Raheem Morris makes whirlwind ascensi...

Raheem Morris makes whirlwind ascension to Bucs' head coach

There are 47 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 16, 2009, titled Raheem Morris makes whirlwind ascension to Bucs' head coach. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

When Jon Gruden stood atop the podium six Januarys ago - Lombardi Trophy raised into the California night and confetti swirling about - the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and their championship possibilities seemed ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Jags Fan

Orlando, FL

#25 Jan 17, 2009
From what I read elsewhere, the Bucs were 57-55 since Gruden took over. When you take awy the 12-4 record of their Super Bowl season, Grudens' first and with a team he largely got from Tony Dungy, this means that over 6 years they were 45-51, with a 0.468 winning percentage. Do you suppose THAT may have had something to do with Chucky's dismissal?
Carbon

Apopka, FL

#26 Jan 17, 2009
How will Gruden afford to get his highlights done? His hair colorist must be horrified.

“FL for Harley FL not Floriduh”

Since: Jul 08

Lake Mary

#27 Jan 17, 2009
Jags Fan wrote:
From what I read elsewhere, the Bucs were 57-55 since Gruden took over. When you take awy the 12-4 record of their Super Bowl season, Grudens' first and with a team he largely got from Tony Dungy, this means that over 6 years they were 45-51, with a 0.468 winning percentage. Do you suppose THAT may have had something to do with Chucky's dismissal?
Absolutely! I still beieve the Superbowl was more Kiffins success than Chuckies!
babooey

Cape Canaveral, FL

#28 Jan 17, 2009
MadAss - quit your whinning!!!!! wwwwwaaaaaaaah......cry baby!!!!

Typical Republican Looser!!!!

Waaaaahhhh
Mark Skidmark

Saint Petersburg, FL

#29 Jan 17, 2009
Good News !!

Now Gruden can ride off on his Hybrid motorcycle and take his cheap bullsh-it with him.

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_may2006/1stHyb...
Ogre

United States

#30 Jan 17, 2009
What a stop-gap move this was. The Bucs will be lucky to go 6-10 next year. Oh well, better HC selection in 2010, plus the Bucs will have one of the first draft picks.
SIGN OF THE TIMES

West Monroe, LA

#34 Jan 17, 2009
Jon Gruden was fired so the Bucs could bring in an African American (token coach). It is all a sign of the times. This will make people stop whining a little about there not being many black coaches in the NFL.

I don't mean to ruffle any feathers here. I am just calling it like it is. I will still root for the Bucs and I hope this new coach does a good job.

But why else would anyone hire someone who is 32 years old and has no head coaching experience on this level ?

Another thing to ponder here is the timing of it all. Martin Luther King Jr. day is coming up in a couple of days. This will look good for the Bucs orginiztion in the eyes of minorities everywhere.

Please, once again don't get me wrong here people. If this were a coach, black or white, who had atleast a little head coaching experience then you could halfway understand the hiring. But in my opinion this appears to be nothing more than political correctness at it's very best..or worst.
SIGN OF THE TIMES

West Monroe, LA

#36 Jan 17, 2009
And everyone here please no matter what your views or opinions are regarding this new head coach could we please keep everything peaceful in the forum ?

So even if you are like me and believe that this new coach was brought in merely to appease certain ethnic groups, please just let your feelings be known in a peaceful manner. After all if you do that you are doing nothing wrong. You are just stating your opinion and taking advantage of freedom of speech.

But if you come across as being revolting and degrading that is not the right thing to do here.

We all have the right to our opinions and to express them publicly. But we must do it in the proper manner and remain civil.

“FL for Harley FL not Floriduh”

Since: Jul 08

Lake Mary

#37 Jan 17, 2009
MadAss wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah......You're a REAL sport aren't ya phoney Marine. I'm still waiting for you to email me so you can show me how tough you are LITTLE BOY! SPORTS TALK MY ****! I'd love to get my hands on your candy ****. You're the kind who hides behind mommies apron. I'd be glad to show you what I know about football when I punt you **** into the St. Johns.
Watch this jerk! He posts under multiple names baiting people to email him. What he is so desperate for with getting someones eail is beyond me. BEWARE!
MadAss

Lehigh Acres, FL

#38 Jan 17, 2009
fltom wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely! I still beieve the Superbowl was more Kiffins success than Chuckies!
More words of wisdom from FL(transplant)Tom the Marine wannabee who is afraid of "little ol' me". Anyway ya cut it boy.......You're SCARED! I'll be moving to DeBary in March. Perhaps you and I can get together and slap ham before I leave for Holland in June. Of course you'll have to grow a set and email me first. Did I hear you say you are the original San Diego Chicken?

“FL for Harley FL not Floriduh”

Since: Jul 08

Lake Mary

#39 Jan 17, 2009
SIGN OF THE TIMES wrote:
Jon Gruden was fired so the Bucs could bring in an African American (token coach). It is all a sign of the times. This will make people stop whining a little about there not being many black coaches in the NFL.
I don't mean to ruffle any feathers here. I am just calling it like it is. I will still root for the Bucs and I hope this new coach does a good job.
But why else would anyone hire someone who is 32 years old and has no head coaching experience on this level ?
Another thing to ponder here is the timing of it all. Martin Luther King Jr. day is coming up in a couple of days. This will look good for the Bucs orginiztion in the eyes of minorities everywhere.
Please, once again don't get me wrong here people. If this were a coach, black or white, who had atleast a little head coaching experience then you could halfway understand the hiring. But in my opinion this appears to be nothing more than political correctness at it's very best..or worst.
I eriously doubt that! Morris has been groomed by Monte Kiffin and is well like by the Team. Gruden is a very verbally abusive coach and hasleft the Defense entirely up to Kiffin and Morris since he has been there. If you talk to any Offensive team members they are not big on Gruden and Allen. Once Kiffin left Gruden was in trouble. He personally selected Morris for Kiffins replacement and the Glazers felt a Defensive mind would best suit the team.
MadAss

Lehigh Acres, FL

#40 Jan 17, 2009
fltom wrote:
<quoted text>Watch this jerk! He posts under multiple names baiting people to email him. What he is so desperate for with getting someones eail is beyond me. BEWARE!
I'm not interested in getting anyone's email. YOU ISSUED ME A CHALLENGE, I took you up on it and YOU FLIPPED when you realized that I was willing to give you a chance to back up your big mouth so don't go around trying mitigate your responsibility in this. YOU STARTED IT.......I'M WILLING TO FINISH IT but all you do is run your mouth. It's obvious to everyone that you are a CANDY-A$$! I gave you my email address......you just don't have the balls to man-up. Nothing more needs to be said.
MadAss

Lehigh Acres, FL

#41 Jan 17, 2009
fltom wrote:
<quoted text>I eriously doubt that! Morris has been groomed by Monte Kiffin and is well like by the Team. Gruden is a very verbally abusive coach and hasleft the Defense entirely up to Kiffin and Morris since he has been there. If you talk to any Offensive team members they are not big on Gruden and Allen. Once Kiffin left Gruden was in trouble. He personally selected Morris for Kiffins replacement and the Glazers felt a Defensive mind would best suit the team.
"I eriously doubt that!"
Enquiring minds want to know.......WHAT THE HELL DOES ERIOUSLY MEAN? Or is that just another one of you genetic mistakes?

“FL for Harley FL not Floriduh”

Since: Jul 08

Lake Mary

#42 Jan 17, 2009
MadAss wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interested in getting anyone's email. YOU ISSUED ME A CHALLENGE, I took you up on it and YOU FLIPPED when you realized that I was willing to give you a chance to back up your big mouth so don't go around trying mitigate your responsibility in this. YOU STARTED IT.......I'M WILLING TO FINISH IT but all you do is run your mouth. It's obvious to everyone that you are a CANDY-****! I gave you my email address......you just don't have the balls to man-up. Nothing more needs to be said.
I issued you a challenge? what a whack! Youve done this to others. You jumped in a discussion I was having with someone else with your racist BS and challenged me to email you, as you have with others, how many names are you under? Mad A $$, scrapiron, how many others? Tell everyone what your game is , coward. Go away jerk O ff, by the way I was a boy when I was your age, you draftee phony!

“FL for Harley FL not Floriduh”

Since: Jul 08

Lake Mary

#43 Jan 17, 2009
MadAss wrote:
<quoted text>
More words of wisdom from FL(transplant)Tom the Marine wannabee who is afraid of "little ol' me". Anyway ya cut it boy.......You're SCARED! I'll be moving to DeBary in March. Perhaps you and I can get together and slap ham before I leave for Holland in June. Of course you'll have to grow a set and email me first. Did I hear you say you are the original San Diego Chicken?
Going to Holland Huh! dont forget your Clogs Shirley. By the way what does slap ham mean? does that mean your looking for someone to take a warm shower with? Go put your nylons on.

“FL for Harley FL not Floriduh”

Since: Jul 08

Lake Mary

#44 Jan 17, 2009
MadAss wrote:
<quoted text>
"I eriously doubt that!"
Enquiring minds want to know.......WHAT THE HELL DOES ERIOUSLY MEAN? Or is that just another one of you genetic mistakes?
By the way, my S key is getting worn from talking to you Shirley! The word was seriously! Thanks for the correction Stupid!
MadAss

Lehigh Acres, FL

#45 Jan 17, 2009
[email protected]

Wasn't drafted, Punk. I enlisted. Went in through AFEES in Miami. Get an education.......Only suckers and tourists like you think Dutch people wear wooden shoes.
Slapping ham mean if you EVER get the balls to face me, you'd better have someone come with you to drive you home.
Yeah, YOU CHALLENGED ME. You dared me to say something to your face. Actually, you said I wouldn't say it to your face. Kinda hard to say ANYTHING to your face while you hide.
K Dawg

Apopka, FL

#47 Jan 17, 2009
Why didn't they just outbid Tennessee for Lane Kiffin? He at least coached a few weeks in the NFL. This Morris is an untested, unproven, unqualified nobody. Did they get scared Denver would actually hire him? They were just trying to abide by the Rooney Rule. Gruden had to go. He could not make it happen again. Joel Glazer's shot at him was, "We are looking to build a team for the long haul to compete every year." Gruden was scrambling and trying to keep his job. He fell way short, and I believe the players made sure he did. But, this hiring of Morris is a joke. I guess with super lib B.O. going in Tuesday, they thought, "Let's give our underachieving players what they want. It will end in tears.

“FL for Harley FL not Floriduh”

Since: Jul 08

Lake Mary

#48 Jan 17, 2009
MadAss wrote:
[email protected]
Wasn't drafted, Punk. I enlisted. Went in through AFEES in Miami. Get an education.......Only suckers and tourists like you think Dutch people wear wooden shoes.
Slapping ham mean if you EVER get the balls to face me, you'd better have someone come with you to drive you home.
Yeah, YOU CHALLENGED ME. You dared me to say something to your face. Actually, you said I wouldn't say it to your face. Kinda hard to say ANYTHING to your face while you hide.
You are deranged, your history of posts tells the story, you can add liar to it now, youve challenged and threatened me and others, and its documented! Go beat your wife and kids! Hopefully you have no kids, the thought of an idiot like you spreading his seed is what is frightening!
big vern

The Villages, FL

#49 Jan 17, 2009
Harleigh Kiffer wrote:
Since it is common knowledge that the Glazers are cheap you can bet that the new coach is probably working for minimum wage.
what do you call minimum wage, the nfl is not close to paying anybody minimum wage, just because they don't make millions right away does not mean that they are earning minimum wage, get a grip on reality man...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Faine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A young Schottenstein finds success with custom... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Ed Pierce 1
News Bucs' winningest coach meets demise (Jan '09) Jan '09 fltom 1
News Bucs QB Jeff Garcia could be long gone after Su... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Bucs fan in AZ 3
News Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson says Tampa B... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Lance706 83
News Jeff Garcia and first-place Buccaneers eager fo... (Dec '08) Dec '08 don from missouri 1
News Gruden changes QBs yet again: Garcia will start... (Oct '08) Oct '08 The Bean 2
News Gruden changes QBs yet again: Garcia will start... (Oct '08) Oct '08 marko 2
More from around the web