Shockey Still A Topic For Giants

Full story: Hartford Courant

Then the turbulence really started because about 20 minutes from landing in Newark, N.J., the scroll changed and told him that Jeremy Shockey - the player he had mentored on and off the field - had been traded ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Trevor

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

I've been a diehard fan of Shockey since his days at Miami. As a diehard Giants for over 26 years now, Shockey has become a fan favorite all over, especially in my house. I question the mentality of Reese when agreeing to this trade. I mean a 2nd and 5th rounder for one of the premier TE's in the game that plays every down like it's his last. I'm truly disappointed.
irrelevant

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

I think he became a cancer to the team, he is very talented and based on his skills would be a great addition to any team. Unfortunately for him, the giants won the big one w/out him, so his antics no longer needed to be tolerated. sometimes thats just the way it goes.
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Trevor wrote:
I've been a diehard fan of Shockey since his days at Miami. As a diehard Giants for over 26 years now, Shockey has become a fan favorite all over, especially in my house. I question the mentality of Reese when agreeing to this trade. I mean a 2nd and 5th rounder for one of the premier TE's in the game that plays every down like it's his last. I'm truly disappointed.
From what I heard they could have done this deal on draft day, but wanted to see if Shockey would come around and take back his trade request. Don't underestimate the value of a second round pick, these guys have a lot of talent and come with a much cheaper price tag than the first rounders. They will definitely miss his talent and enthusiasm on the field, but in the end this is what he wanted. Its too bad things did not work out but not having this distraction to start camp will be a plus.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jeremy Shockey Discussions

Search the Jeremy Shockey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Shockey...bad karma catches him (Sep '12) Sep '12 Rtw416 1
Jeremy Shockey nude (Jul '12) Jul '12 Willa 1
Top 5 Players Saints Fans Would Hate to See Car... (Mar '11) Mar '11 firehorse1906 1
Should Eagles Sign Jeremy Shockey? (Feb '11) Feb '11 Goodell 34
How much does Jeremy Shockey have left? (Feb '11) Feb '11 Miami Fan 4
Saints cut former Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey (Feb '11) Feb '11 Ringfarts 2
Saints release TE Shockey (Feb '11) Feb '11 Bourbon Street Hookers 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••