BRICKER: Dolphins' defensive line keeps Johnson bottled up

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The overall performance wasn't nearly good enough to get the Dolphins a division title, but the run defense they produced Sunday was Super Bowl stuff, and that's no stretch.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 13, 2006
nice game

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2006

props goes to the defense... almost no 1st downs for the chief's in the 1st half.. great field positioning for the offense..complete domination until a hickup in the third

our offense should have put more points on the board, hopefull we will do better in red zone next week
Ken in San Diego

Del Mar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2006

Defense played the Chiefs almost perfectly. Stopping the Chiefs running game put all the burden on the throwing arm of Huard, and he was no match for Jason Taylor and the pass rush.

I think the "D" played their best game of the season, even better than last week in Chicago.

And it's about time they got physical. I love the hits they took on Superman, er Gonzalez, the world beater. It was he who left Miami with his arm in a sling. Great hitting, "D."
Kevin

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2006

Dolfanforever wrote:
Good thing the d-line did its job. Was Zach Thomas pathetic yesterday? He looked small, old and terribly slow. Everyone sitting around me at the stadium said the same thing. We need to unload this guy in the offseason in the worst day. He had his day in the sun, but now he's a liability to this defense.
Zach had 3 tackles, 4 assists and one sack. Only Crowder and Bell had more tackles and neither had more assists or a sack.

Take away that sack and the Chiefs are alive for another shot at taking the game. Zach's no youngster by NFL standards but the stats show he's able to play with the big dogs. Then again, maybe Zach would like to be unloaded like Junior and have a genuine chance at getting a Ring before retirement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jeff Zgonina Discussions

Search the Jeff Zgonina Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Parker's 3 TDs help Steelers run over Texans (Sep '08) Sep '08 K-Cash 6
DE Taylor set to become Dolphins' emergency lon... (May '07) May '07 Number One Fan Ap... 33
Wilkinson trade could be voided (Mar '07) Apr '07 duff 36
Dolphins trade Wilkinson to Denver (Mar '07) Apr '07 JERRY TREMELLEN 31
Wright gets second chance to catch on with Fins (Mar '07) Mar '07 Thomas P Loy 1
Former Dolphins DT Zgonina signs with Texans (Mar '07) Mar '07 Mike Nester 23
Cameron cleaning house (Mar '07) Mar '07 Jason Taylor 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••