now, it would be a good combination with lots of energy in the offense. The Giants made the right move, they won without him last year, and he is a distraction in the locker room. Now, the Giants go on for their second super bowl without this major obstacle.
Maxie - South Troy

Albany, NY

#3 Jul 23, 2008
Great giant move...Kevin Boss is a better blocker and equals Shockey's catching ability -- but without the result of a 15 yard misconduct penalty!
shane

Albany, NY

#4 Jul 23, 2008
Its a really bad move there is no reason that they coulndt have pulled the trigger on this deal during the draft....now you get two picks that will be very high, since now the saints just added the second best tight-end in all of the game there offense is now very poitent so there going to win games so the draft pick the giants will recieve from the saints will be high.....so is Shockey worth probaly at best a 50th or so pick no bad move on the giants part......very bad
NET

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jul 23, 2008
I totally agree.
Dick Rossuck wrote:
How does Favre to Shockey sound? I think New Orleans should go after Favre now, it would be a good combination with lots of energy in the offense. The Giants made the right move, they won without him last year, and he is a distraction in the locker room. Now, the Giants go on for their second super bowl without this major obstacle.
Rich

Albany, NY

#6 Jul 25, 2008
I never liked the Giants untill Shockey came along. In MY opinion, he was one of the best players on the team. I will miss him, he was an exciting player to watch, with or without the ball. Anybody who thinks he was over rated is wrong, he's one of the best.
wankee

Bennington, VT

#7 Jul 25, 2008
Mark Bavarro was twice the tight end Shockey was. Good riddance you big tattooed crybaby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeremy Shockey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shockey...bad karma catches him (Sep '12) Sep '12 Rtw416 1
Jeremy Shockey nude (Jul '12) Jul '12 Willa 1
News Top 5 Players Saints Fans Would Hate to See Car... (Mar '11) Mar '11 firehorse1906 1
News Should Eagles Sign Jeremy Shockey? (Feb '11) Feb '11 Goodell 34
News How much does Jeremy Shockey have left? (Feb '11) Feb '11 Miami Fan 4
News Saints cut former Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey (Feb '11) Feb '11 Ringfarts 2
News Saints release TE Shockey (Feb '11) Feb '11 Bourbon Street Ho... 2
More from around the web