Mixing up recipe for disaster

Shaking his head in a somber locker room, Bears center Olin Kreutz blamed himself. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
will furrer

Naperville, IL

#111 Sep 15, 2008
mackleT wrote:
I only read two positive comments and thats a shame...Da Bears are a good team...The defense is for real and they play real physical and Orten is not the problem...The Panthers played a very sloppy first half giving up a t.d. on special teams and huge flags on their first five possesions one bringing back a t.d. by moose...Jonathan Stewert is a beast who was fresh and it was hot and muggy and your defense was getting tired...then frustrated...Then...hit Jake and **** the Panthers off and gave them a second wind...Harris and Davis stripped Olsen plain and simple and Carolina just came back because they wanted to win more because they have fans that love em' when they are bad unlike you bears fans who hate them always...After the bears players read all your crap here today they might just say "F" yall and give up fighting for you altogether...Give Carolina some credit for Beating you and give your team a break...They are alot better than any of you thought they would be and Carolina is better than anyone but us in Carolina thought they would be...All you haters sound like a bunch of spoiled rotten little girls.
Good points there. The Bears actually were statistically superior in most offensive categories.

The outcome came down to few key factors: Coaching - because they didn't put them away in the second half.(Perhaps at mid-field after the game Lovie could have asked Fox his secret to firing-up a team at halftime).

There were 2 fumbles lost. There were bad play changes at key points. Last, if you attended almost any Friday high school game you'd have seen more accurate passes of 20 yards or more.
Ole Ed

United States

#112 Sep 15, 2008
They don't know how to win no killer instinct.Are you sure Billy Reay isn't coaching this team
DevoDon

Denver, CO

#113 Sep 15, 2008
Get Grossman back in there! We have essentially the same team we had in 2006 except without a quarterback that can deliver the deep ball! Let's not waste a great Defense and Special Teams year! How many passes did Orton almost throw for interceptions? How many missed receivers? Wide open! Overthrown compensating for a weak arm. I'll take Grossman's canon any day or give Hanie a shot. Orton does not last past week 5 at this rate. Take it to the bank.
NC Bulls Fan

Selma, NC

#114 Sep 15, 2008
"Orton posted Orton-like numbers — 19 of 32 for 149 yards for a passer rating of 71.0."

The guy is a model of consistency. Here's to all you Rex-haters who swore that Orton was the answer. Orton's your guy if you need a 5-yard pass converted.

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#115 Sep 16, 2008
Ole Ed wrote:
They don't know how to win no killer instinct.Are you sure Billy Reay isn't coaching this team
You are right Ed, and that comes back to comatose Lovie. Did you ever see a team so much in the second half as Lovie's Bears'? They call it NOT fiunishing. I call it being ill-prepared and NOT having a "killer instinct". NO leaders at all on offense.....one last thing....Olin Kreutz=OVERRATED!!!
Bears Blow

United States

#117 Sep 16, 2008
Pete wrote:
Kreutz is right. Last week I watched the Colts nose tackle knock him aside like shooing a fly and sack Orton, this week on 4th and 1 he crumpled under the Panthers nose tackle like a rag doll. There is no doubt the spirt is willing but it's time to admit the flesh is weak. Orton has completed only a handful of passes to date that did not require the intended to slow his progress, jump for a pass thrown too high, STOP progress altogether, or come back for the ball. This was Kyle then, this is Kyle now! And just as before defenses are going to start putting all 11 within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage. They will collapse on Forte the minute he touches the ball, and beg Orton to beat them deep. HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO IT!!!!! Kyle Orton is the reason the Bears drafted Rex Grossman give him an O-line that doesn't qualify for AARP and a running game that forces linebackers to stay out of the gaps and let him do his thing!
AMEN!! Kruetz is a midget compared to some of these boys in the league today. He is obviously too small and too weak to get the job done by his own admission. It's pathetic how weak and gay the O line is in Chicago year after year. After watching the boys and the eagles roll up and down the field all night last night it just makes mw wonder, how would it be....
Philo

Seminole, FL

#118 Sep 16, 2008
George wrote:
<quoted text>
That may not have been directed at you in particular. BUT, there are some so called "Bear Fans" on here that do nothing but bash the Bears. I don't think it's right. It's okay to be disappointed in a team but to bash them doesn't make them better.(IMO) I'd rather let Orton try and develop than see Rex. Some say Orton can't win games, but he sure doesn't throw us out of games like Grossman. If we gave Rex all those chances, I think Orton has earned this one. And if we are going to give up on Orton, I'd say give Hanie a shot with the #1 offense and draft one in the next off season because clearly we would be giving up on the season. Rex time here in the windy city has ran out.
Wait, you attack people as being 'Orton haters' and bashing the Bears, then bash Rex grossman? You do know that you are being a hypocrite when you attack one group for doing exactly what you are doing, right?

I agree with you on Hanie and I also don't think Grossman is the answer, but if you are going to bash one player, then don't say a word about people bashing yours.
1bearsfan

United States

#119 Sep 16, 2008
panther fan wrote:
This article sounds just like all of the Bears fans leaving the game on Sunday. Sore loser. No name tight end? What b/s. Guess what? you lost the game to a better team!
No,the loss hurts so bad.Because we lost to an inferior Panthers team.We were obviously the better team.We gave the Panthers a gift with that win.Thats why us Bear fans are so disappointed!! We lost the game,the Panthers didnt win it. If you watched the game,it was obvious the Bears dominated your Panthers.So enjoy the Gimme game.Hopefully we will meet again in the Playoffs!! God Bless! BEAR DOWN!! GO BEARS!!
Pete

Schaumburg, IL

#120 Sep 16, 2008
Huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff King Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hilliard school gets to know military pen pals ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Savannah Barbee 1
Panthers WR Smith downplays issue with QB Clausen (Sep '10) Sep '10 Whatever 1
Speed cameras irritate Arizonans (Mar '10) Mar '10 Greybeard 1
Patriots, Panthers desperate for a win - Sentin... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Spy Cameras 2
Bears lose control, lead, game vs. Panthers (Sep '08) Sep '08 Philo 76
Chiefs can (Feb '08) Feb '08 basketball fever 35
Panthers Maul Niners 31-14 (Dec '07) Dec '07 John Cena 1

Jeff King People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE