New GM Mark Dominik shaking up Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Full story: Chicago Tribune

If the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had been any more active in the last few weeks, they may have been given a prescription for Ritalin.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Mar 11, 2009
val

Aurora, IL

#1 Mar 8, 2009
So even Tampa has seen that the cover-2 is a prevent defense scheme and just doesn't work anymore. Most teams have figured out how to roll over it.
So where does that leave the bears? Lovie will live and die by his coveted cover-2. That is why his career with the bears will end at the end of this next season as he stinks up the town with his losses. Just like the 46, teams have figured out how to play against the cover-2. Tampa knows this and decided to make a clean break.
You have to ask yourself, of all the teams playing cover-2, how many have made it to the playoffs in the last 2 years. How about the superbowl?
Let's see...we have...
Tampa
Colts
Bears
Buffalo
vikes
Kansas
Lions

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...only the vikes made it to the playoffs. Now you know where the bears will be at the end of this season.
Doug Robertshaw

Calgary, Canada

#2 Mar 8, 2009
Leftwich or Lossman for possible QB candidates? Or a trade for Leinart?
bloms

Apopka, FL

#3 Mar 9, 2009
Mark Dominik has done nothing to impress me thus far.... Other than not get Albert Haynesworth and not get any other top free agent other than Derrick Ward..... To me this team is gonna look like swiss cheese with all the holes this guy has left in it..........

The Bucs will be lucky to get 4 wins in 09-10
OTGA

Napa, CA

#4 Mar 10, 2009
Val, the Colts made the playoffs the last two years and the Bucs made it last year (just missed it due to the collapse that cost Gruden his job this year).

Although its heyday is past, the Cover-2 can still be effective with the right personnel.
bhawks61

Sarasota, FL

#5 Mar 11, 2009
I agree OTGA too bad Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, John Lynch, Shelton Quarles, and Simeon Rice in their prime are not playing.

The cover 2 is a s---t scheme. A gimmick that unless you have a HOF roster on defense will not succeed because teams have figured it out. Just look at how that sorry Tampa Bay team the last 4 weeks this season especially the Carolina game on Monday night.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Garcia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rumors arise of a JaMarcus Russell comeback (Dec '11) Dec '11 muje 9
Just Sayin': Costly QB play by the Bay (Dec '10) Dec '10 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 11
John Henderson: Starter Or Camp Body? (Jul '10) Jul '10 TexasRaider 3
Monte Poole: Big Ben's latest issue shows it's ... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Bullfarts 5
Terrell Owens to the Raiders: the mother of all... (Mar '10) Mar '10 XanderSlugger 1
Oakland Raiders: Yes, I'm Still Defending JaMar... (Jan '10) Jan '10 TexasRaider 4
Oakland Raiders JaMarcus Russell's downward spiral (Jan '10) Jan '10 Achmed 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Jeff Garcia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••