Giants should only trade Shockey for ...

Giants should only trade Shockey for real value

There are 9 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 25, 2008, titled Giants should only trade Shockey for real value. In it, Newsday reports that:

Just the mere mention of his name, and the reaction is immediate and intense. Jeremy Shockey .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

man

New York, NY

#1 Apr 25, 2008
i like SHockey's play on the field. off the field and in the locker room i think he's cancer for the team. evenback up QB said last yr aftr superbowl that the team as a whole was happier without Shockey around the clubhouse. that being said, i would ensure large value if trade him because he will come back with a vengence to beat NY. he's a premier TE but does drop alot of passes and NY uses a TE primarily to block, that's how it's always been. yeah the pass game opened up a lil bit but not like a west coast offense. we run run run and then run some more, and in front of that run is the O line and TE to hit people. Kevin Boss did outstanding job when he played and he's built perfect to block off big linebackers and he catches balls too. he's a big physical TE. Shockey misses prob 4-5 out of 16 games each yr. that's alot to have yourman down for.
he never comes to camp ontime, and never shows up to summer throwing camp w/Eli.
fans of baseball are shouting for ther release of Giambi and Moose-well in like terms part ways w/Shockey and get some defensive secondary help. draft strong mobile LB and should be good.
rcs

United States

#2 Apr 25, 2008
The guy is ersatz and I think he only gets worse as he ages. Punt! Ya won without him and he makes his own rules. Very overrated and rarely delievers in crunch time.
Harry Vaj

Englewood, CO

#3 Apr 25, 2008
I want the Giants to keep Shockey unless they get a deal that blows them away. End of story. Harry Vaj has spoken!
Tom

Beaverton, OR

#5 Apr 25, 2008
He has been my favorite player for the past five years. KEEP HIM!! The media created this story. Eli himself wants him to stay.
Greg

Cheswick, PA

#6 Apr 28, 2008
Thank goodness he stays. Our 2 TE sets next year are going to be SICK. Are they gonna run the ball, or release Boss, Shockey or both into pass patterns from a running formation? Thats up to the opposing Def Coordinator to figure out....
man

New York, NY

#7 Apr 28, 2008
yeah as if there will actually be a 2 TE set. 1) how many games will shockey be healthy for that? 2) he jealous about not gettingball enuf competing w/2 wide outs, another TE? now way, he'll be happy. he wants to go then trade him....
BIGBLUE

South Orleans, MA

#8 May 20, 2008
PLAIN AND SIMPLE KEEP HIM!
BIGBLUE

South Orleans, MA

#9 May 20, 2008
SHOCKEY YOU ARE THE BEST!

“You are by what you do!”

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#10 Jun 3, 2008
Exactly what is Shockey's trade value worth (at this time)!!??!!...Pretty much the Giants have every position on lockdown till there becomes an injury that leaves a immediate need to salvage their season!! The Giants are best to implement Shockey's talent into more game planning and all at the end of the day will be alright!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeremy Shockey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shockey...bad karma catches him (Sep '12) Sep '12 Rtw416 1
Jeremy Shockey nude (Jul '12) Jul '12 Willa 1
News Top 5 Players Saints Fans Would Hate to See Car... (Mar '11) Mar '11 firehorse1906 1
News Should Eagles Sign Jeremy Shockey? (Feb '11) Feb '11 Goodell 34
News How much does Jeremy Shockey have left? (Feb '11) Feb '11 Miami Fan 4
News Saints cut former Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey (Feb '11) Feb '11 Ringfarts 2
News Saints release TE Shockey (Feb '11) Feb '11 Bourbon Street Ho... 2
More from around the web