Raiders need Russell to return them t...

Raiders need Russell to return them to glory

There are 10 comments on the Nevada Appeal story from Sep 13, 2009, titled Raiders need Russell to return them to glory. In it, Nevada Appeal reports that:

The days of babying JaMarcus Russell on his journey from No. 1 overall pick to NFL franchise quarterback have ended for the Oakland Raiders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nevada Appeal.

Since: May 09

Fuquay Varina, NC

#1 Sep 13, 2009
I agree...this is the year Russell needs to take the bull by the horns. I don't expect playoffs...but I do expect a .500 or better record. If he can get the team behind him and it shows on the field...That's whats most important.

“Go Raiders!!!!!!”

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 14, 2009
Yeah Russell needs to play well...I hope McFadden tears it up tommorrow nite and runs up my fantasy voctory score....More Yeager Bombs please...Uh Oh only 2 cigs left...

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Sep 14, 2009
It's not just Russell, but the whole team. There is a lot of good young talent that has a major job ahead of them and we're all counting on them to win football games. RAIDERNATION 2009!!!!!!!!

Fuquay Varina, NC

#4 Sep 14, 2009
I agree...however...the QB is like the coach and the kicker...Too much praise for a job well done and too much hate when things aren't going right. That's what I meant when I said he needs to step it up...He needs the team to do that...but bottom line is if they are struggling he will be blamed regardless. I don't agree with that....but that's how most of the public views it.
TexasRaider wrote:
It's not just Russell, but the whole team. There is a lot of good young talent that has a major job ahead of them and we're all counting on them to win football games. RAIDERNATION 2009!!!!!!!!

Since: Apr 07

United States

#5 Sep 14, 2009
Russell was about as overrated a draft pick as you could get. Then his rookie year holdout did not help matters. In his second year he came into camp overweight, and this preseason he showed little to no signs of improvement in any area whatsoever.

He does not have the mentality of a franchise QB.

He's got a big right arm and perhaps a ego just as large. I've seen film of this guy off the field, with the cars, and the oversized platninum around his neck and I wonder if he gets it.

He is the perfect leader for a team that has no leadership.

If I were Oakland's staff, I would force him to shadow Nnamdi Asamguha and note what it is like to be a talent who actually works to be the best at what he does. Never on any other team will you find two "star's" who are so totally different.

Fuquay Varina, NC

#6 Sep 14, 2009
Good thing you only pick and choose what to say without thinking...would hate for you to have something intelligent to offer....
MarkL5 wrote:
Russell was about as overrated a draft pick as you could get. Then his rookie year holdout did not help matters. In his second year he came into camp overweight, and this preseason he showed little to no signs of improvement in any area whatsoever.
He does not have the mentality of a franchise QB.
He's got a big right arm and perhaps a ego just as large. I've seen film of this guy off the field, with the cars, and the oversized platninum around his neck and I wonder if he gets it.
He is the perfect leader for a team that has no leadership.
If I were Oakland's staff, I would force him to shadow Nnamdi Asamguha and note what it is like to be a talent who actually works to be the best at what he does. Never on any other team will you find two "star's" who are so totally different.

Since: Apr 07

United States

#7 Sep 14, 2009
RaiderFaith1 wrote:
Good thing you only pick and choose what to say without thinking...would hate for you to have something intelligent to offer....<quoted text>
Please check the passer rating of Russell since becoming a starter.

Please also check his win/loss ratio.

Please also compair his stats against Joe Flaco, and Matt Ryan, two second year players who spotted him a year!

Then please find a new quarterback to brag about.
Loki

United States

#8 Sep 14, 2009
RaiderFaith1 wrote:
Good thing you only pick and choose what to say without thinking...would hate for you to have something intelligent to offer....<quoted text>
RF1 has his head so far up Al's rectal cavity he would not know what the real world is let alone recognize it.
mwgfret

Pittsburg, CA

#9 Sep 20, 2009
If they have to wait for Russell to lead them to glory they better be prepared for a looooong wait, with major disappointment at the end.
Achmed

Atlanta, GA

#10 Sep 20, 2009
SILENCE!!!!!!!!!! I laughing!!!!!!

Texas Raider is JacksonBrownGirl 3481 and OG Achmed

La "GRANDE" list.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Simi Valley, CA.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Toronto, Canada.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Bolingbroke, GA.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Denver, CO.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Broomfield, CO.

RAIDER MISTERIO
St George, UT

RAIDER MISTERIO
Winchester, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
Hillsboro, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
La Grande, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
Portland, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
Midvale, UT

RAIDER MISTERIO
Shelton, WA

RAIDER MISTERIO
Salem, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
Mead, WA

RAIDER MISTERIO
Seattle, WA

RAIDER MISTERIO
Boise, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
Sandy, UT

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE, UT
ISP Meridian, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE, UT
ISP La Grande, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE, UT
ISP Garden City, UTAH

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE, UT
ISP Salem, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
Blackfoot, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GERORGE, UTAH
ISP Blackfoot, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GERORGE, UTAH
ISP Gresham, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE UTAH
ISP Simi Valley, CA

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE UTAH
ISP Sweet, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE UTAH
ISP Cottonwood, ID

RAIDER MISTERIO
ST GEORGE UTAH
ISP Hemiston, OR

RAIDER MISTERIO
AOL

Bleacher Report
RAIDER MISTERIO MISTERIO
Joey Lucania (Contributor)

Michael Miller 2 months ago
Did you just change your profile name?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Garcia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rumors arise of a JaMarcus Russell comeback (Dec '11) Dec '11 muje 9
News Just Sayin': Costly QB play by the Bay (Dec '10) Dec '10 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 11
News John Henderson: Starter Or Camp Body? (Jul '10) Jul '10 TexasRaider 3
News Monte Poole: Big Ben's latest issue shows it's ... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Bullfarts 5
News Terrell Owens to the Raiders: the mother of all... (Mar '10) Mar '10 XanderSlugger 1
News Oakland Raiders: Yes, I'm Still Defending JaMar... (Jan '10) Jan '10 TexasRaider 4
News Oakland Raiders JaMarcus Russell's downward spiral (Jan '10) Jan '10 Achmed 2
More from around the web