Raiders reportedly cut Garcia

Raiders reportedly cut Garcia

There are 18 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Sep 5, 2009, titled Raiders reportedly cut Garcia. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

It is being reported that the Oakland Raiders have cut journeyman quarterback Jeff Garcia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Sep 5, 2009
I am a little surprised at this but there were times that he opened his mouth stating that he was reluctant to being the backup and would make a strong case to start by his actions on the field which obviously didn't go well.
Loki

United States

#2 Sep 5, 2009
TexasRaider wrote:
I am a little surprised at this but there were times that he opened his mouth stating that he was reluctant to being the backup and would make a strong case to start by his actions on the field which obviously didn't go well.
Yeah telling wacko Al his star Quarterback can't play will get you cut.

Right now he is doing a jig across the bay after leaving Al's mental institution a sane man and free. Soon to be a 49er again and winning!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Sep 5, 2009
Loki wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah telling wacko Al his star Quarterback can't play will get you cut.
Right now he is doing a jig across the bay after leaving Al's mental institution a sane man and free. Soon to be a 49er again and winning!!!
Honestly I was surprised to see San Francisco to cut him to begin with, but that was when the owner passed on and the kids took over and didn't care about winning, just balancing their pocket book. At the time I worked with a lot of 49er fans and they were all disgusted at their owner getting rid of all the good players.

Since: May 09

Fuquay Varina, NC

#4 Sep 5, 2009
Not surprised...his best years are behind him and he had an injury....not as durable as he once was...plus....he style at QB is very different that JRuss....that's a problem in its self...if Jruss goes down to injury all the sudden things have to shift gears...not good! I was never a huge fan of him coming here....I think its good they cut him...I don't think he offered much...

Since: May 09

Fuquay Varina, NC

#5 Sep 5, 2009
What QB's have been cut from other teams? wonder if they will look to pick someone up....if they do...who> I saw Harrington was cut...but I don't think he is the answer....then again....no one that Gannon was the answer when we first picked him up either.....
Loki

United States

#6 Sep 6, 2009
RaiderFaith1 wrote:
What QB's have been cut from other teams? wonder if they will look to pick someone up....if they do...who> I saw Harrington was cut...but I don't think he is the answer....then again....no one that Gannon was the answer when we first picked him up either.....
Crazy Al is at it again trades away a first round 2011 choice for Richard Seymour. Seymour is truly a class act who now went from being a three time Superbowl winner to the very bottom feeding raiders. Now we also get an indication just how bad the defense is. RAIDERS MUST WIN THEIR FIRST GAME OR THE SEASON IS DONE!!!!!!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#7 Sep 6, 2009
RaiderFaith1 wrote:
What QB's have been cut from other teams? wonder if they will look to pick someone up....if they do...who> I saw Harrington was cut...but I don't think he is the answer....then again....no one that Gannon was the answer when we first picked him up either.....
I always noticed Kansas City being a better team with Rich Gannon in ahead of whoever their starters were year after year. As much as he hated the Raiders, he took advantage of the opportunity he had to start, something that no other team he played for gave him. His name never comes up on my list of favorite all time Raiders, but I ended up liking him better than I thought I would because he was a solid leader on and off the field; he was dedicated to his team even though it was a team he hated; We had a winning team built around him and he even won a league MVP award. Gannon was the type of player that his presence made everybody play better and that is the kind of leadership we need on this football team and I got a feeling that the aquisition of Richard Seymour will do that on defense.

We have a talented offense with who we have; it's just a matter of defense getting them the ball. I noticed a lot during the Gannon era that we had a disruptive defense that was good at getting the offense the ball and the offense would take advantage of it. I really see Desmond Bryant becoming the next Rod Coleman; undersized DT that rotated in and used his speed and athletic ability to overcome OLs and be the disruptive force necessary for a solid defense.

Since: May 09

Fuquay Varina, NC

#8 Sep 6, 2009
I think you are on to something with Seymour's presence....IThink about the D line...if this cat Seymour is all the sudden inserted...wouldn't you automatically try harder? this could be a good kick in the pants....
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I always noticed Kansas City being a better team with Rich Gannon in ahead of whoever their starters were year after year. As much as he hated the Raiders, he took advantage of the opportunity he had to start, something that no other team he played for gave him. His name never comes up on my list of favorite all time Raiders, but I ended up liking him better than I thought I would because he was a solid leader on and off the field; he was dedicated to his team even though it was a team he hated; We had a winning team built around him and he even won a league MVP award. Gannon was the type of player that his presence made everybody play better and that is the kind of leadership we need on this football team and I got a feeling that the aquisition of Richard Seymour will do that on defense.
We have a talented offense with who we have; it's just a matter of defense getting them the ball. I noticed a lot during the Gannon era that we had a disruptive defense that was good at getting the offense the ball and the offense would take advantage of it. I really see Desmond Bryant becoming the next Rod Coleman; undersized DT that rotated in and used his speed and athletic ability to overcome OLs and be the disruptive force necessary for a solid defense.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#9 Sep 6, 2009
RaiderFaith1 wrote:
Not surprised...his best years are behind him and he had an injury....not as durable as he once was...plus....he style at QB is very different that JRuss....that's a problem in its self...if Jruss goes down to injury all the sudden things have to shift gears...not good! I was never a huge fan of him coming here....I think its good they cut him...I don't think he offered much...
i feel the same about garcia. the backups gradowski and frye are good enough to run the offense in case of an injury to russell. personally, i'm glad he's gone!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#10 Sep 6, 2009
RAIDERS 2009!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#11 Sep 6, 2009
RaiderFaith1 wrote:
I think you are on to something with Seymour's presence....IThink about the D line...if this cat Seymour is all the sudden inserted...wouldn't you automatically try harder? this could be a good kick in the pants....<quoted text>
Seymour is a solid DL that has been there and done that and he is the type of player needed on the D to help the younger guys like Desmond Bryant and Trevor Scott plus guys that have been around a while like Tommy Kelly and Gerrard Warren succeed at this level and help bring out the best in them. I'm sure Greg Ellis will support Seymour's veteran leadership as well since he realizes that Seymour has accomplished a lot in his career. I will be honest; I have noticed a big down play on our DL since Warren Sapp retired; I didn't like the guy personally, but he was the type of player that would push his teammates to bring out the best in them and I see that in Seymour especially since we have a better coaching staff now than we did in Sapp's time with us.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#12 Sep 6, 2009
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>i feel the same about garcia. the backups gradowski and frye are good enough to run the offense in case of an injury to russell. personally, i'm glad he's gone!
I'm not real high on Frye becasue he reminds me a lot of Kerry Collins; good passer but commits too many turnovers at bad times.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#13 Sep 6, 2009
i agree, but third in line will do!
RAIDERS 2009!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#14 Sep 6, 2009
RaiderFaith1 wrote:
What QB's have been cut from other teams? wonder if they will look to pick someone up....if they do...who> I saw Harrington was cut...but I don't think he is the answer....then again....no one that Gannon was the answer when we first picked him up either.....
AJ Feeley was the best available that was cut I think.
Captain Canada

Steinbach, Canada

#15 Sep 7, 2009
As much as I have enjoyed watching Garcia play over the course of his career, I believe that this was the right move at the right time. Nice to see these types of difficult decisions being made vs. the "scholarships" of the past.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#16 Sep 7, 2009
Captain Canada wrote:
As much as I have enjoyed watching Garcia play over the course of his career, I believe that this was the right move at the right time. Nice to see these types of difficult decisions being made vs. the "scholarships" of the past.
WHAT'S UP CAPTAIN!(lol) hey if russell was not there, i'd say welcome. and i actually did welcome him in but when all that talk started to get to heavy about him wanting to take the starting job and missing practice do to whatever reasons he had kind of made it worse for me to see him play here. i saw enough from grodowski and frye to let russell concentrate on his starting job. but, it's over now. russell is the starter and i believe he will be better this year once he gets comfortable. after all he does seem a little shaky but going on his third year and garcia gone,it's on! i think practice has been going better than preaseason now it's time to put it on the real games, and it will happen! this is a RAIDER turn around year. the only thing that is now in the way is the coach punching thing. they say it's not a distraction but i still think it kind of is. i mean, cable is looking at a possible suspension? and it's not a distraction? anyways, i hope it's not.
RAIDERS 2009!!!
Achmed

Atlanta, GA

#17 Sep 7, 2009
SILENCE!!!!!!!!!! I keel you!!!!!!

Texas Raider is JacksonBrownGirl 3481 and OG Achmed

La "GRANDE" list.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Simi Valley, CA.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Toronto, Canada.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Bolingbroke, GA.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Denver, CO.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Broomfield, CO.

RAIDER MISTERIO
St George, UT

RAIDER MISTERIO
Winchester, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
Hillsboro, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
La Grande, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
Portland, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
Midvale, UT

RAIDER MISTERIO
Shelton, WA

RAIDER MISTERIO
Salem, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
Mead, WA

RAIDER MISTERIO
Seattle, WA

RAIDER MISTERIO
Boise, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
Sandy, UT

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE, UT
ISP Meridian, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE, UT
ISP La Grande, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE, UT
ISP Garden City, UTAH

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE, UT
ISP Salem, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
Blackfoot, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GERORGE, UTAH
ISP Blackfoot, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GERORGE, UTAH
ISP Gresham, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE UTAH
ISP Simi Valley, CA

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE UTAH
ISP Sweet, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
AOL

Bleacher Report
RAIDER MISTERIO MISTERIO
Joey Lucania (Contributor)

Michael Miller 2 months ago
Did you just change your profile name?
Mark Skidmark

Saint Petersburg, FL

#18 Sep 7, 2009
Garcia couldn't produce as much as a popcorn fart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Garcia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rumors arise of a JaMarcus Russell comeback (Dec '11) Dec '11 muje 9
News Just Sayin': Costly QB play by the Bay (Dec '10) Dec '10 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 11
News John Henderson: Starter Or Camp Body? (Jul '10) Jul '10 TexasRaider 3
News Monte Poole: Big Ben's latest issue shows it's ... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Bullfarts 5
News Terrell Owens to the Raiders: the mother of all... (Mar '10) Mar '10 XanderSlugger 1
News Oakland Raiders: Yes, I'm Still Defending JaMar... (Jan '10) Jan '10 TexasRaider 4
News Oakland Raiders JaMarcus Russell's downward spiral (Jan '10) Jan '10 Achmed 2