5 Colts make Pro Bowl

5 Colts make Pro Bowl

There are 79 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 18, 2007, titled 5 Colts make Pro Bowl. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Second-year running back Joseph Addai will make his first appearance when the 2008 AFC-NFC Pro Bowl is played on Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
oh well

West Lebanon, IN

#62 Dec 19, 2007
Lighten up Francis wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Peyton is having his customary fine year, even more so considering the injuries. But, even we Colts fans would admit that Brady is putting up a year for the books, and he ought to be the Pro Bowl starter.
Brady is a cheater along with the full team...Cheaters shouldn't banned from the Pro Bowl.
david b of Indy

Dayton, OH

#63 Dec 19, 2007
one month isn't that long of a wait to see the pats make the colts cry again
If u belive that you need to booted out of indy because TRUE colts fans belive in the BLUE ALL THE D@#$ TIME
and NE got lucky but whos better in the playoffs GO COLTS BELIEVE BLUE
GO Colts GO

Indianapolis, IN

#64 Dec 19, 2007
david b of Indy wrote:
one month isn't that long of a wait to see the pats make the colts cry again
If u belive that you need to booted out of indy because TRUE colts fans belive in the BLUE ALL THE D@#$ TIME
and NE got lucky but whos better in the playoffs GO COLTS BELIEVE BLUE
i love the way colts fans refer to themselves as "True fans" considering the only thing this city was know for until about 4 years ago was the indianapolis 500...and yes, 4 years ago the colts were good and making the playoffs and still had games getting blacked out on t.v. b/c they couldn't sell out the dome...the smallest stadium in the nfl. What "real" fans...
Bob

United States

#65 Dec 19, 2007
oh well wrote:
Peyton the reserve....I guess he should have focused on the game more than the tv adds....even his team has says he has changed since the SB. I guess his big head got in the way of his throwing arm.
I love it!!!!!
Bob

United States

#66 Dec 19, 2007
oh well wrote:
<quoted text>
Brady is a cheater along with the full team...Cheaters shouldn't banned from the Pro Bowl.
Nice assertion...care to back it up with some facts????
Bob

United States

#67 Dec 19, 2007
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I'm a huge Manning fan, but this year has been shaky for him. I don't know what's changed, but look at not just the number of INT's, but HOW they've been made (i.e., throwing right into some guys arms). I think he's working through the bugs, but something is going on.
What's changed? He doesn't have Stokely or Marvin to throw to. Exposed for who was really important in the Colts O.
Zero Tolerance

Montoursville, PA

#68 Dec 19, 2007
oh well wrote:
Jeff Saturday said in on the Bob and Tom show Tue. 12-18-07. Maybe you can find it on thier audio archives.
<quoted text>
If you actually listened to Bob and Tom on a regular basis, then you would know that Jeff Saturday has been kidding around with Bob and Tom about Peyton "changing" ever since the Colts won the Super Bowl. It's called a running gag, moron.
TMD

United States

#69 Dec 22, 2007
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
What's changed? He doesn't have Stokely or Marvin to throw to. Exposed for who was really important in the Colts O.
What is all this smack talk about Manning? You and I both know he is one of the top two QBs in the league.

Yes, the terrible Colts have lost two games by six points in a season where their #1, and future HOF receiver is out, the #2 and 3 receivers have been in and out, 2 of the offensive line starters are out, the best defensive end in the league is out along with 2 interior defensive starters. The Colts have had LBs come and go all season, and are still missing their second best safety.

Yeah. All these things prove Manning has been overrated his entire career and that he has been a terrible QB. Had he not been playing, I'm sure the Colts would be 14-0 instead of 12-2. Throwing for 3600 yards and 28 TDs in 14 games to, largely, rookies, subs and backups is horrible.

Who drafted this bum anyway?
Bob

United States

#70 Dec 31, 2007
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
What is all this smack talk about Manning? You and I both know he is one of the top two QBs in the league.
Yes, the terrible Colts have lost two games by six points in a season where their #1, and future HOF receiver is out, the #2 and 3 receivers have been in and out, 2 of the offensive line starters are out, the best defensive end in the league is out along with 2 interior defensive starters. The Colts have had LBs come and go all season, and are still missing their second best safety.
Yeah. All these things prove Manning has been overrated his entire career and that he has been a terrible QB. Had he not been playing, I'm sure the Colts would be 14-0 instead of 12-2. Throwing for 3600 yards and 28 TDs in 14 games to, largely, rookies, subs and backups is horrible.
Who drafted this bum anyway?
He is a good QB...great, I don't know...not having his allstars has shed some light on his "greatness."
FOOTBALL FAN

Monroe, WI

#71 Dec 31, 2007
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a good QB...great, I don't know...not having his allstars has shed some light on his "greatness."
13-3 as a season record AND most of his personal stats for the year are very similar to previous years. It's inconceiveable to not consider Manning to be one of the top 2 queaterbacks in the NFL today. The only reason you would not is because of personal bias.
Bob

United States

#72 Dec 31, 2007
FOOTBALL FAN wrote:
<quoted text>
13-3 as a season record AND most of his personal stats for the year are very similar to previous years. It's inconceiveable to not consider Manning to be one of the top 2 queaterbacks in the NFL today. The only reason you would not is because of personal bias.
I hate to admit it, but agreed that he is one of the top two.....but he sure has shown how important Marvin and Stokely were....care to debate that?
FOOTBALL FAN

Monroe, WI

#73 Dec 31, 2007
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to admit it, but agreed that he is one of the top two.....but he sure has shown how important Marvin and Stokely were....care to debate that?
Harrison and Stokely have been very important cogs-especially in his most productive years. How ever due to injuries, Stokely has been unavailable muc of the past two years due to injuries Marvin has been pretty much been unavailable for most of this year. The Colts are showing that there is and will be life after Harrison and Stokeley. Would they have been better with those two players in the line-up? Probably. The three wide reciever formation with Wayne, Harrison and Gonzales(sp) or Stokley would have been very interesting to watch.

The Colts have been very successful at re-tooling their offense. To name a few players: Ugoh, Addai, Gonzales (sp).
Bob

United States

#74 Dec 31, 2007
FOOTBALL FAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Harrison and Stokely have been very important cogs-especially in his most productive years. How ever due to injuries, Stokely has been unavailable muc of the past two years due to injuries Marvin has been pretty much been unavailable for most of this year. The Colts are showing that there is and will be life after Harrison and Stokeley. Would they have been better with those two players in the line-up? Probably. The three wide reciever formation with Wayne, Harrison and Gonzales(sp) or Stokley would have been very interesting to watch.
The Colts have been very successful at re-tooling their offense. To name a few players: Ugoh, Addai, Gonzales (sp).
Addai really bugs me...the guy is too good! When Edge left, I thought they were done for, and then Addai shows up and becomes an overnight stud!

Just the other day I was thinking that Sanders was going to be out of his contract soon and of course the logical place for him to go (in my mind) was to the Pats, and then he re-signs!!! What was he thinking?????
FOOTBALL FAN

Monroe, WI

#75 Dec 31, 2007
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Addai really bugs me...the guy is too good! When Edge left, I thought they were done for, and then Addai shows up and becomes an overnight stud!
Just the other day I was thinking that Sanders was going to be out of his contract soon and of course the logical place for him to go (in my mind) was to the Pats, and then he re-signs!!! What was he thinking?????
I was concerned when the E.James left as well. Indianapolis is not really a running team. Their offense is built around the passing game. As a result the passing game sets up the running game for them. Not to take anything away from Addai because he is a very good back, but it's very easy for a decent running back to be successful in the Indianapolis offense. The same can be said of a few other NFL teams as well.
Bob

United States

#76 Dec 31, 2007
FOOTBALL FAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I was concerned when the E.James left as well. Indianapolis is not really a running team. Their offense is built around the passing game. As a result the passing game sets up the running game for them. Not to take anything away from Addai because he is a very good back, but it's very easy for a decent running back to be successful in the Indianapolis offense. The same can be said of a few other NFL teams as well.
Sounds like the Broncos...but the cold-blooded fact remains to me...Addai is a stud, and although Maroney is good, they have not yet gotten what they drafted for.
FOOTBALL FAN

Monroe, WI

#77 Dec 31, 2007
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the Broncos...but the cold-blooded fact remains to me...Addai is a stud, and although Maroney is good, they have not yet gotten what they drafted for.
I agree with your assessment of both Addai and Maroney. Maroney had a lot of yards in college.
maybe he had too many miles on him before he got to the NFL. As I recall, Maroney was drafted in the first round ahead of Addai. So far, Indianapolis has gotten the better value.
Bob

United States

#78 Dec 31, 2007
FOOTBALL FAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your assessment of both Addai and Maroney. Maroney had a lot of yards in college.
maybe he had too many miles on him before he got to the NFL. As I recall, Maroney was drafted in the first round ahead of Addai. So far, Indianapolis has gotten the better value.
Maroney was drafted 5 or so picks before Addai, and was touted by many talking heads as the best back in the draft, even ahead of Bush(boy, he sure has paid off for the Saints!!!). And Maroney has flashes of greatness, and maybe it is because of the aerial attck this year for the Pats, but he just has not panned out in my mind. Never mind the injuries!

Then I watch Addai run all over D's and think wow.
FOOTBALL FAN

Marshfield, WI

#79 Dec 31, 2007
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Maroney was drafted 5 or so picks before Addai, and was touted by many talking heads as the best back in the draft, even ahead of Bush(boy, he sure has paid off for the Saints!!!). And Maroney has flashes of greatness, and maybe it is because of the aerial attck this year for the Pats, but he just has not panned out in my mind. Never mind the injuries!
Then I watch Addai run all over D's and think wow.
Any thoughts on Gonzales (sp) in comparison to Stokley?
Bob

United States

#80 Jan 1, 2008
FOOTBALL FAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Any thoughts on Gonzales (sp) in comparison to Stokley?
To be honest, I have not seen enough of him to form an opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Saturday Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: The Green Bay Packers Selecta (Jan '13) Jan '13 eric 3
News Green Bay Packers: Donald Driver, Jeff Saturday... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Green Bay Packers Power Rankings: 7 Most Disapp... (Jan '13) Jan '13 young fan 2
News Green Bay Packers Center Jeff Saturday Doesn't ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Laughing Bear Fan 5
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: The Green Bay Packers Select (Dec '12) Dec '12 Go Blue Forever 24
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: The Green Bay Packers Select (Nov '12) Nov '12 Hollywoodless Kni... 5
News Green Bay Packers: Running game goes nowhere fast (Oct '12) Oct '12 Patches OHoulihan 2
More from around the web