Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson sa...

Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson says Tampa Bay Buccaneers pl...

There are 83 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 11, 2008, titled Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson says Tampa Bay Buccaneers pl.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson said today that a Tampa Bay Buccaneers player tried to hurt him on Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

frozen football

Floodwood, MN

#22 Dec 12, 2008
Whats the matter,Bitter over losing Favre now? Or maybe its your W/L record? Go back to your ancestors country of Northern Iraq (COTTAGE CHEESE people, the Kurds!)
chillifries wrote:
bears win.
now lose cheaters.
oxboro

Lakeville, MN

#23 Dec 12, 2008
kfan wrote:
The Bucaneers are an easy team to hate, with an admitted '****' for a quarterback.
They will be easily dispatched in the playoffs as usual.
obviously ahvent seen the model he is dating have you?
oxboro

Lakeville, MN

#24 Dec 12, 2008
Bears win..Vikings will play sundays game with thier hands clenched around their throats
Goes Around

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Dec 12, 2008
Don't worry AP that player will get exactly what he's got coming to him.
dom

Duluth, MN

#26 Dec 12, 2008
A.D.
Be a man.
Tell your blockers to hurt the guy when you are in the hudle.
I got no room for men playing childrens games for millions of dollars and then crying about the danger.
Wah Wah Wah.
Go buy a new $100,000 necklace, maybe that will shake off the scare.
dom

Duluth, MN

#27 Dec 12, 2008
oxboro wrote:
Bears win..Vikings will play sundays game with thier hands clenched around their throats
The Viqueens will lose in thier classic choke style.
Don in Venice

Venice, FL

#28 Dec 12, 2008
Badger Fan wrote:
Oh, you mean it was the play where the football player flexed his muscles in celebration afterwards? I guess that narrows it down to one of about 93 plays during that (and every other) game.
I love watching football, but who isn't tired of all the ridiculous personal celebrations after every play? "Adrian Peterson gained 8 yards on the carry, but I gang tackled him with 3 other guys, WOOHOO, look at my freaking biceps!!!"
Imagine if other professional athetes played this way? You don't see the Wild flexing or spiking their gloves when they clear their zone. You don't see the Twins howling like idiots when they make the double play. You don't see the Timberwolves...(nix that thought -- now there's a team that truly hasn't done anything right). But you get my point. I understand that the NFL is entertainment, but I'm seeing less flexing and showboating when I watch WWE.
Great post. I agree with everything except I don't warch WWE.
Lance706

Stillwater, MN

#29 Dec 12, 2008
dom wrote:
A.D.
Be a man.
Tell your blockers to hurt the guy when you are in the hudle.
I got no room for men playing childrens games for millions of dollars and then crying about the danger.
Wah Wah Wah.
Go buy a new $100,000 necklace, maybe that will shake off the scare.
Great post and what I basicly was saying to start this thread. IT was legal so deal with it and do not whine to the media about it...
Shack in TX

Plano, TX

#30 Dec 12, 2008
With all of the fines doled out by the NFL for questionable hits, the league office has created all of this whining. These type of hits have always happened, but the complaining about them is getting worse. Why? The league will fine them if they complain loud enough. This is further proof of the wussification of America!
Deal with it on the field, not in the papers.
I think Allen saw last week how he will be treated if he continues his questionable hitting.
flipnitch

Saint Paul, MN

#31 Dec 12, 2008
It's my understanding that this comment was made in regards to a question asked in an interview. I believe the reporter asked if he ever gives second thought to his punishing running style, and he cited that play as the one thing that had him thinking.He didn't just decide to randomly throw it out there weeks after the game
Fire and Brimstone

Coolidge, AZ

#32 Dec 12, 2008
Freaking cheddar heads talking smack about the Vikings, priceless.
They have nothing to cheer for AGAIN, and more than likely will continue that tradition for decades to come.
How does it feel to s u c k after a 13-3 season?
yeee haaaw!!!

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#33 Dec 12, 2008
Could end a career wrote:
People's careers get ended like this stupid behavior, it's called poor sportsmanship, that's why there are rules.
i agree with you. there is a difference in making a good hit and trying to hurt someone.
Lance706

Stillwater, MN

#34 Dec 12, 2008
Fire and Brimstone wrote:
Freaking cheddar heads talking smack about the Vikings, priceless.
They have nothing to cheer for AGAIN, and more than likely will continue that tradition for decades to come.
How does it feel to s u c k after a 13-3 season?
yeee haaaw!!!
One has to laugh at the above statement. Ignorance speaks yet once again. While it is true that this year has not been what was expected but that is more the result of inj. and last sec loses than talent and tradition.

AGAIN ? What a TOOL statement.

2007 13-3 1st in NFC North
2008 8-8 2nd
2005 4-12
2004 10-6 1st
2003 10-6 1st
2002 12-4 1st
2001 12-4 2nd

Come again ?
I'll put the Pack record against the Vikes anyday of the week.
Joe 6-pack

Longview, WA

#35 Dec 12, 2008
Too bad those records are with Favre, who is a legendary QB that you NO LONGER HAVE. And you can't blame this season solely on injuries, because your defense was, for the most part, healthy until you lost Nick Barnett and AJ Hawk and Poppinga were revealed to be overrated players.

And I hate to break it to you, but last second losses? Good teams don't even give other teams that chance, and on the off chance they do, they don't let them win.
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#36 Dec 12, 2008
Not surprsing at all.....frankly I am surprised he hasn't been injured to this point as I know he is running with a bulls eye on his jersey...
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#37 Dec 12, 2008
Don in Venice wrote:
<quoted text> Great post. I agree with everything except I don't warch WWE.
EVERY player who does that should be flagged, period. You are correct all the way...can you imagine a player showboating after scoring a touchdown years ago against, say Allan Page..that player would have been injured for the season the next time he set foot on the field guaranteed....yes, they are getting paid millions to make a friggin tackle so they go nuts and show off, it is sick and should be banned, end of story....

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#38 Dec 12, 2008
Joe 6-pack wrote:
Too bad those records are with Favre, who is a legendary QB that you NO LONGER HAVE. And you can't blame this season solely on injuries, because your defense was, for the most part, healthy until you lost Nick Barnett and AJ Hawk and Poppinga were revealed to be overrated players.
And I hate to break it to you, but last second losses? Good teams don't even give other teams that chance, and on the off chance they do, they don't let them win.
i dont think that a.j. hawk is overrated but poppinga is overrated.
TGP

Ottawa, Canada

#39 Dec 12, 2008
Lance706 wrote:
<quoted text>
One has to laugh at the above statement. Ignorance speaks yet once again. While it is true that this year has not been what was expected but that is more the result of inj. and last sec loses than talent and tradition.
AGAIN ? What a TOOL statement.
2007 13-3 1st in NFC North
2008 8-8 2nd
2005 4-12
2004 10-6 1st
2003 10-6 1st
2002 12-4 1st
2001 12-4 2nd
Come again ?
I'll put the Pack record against the Vikes anyday of the week.
Tell you what, lets start with this week Vikes 7-5, Pukes 5-7 it's called what have you done LATELY. Crawl back in your hole.
Greg from Louisiana

United States

#40 Dec 12, 2008
This has been going on since the game began. It used to be a staple of the game, put their best player on the bench. Of course they prefer to put him on the bench only for that game but if it is longer, they really don't care.

The NFL has been trying to stamp it out since players became stars and salaries increased. But only because it affects the NFL's bottom line if star players are out.

I am glad AD finally realized it. It is better than it used to be but clearly still exists.
Lance706

Stillwater, MN

#41 Dec 12, 2008
Joe 6-pack wrote:
The FACTS that you may not be aware if is that AR is having a much better year than BF.

TD's.. AR 22 BF 20
Yards.. AR 3192 BF 2845
YPG ...AR 245 BF 218
INT's AR 11 BF 15
QB rating AR 92.1 BF 88.2

To somewhat agree the Def was playing ok til the Inj started stacking up. http://www.packers.com/team/injury_list/

TO BREAK IT TO YOU...Some years you stay healthy and win those games at the bell and some years you do not. That's life in the NFL but for him to re write history and even use the word AGAIN is simply foolish on his part and I had to call him on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Faine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A young Schottenstein finds success with custom... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Ed Pierce 1
News Bucs' winningest coach meets demise (Jan '09) Jan '09 fltom 1
News Raheem Morris makes whirlwind ascension to Bucs... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Procurator 47
News Bucs QB Jeff Garcia could be long gone after Su... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Bucs fan in AZ 3
News Jeff Garcia and first-place Buccaneers eager fo... (Dec '08) Dec '08 don from missouri 1
News Gruden changes QBs yet again: Garcia will start... (Oct '08) Oct '08 The Bean 2
News Gruden changes QBs yet again: Garcia will start... (Oct '08) Oct '08 marko 2
More from around the web