Source: Irsay to speak with Harrison

Source: Irsay to speak with Harrison

There are 10 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Feb 24, 2009, titled Source: Irsay to speak with Harrison. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Colts owner Jim Irsay plans to speak with Marvin Harrison regarding the wide receiver's future with the team, a source close to the situation tells 24-Hour News 8. The meeting was reportedly set for 3:45 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

Frank

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2009
let the spoiled brats go,and let them take the rest with him, then we can put our money to better use
Fed up wit it

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 24, 2009
For What?
Cyrus Teed

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Feb 24, 2009
Marvin Who?
Jim Kennedy

Whitestown, IN

#4 Feb 24, 2009
You know, how freaking sad, that today's sports players are so greedy that they won't even consider the bigger picture. First of all, no player is worth $13 million bucks a year, let alone a guy whose closer to 40 than 20. If Mr. Harrison was even REMOTELY a team player, he would've said, yeah, i'm nearing the end but I want to go out a Colt. I can give my measley production this year for $5 million bucks instead of $13 million bucks. But, sadly, as with most of society today, it's all about "me."
Good riddance Mr. Harrison.
Freight Train

United States

#5 Feb 24, 2009
Seldom seen especially in sports are loyalty & dedication to a team who took a chance and gave a person a break that many would kill for the opportunity. Harrison did a great job for the Colts but by gosh he was paid a more much more than a fair salary and did not complain then. Now after some great years, greed takes over and all of a sudden it's the "I am getting screwed attitude and you owe me" For what, Marvin?

I am glad Jim Irsay did not buckle! Let Marvin Harrison and any others who don' like what they are earning walk and tell them not to let the door hit him in the a** on the way out. They want to be free agents, then let them all have at it. The sooner the better and the Colts will be stronger without them.

There is always someone, no matter how great your ego or how good you may think you are who will work for far less and prove to be much better. Everyone is replaceable in a heartbeat!

13 Million a year? Ain't no one worth that much money, including Mr. Harrison**** so long & good riddance
atomsend

Mishawaka, IN

#6 Feb 24, 2009
It seems like yesterday that it was 1998 and Manning to Harrison was a new wake up call for the NFL, but NFL careers are short and he had a good one, I don't care if he goes onto Philadelphia or Dallas, I don't think he is effective any more, but I did enjoy the years of play here!
Mike Pagel

Redwood City, CA

#7 Feb 24, 2009
Ursay: Hey, Marvin. Play for free. I need the income.

Marvin: Pound sand, a$$bags.
JanetM

South Bend, IN

#8 Feb 25, 2009
Sign Saturday and say good bye to Marvin!
dustin Gray

Greenwood, IN

#9 Feb 27, 2009
they should keep harrison because they need him for next seison.
Ella

Zionsville, IN

#10 Feb 27, 2009
YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Good ridance. Need any help packing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Saturday Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: The Green Bay Packers Selecta (Jan '13) Jan '13 eric 3
News Green Bay Packers: Donald Driver, Jeff Saturday... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Green Bay Packers Power Rankings: 7 Most Disapp... (Jan '13) Jan '13 young fan 2
News Green Bay Packers Center Jeff Saturday Doesn't ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Laughing Bear Fan 5
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: The Green Bay Packers Select (Dec '12) Dec '12 Go Blue Forever 24
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: The Green Bay Packers Select (Nov '12) Nov '12 Hollywoodless Kni... 5
News Green Bay Packers: Running game goes nowhere fast (Oct '12) Oct '12 Patches OHoulihan 2
More from around the web