Pittsburgh Steelers 2007 Draft Preview

Pittsburgh Steelers 2007 Draft Preview

There are 16 comments on the NFL Football Sports Betting News story from Apr 5, 2007, titled Pittsburgh Steelers 2007 Draft Preview. In it, NFL Football Sports Betting News reports that:

Despite expectations that he would introduce his 4-3, Tampa-2 defense in Pittsburgh, new head coach Mike Tomlin appears set to keep Dick LeBeau's 3-4 zone-blitz scheme, at least for now. via NFL Football Sports Betting News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NFL Football Sports Betting News.

Walter Miller

Ellwood City, PA

#1 Apr 5, 2007
Steelers NEED o-line help badly and all other positions fall into place. Faneca is gone after this year, Starks is good at run blocking but terrible in pass protect. How many decent years does Smith have after a mediocre year in 06 and Simmons is Jekle and Hyde. And at Center?....... A solid O-line is 80% of an offense, period. And, a good offense makes it much easier on a defense.
Thomas

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Apr 5, 2007
I wish Bill would not have left but lets hope Tomlin does a good job in Cohwers position!:)
wulf

Denver, CO

#3 Apr 6, 2007
This is where the Steelers almost always made the mark, in the draft, let's hope that trend continues.
rob

Avondale, AZ

#4 Apr 7, 2007
look like i tell all steeler fans " tomlin will not be on the feild playing every down, he is a coach an important part of our sucess but not the main part". saying that i was very upseting to loose porter but i understand that it was a best for the club...but remember that cohwer and tomlim are coaches not player.. players win coaches coach!!!!!
rob

Avondale, AZ

#5 Apr 7, 2007
mel kiper mock draft has us picking someone i forgot that is how important they are to me i cant remember but i think we need to go after two players the boy out of florida state "lb" or the young man out of penn state "lb" we need to fill that positin would love to have the gaurd out wisconsin but that wont happen
JD Steeler

United States

#6 Apr 10, 2007
The Line is where it all starts. Both sides of the line. Yes, the O LIne has a few holes to plug and we need depth.

We also need some younger LBs to learn the system.

We also need a need RB to push the pile.
lunkr70

Saginaw, MI

#7 Apr 11, 2007
i agree they do need youth at lb.. i would love for willis to slide to 15 but that wont happen...if ike is truly ready to ste4p up then they could pass on revis or hall.. GO STEELERS
JD Steeler

United States

#8 Apr 13, 2007
lunkr70 wrote:
i agree they do need youth at lb.. i would love for willis to slide to 15 but that wont happen...if ike is truly ready to ste4p up then they could pass on revis or hall.. GO STEELERS
I do not know just what happened to Ike last year, yet he will be back. We have a lot of good players at corner and safety and our D line is solid. We need depth at LB and then we can really start blowing up some Offenses. I would like us to have the ability to switch between a 3-4 and the 4-3.

On offense we need depth on the O line and another pile mover. I like our receivers.
By-the-way, the coaches should give Charlie a chance whenever Ben is flat, or just to give the opposing defense something different to look at. Charlie should have played in the first four to six games last year.
steelcity mobster

United States

#9 Apr 13, 2007
well stated walter, O-line is where it is at. then linebacker and corner.
rob

Avondale, AZ

#10 Apr 22, 2007
jd steeler you stated some good things but you got really stupid at the end by saying charlie needs a shot...let me be frank with you "get the fuck out of here" charlie batch has never and will never have starting quarterback qualities..he didnt in detroit and he is great doing what he does the best " sitting his ass on the bench"....
HAS

Akron, OH

#11 Apr 22, 2007
rob wrote:
mel kiper mock draft has us picking someone i forgot that is how important they are to me i cant remember but i think we need to go after two players the boy out of florida state "lb" or the young man out of penn state "lb" we need to fill that positin would love to have the gaurd out wisconsin but that wont happen
I'm hoping we go with Paul Posluszny, the linebacker out of Penn State. He has been said to be one of Penn State's best linebackers of all-time, which is quite an honor considering Penn State's rich history in great linebackers.
rob

Avondale, AZ

#12 Apr 22, 2007
agreed but disagree myself i dont want Paul Posluszny but i thin lawrence timmons out of florida state would be a better pick at LB the paul from penn state because he is more athletic and works well in the 3-4 the hell with everyone wanting to go with the 4-3 we have been running the 3-4 defense since the 70's and it has been working since then why change? dont change....!
True fan

Gibsonia, PA

#13 Apr 22, 2007
Our first four super bowls, all in the 70's were using a 4-3. the reason our 3-4 was so good for so long was b/c we could get those tweener LB/DE that no one else wanted because they don't fit real well in the 4-3. now that a lot more teams are running the 3-4, those tweeners won't be as easily to come by (say in the second or third round, where we got lots of them). Therefore, i'm all for the 4-3 transition.
Bonnie

Bullhead City, AZ

#14 Apr 23, 2007
Its sure going to be strange not seeing Bill Cowher on the sidelines of the Steelers games after all these years, but thats business I guess.
I was disapointed to see Joey Portor go, I wonder who will take his place as the smash mouth team player.
JD Steeler

United States

#15 Apr 26, 2007
rob wrote:
jd steeler you stated some good things but you got really stupid at the end by saying charlie needs a shot...let me be frank with you "get the fuck out of here" charlie batch has never and will never have starting quarterback qualities..he didnt in detroit and he is great doing what he does the best " sitting his ass on the bench"....
At the beginning of last year, Charlie was playing much better than Ben. We could have won most if not all of those games with Charlie. Ben lost those games.
steeler 43

Mobile, AL

#16 Apr 27, 2007
i think we need a LB,CB,RB,C,WR (big one)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Hartings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steelers draft Florida center (Apr '10) Apr '10 SteelConcious 17
News Steelers pick Florida offensive lineman (Apr '10) Apr '10 SteelerMan 1
News Shipley to Steelers? (Aug '08) Jan '09 LZ-Steel 9
News Time line: Steelers' revamped offensive line de... (Jan '09) Jan '09 miaman 2
News End of line for Faneca in Pittsburgh? (Jan '08) Jan '08 Adam 3
News Pittsburgh Steelers 2007 Training Camp Preview (Jul '07) Jul '07 Fast Willie 2
News Ravens remain favorites in AFC North (May '07) May '07 Tommy 1
More from around the web