Guard Lehr planning visit with Dolphins

Guard Lehr planning visit with Dolphins

There are 50 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 13, 2007, titled Guard Lehr planning visit with Dolphins. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Although the New York Giants offered free-agent guard Matt Lehr a contract Tuesday, the former Atlanta Falcons lineman will still visit the Dolphins early next week, his agent, Robert Lattinville, confirmed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
fau 1

Hollywood, FL

#1 Mar 13, 2007
I have to admit I am a little dissapointed in what the dolphins have done this offseason so far. I understand alot of the cuts that were made but they made little offers to any high priced offensive lineman. I like the Joey Porter signing as well as Corey Schlesinger. Both were great signs that will only help the team in the long run. But they still did not address the needs of the team. I suppose they plan to do this in the draft. I think it would be a huge mistake for them to draft Brady Quinn if he fell that far there are to many pressing needs for the team. I hope Cam Cameron can bring this team back to glory.
Bill

Asheville, NC

#2 Mar 13, 2007
I say give him the money, and a 6'2" guard is just what we need, these larger ones are getting push around to much, he can get up under the big tackles and hold them off. Bill

Since: Feb 07

Goleta, CA

#3 Mar 13, 2007
I like the way Miami is stockpiling some draft picks though. WIth the high 1st rounder, high second rounder, New Engand's late 2nd, and their high 3rd round pick, Miami has a great opportunity to address the defensive secondary, QB, OT, and WR positions. I still like the idea of LaRon Landry or Levi Brown in the first round if Quinn isn't available and Drew Stanton and a quality LT in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I think we're long overdue for a good draft class and with Mueller making the decisions, I think this could be a really good year to load up on young talent at those key positions.
Joe J

United States

#4 Mar 13, 2007
What are you worried about fau 1? Randy is being cap smart. He got rid of players who weren't earning what they were paid, and he is stock piling draft picks. We have 3 picks in the top 60, and if Randy trades down, I think he will, we could have as many as 5 picks in the top 60. Stop worrying. The GM knows what he is doing.
BTW don't worry about the Pats. Their passing game won't be as good for a year. It will take time for Brady to get to know these guys. Changing recievers hurt Marino towards the end of his career. The Pats will be lacking in chemistry.
RumbleFish 21

United States

#5 Mar 13, 2007
This is exactly what the dolphins needed to do every move so far I agree with.They cut guys that were not carring their weight and getting paid for it.Thats a shamockery.We will have a line and donot forget that we were #4 defence last year without some of these upgades.We will get defencive backs and a good wide reciever and a line to boot have no fear.This is what we have all been waiting for I believe that are prayers were answered.These were all nessesary moves to better the franchise. Good job so far. Cam is the man
Ken in San Diego

United States

#6 Mar 13, 2007
Lehr surely could help fill one of several gaping holes in the OL.

Sign him if the numbers are right.
damn

Hollywood, FL

#7 Mar 13, 2007
rosenhaus is one rich mutah funker
dolfan

Hollywood, FL

#8 Mar 13, 2007
i think we have lost serious depth on our defensive line..if we loose jeff to the giants and bowens due to free agency we will be seriously hurting defensively.. not to mention we could loose bell too

the jets and the pats have made significant improvements to our team and are going to be very tough to beat. On offense we have barely scraped the surface.. we have lost half of our line (who sucked anyway)..made a nice addition at fullback.. i do not think any draft picks are going to have a significant impact on our offence this year..especially the line.. wr i can see a rookie coming in and doing well.. but the line?? its never going to happened.. plus, we don't even know if we have a QB that can play well? also what would happened if cleo got picked up? oh, the circus is just beginning my friends
DolphinDan

Casselberry, FL

#9 Mar 13, 2007
It takes time to build chemistry along the offensive line. Even if we get good guys in there, we won't see any results until the end of the season. All I know - the pressure is going to be on the QB like it is every year. Defenses will stack the box and make our QB beat them with throws that will never come...
Stephen

AOL

#10 Mar 14, 2007
Patience people. Mueller and Cameron are doing all the right things so far. It took a long time to break. It's going to take up to 3 years to fix. It all can't be done in one F/A period or in one draft. But they are on the right track.
RumbleFish 21

United States

#11 Mar 14, 2007
It will take a few years but All of us expect better than a 6 win season thats horrible.
Billy Bob

San Jose, CA

#12 Mar 14, 2007
If possible sign him.
You build a team from the front back is a well
known adage.
Chris

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#13 Mar 14, 2007
Sign him, must address OL in FA !! Playoffs by 09 ! With an actual shot to win some games
NUT BUSTER

Covington, LA

#14 Mar 14, 2007
I'd like to punch that Rosenhaus,that greasy sleazebag in the mouth! Get him off channel 7 he admitted he's not interested in working with the Dolphins. Why is this greedy dirtbag on TV?
Mueller's doing a good job,they're not overpaying for questionable players or creating cap problems.
They may not fill every hole this year,so what? This is not a one year make over. We do need at least one free agent maybe two OL men or it puts too much pressure on the draft and we need a WR,CB,S,DL
Tom Loy

Newington, CT

#15 Mar 14, 2007
Stephen wrote:
Patience people. Mueller and Cameron are doing all the right things so far. It took a long time to break. It's going to take up to 3 years to fix. It all can't be done in one F/A period or in one draft. But they are on the right track.
I agree. Miami has too many holes to fill in one year. The free agent signings give miami the ability to draft the best player available at a position of need. And Randy Mueller will do his usual magic of getting one or two gems out of other teams cuts. I figure Miami will be 8 - 8 next year. I am hoping Miami trades down out of the 9th spot for more one or two high picks.
Mark Shepard

AOL

#16 Mar 14, 2007
I am sick and tired of watching all of our cuts being made and we let people go to New England who we can never beat and to the Jets who we can never beat. Why are we letting good people get away if we know these other teams are gonna get better off of them
Dolfan13

AOL

#17 Mar 14, 2007
All sports is anymore is who is the biggest agent being paid and how big their wallets get.Drew Rosenhaus who is this guy Bin Laden,he has all these stars holding for more money and has them brainwashed. When this money goes to him . get rid of agents in the sports world before they run football away because they are the ones making the prices of admission and food rise. I cant take my kids to a game anymore without having to save up for a year. I took my two sons for one game parking and tickets and food 278.00 for three hour football game, because of asshole agents like rosenhaus. Like Joe Namath said last year on tv we played for guts and glory and that ring now all these jerks care for is the money.Back then men were men now boys are boys.Get rid of agents before they get rid of fans and the game. You stupid people in corporate the stadium isnt getting filled because of a bad season its not filled because you have to take a second mortgage on your home to go see a game. Wake up and face reality.
FinFan

Omaha, NE

#18 Mar 14, 2007
The saddest part of this offseason is the money being paid to average free agents. Agents are jacking up the prices for guys that are average players and teams are stupidly paying.

Mueller and Cameron are on track with their free agents to date and have wisely not overpaid. Even taking the Porter move into account. I hope they sign the lineman because we can use it.

As for Drew Roseinmya$$, he is a mercenary that is out for the top dollar. He is basically what capitolism is all about, find the highest bidder and exploit them.
F U ALL

Keene, NH

#19 Mar 14, 2007
the draft talent pool drops off after pick 10. There is no need to drop down, all those ten are franchise players. And how can you be disapointed with the cuts, all dead weight and the trades were brilliant. The traded Welker for more than what the Raiders want for Moss.
Stephen

AOL

#20 Mar 14, 2007
Mark Shepard wrote:
I am sick and tired of watching all of our cuts being made and we let people go to New England who we can never beat and to the Jets who we can never beat. Why are we letting good people get away if we know these other teams are gonna get better off of them
They haven't been been "good people". How good are they when the last 3 years' cumulative record is 19-29? That kind of performance demands a housecleaning. They're overpaid for what they've produced. And while we do consistently lose to the Jets, we do beat the Patriots once a year. Review the facts first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeno James Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Vick vows to avoid hard hits in upcomin... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Angry-Bird 9
News Dolphins guard Justin Smiley a load of laughs .... (Aug '08) Aug '08 LOUDOGS13 24
News If Green's available, will Dolphins bite? (Feb '07) Jan '08 SHANNON 60
News Dolphins' Culpepper gets healthy with yoga classes (Apr '07) Apr '07 Bob Greasy 96
News Kevin Carter speaks out (Apr '07) Apr '07 From Dan the Fin Fan 1
News Browns sign former Dolphins lineman McKinney (Mar '07) Mar '07 RumbleFish 21 15
News Dolphins' Mare expected to report for offseason... (Mar '07) Mar '07 Karl Tampa 49
More from around the web