Vikings replay: Bucs' Garcia masterful

Vikings replay: Bucs' Garcia masterful

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 16, 2008, titled Vikings replay: Bucs' Garcia masterful. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Bucs quarterback Jeff Garcia was masterful, dumping off short passes and breaking out of the pocket to avoid sacks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Archangel

Rochester, MN

#1 Nov 17, 2008
Well, way back there were several of us posters that were expressing hopes that The Vikings would pick-up Garcia. Sunday's game it was illustrated, pretty graphically, why we thought so. He's mobile, accurate, and an experienced "old fart" QB. Did you notice that Gus mostly had quite a bit of time to throw, OR to run? He can't run. That's not a knock on him. He's just not that kind of QB. TB isn't a "better team", as a whole. Garcia makes them a better team. True, they had home field advantage, but it's not THAT big of an advantage in an outdoor stadium. They had a better team show-up to work on Sunday. Mostly because of Garcia, they just plain beat The Vikings. You've got to hand it to them. They contained AD pretty well too. The whole game just supported my argument for the last few weeks: They need a good quality QB that's capable of scrambling. Jackson doesn't have that sort of experience yet. WHERE to run. WHEN to throw.(Or NOT throw) Maybe he'll become that. I don't know. From what I've seen previously, I don't think he has "it". He has fear written all over his face during a pass-rush. I think that the reason why, is because he didn't sit on the bench long enough to watch how veteran QBs deal with adversity & injuries.- As far as The Vikings go, until they get the right QB, this sort of $h!t's going to keep on happening whenever the meet a real good defense. AND, whenever they meet a good scrambling QB. When a team has a good mobile QB AND a good defense, unless they're damn lucky, this is the kind of game they're probably going to have.- On another note: I've had it with Cook. His nickname ought to be "False Start" Cook. Or how about "Revolving Door" Cook? or...
Archangel

Rochester, MN

#2 Nov 17, 2008
On the other hand, if they somehow would've lucked into a win, the game ball should've went to Chad Greenway. He played his arse off in this game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Garcia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rumors arise of a JaMarcus Russell comeback (Dec '11) Dec '11 muje 9
News Just Sayin': Costly QB play by the Bay (Dec '10) Dec '10 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 11
News John Henderson: Starter Or Camp Body? (Jul '10) Jul '10 TexasRaider 3
News Monte Poole: Big Ben's latest issue shows it's ... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Bullfarts 5
News Terrell Owens to the Raiders: the mother of all... (Mar '10) Mar '10 XanderSlugger 1
News Oakland Raiders: Yes, I'm Still Defending JaMar... (Jan '10) Jan '10 TexasRaider 4
News Oakland Raiders JaMarcus Russell's downward spiral (Jan '10) Jan '10 Achmed 2
More from around the web