Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson says Tampa Bay Buccaneers pl...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson said today that a Tampa Bay Buccaneers player tried to hurt him on Nov.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of83
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lance706

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

Why bring this up at this time ? What is the use and logic behind it ?

IT's a collision sport so if you do not want to play it then go away AP.

( Like the Vikings have never had a player hit another teams player while engaged.)
Reggie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

Welcome to the NFL -- If you don't like how the other team plays, the best defense is to make sure they lose the game. Rushing for only 80 yards isn't going to help much.

Since: Jun 08

Oronoco, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

If someone tried to take you guys out, wouldn't you want to speak out against it?
Fire and Brimstone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

AD sometimes stays up too long after being gang tackled, so I would suggest going down when there is no more yardage to gain. Many of the great backs used this method to extend their careers, so AD should employ it so we can enjoy him for years to come.
Who cares about tampon bay anyway?
larry

Scandia, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

cry me a river if you want sympathy go look in the dictionary
Clancy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

Lance706 wrote:
Why bring this up at this time ? What is the use and logic behind it ?
IT's a collision sport so if you do not want to play it then go away AP.
( Like the Vikings have never had a player hit another teams player while engaged.)
What is your philosophy? Don't complain,don't get angry, just take it like a man? Or, don't get mad, get even?
Maybe we should have robots playing. We could always put a new leg on them. Just keep a bunch of spare parts around.
Could end a career

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

People's careers get ended like this stupid behavior, it's called poor sportsmanship, that's why there are rules.
Obviously he was asked

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

I'm sure Adrian didn't call the pioneer press to tell them this, it's obvious he was asked about it at some point during a conversation and now pioneer press is making a headline out of it.
Lance706

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

Clancy wrote:
<quoted text>What is your philosophy? Don't complain,don't get angry, just take it like a man? Or, don't get mad, get even?
Maybe we should have robots playing. We could always put a new leg on them. Just keep a bunch of spare parts around.
I'd say that one should accept the obvious and not complain about the nature of the game you chose to play. If you feel the need to get even do it on the field not the print and using 50-59. A bit classless in my opinion.( I'm not saying but I'm just saying 50) Give me a break.
Lance706

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

Obviously he was asked wrote:
I'm sure Adrian didn't call the pioneer press to tell them this, it's obvious he was asked about it at some point during a conversation and now pioneer press is making a headline out of it.
I accept that he did not call the paper and say " Print this ". There is no need to when the beat reporters are in your locker room every day.

I do not accept that IT'S OBVIOUS he was asked.
What can you base that assumption
on ?
Lance706

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

Could end a career wrote:
People's careers get ended like this stupid behavior, it's called poor sportsmanship, that's why there are rules.
I only contend that it happens on every team, YOUR Vikings included. And why I say it is the nature of the game. Was it legal ? YES...Necessary, Prob not. Just like JA's hit on Schaub's knees.
ChopBlock

Walker, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

If it was a cheap shot, the league should be notified, and the player fined. Otherwise it's a non-story......end of story!
Badger Fan

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

Oh, you mean it was the play where the football player flexed his muscles in celebration afterwards? I guess that narrows it down to one of about 93 plays during that (and every other) game.

I love watching football, but who isn't tired of all the ridiculous personal celebrations after every play? "Adrian Peterson gained 8 yards on the carry, but I gang tackled him with 3 other guys, WOOHOO, look at my freaking biceps!!!"

Imagine if other professional athetes played this way? You don't see the Wild flexing or spiking their gloves when they clear their zone. You don't see the Twins howling like idiots when they make the double play. You don't see the Timberwolves...(nix that thought -- now there's a team that truly hasn't done anything right). But you get my point. I understand that the NFL is entertainment, but I'm seeing less flexing and showboating when I watch WWE.
ZygiZag

Ghent, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

I am glad AD has noticed. I have long been an advocate for him to get out of bounds if there are 2-3 guys waiting to clobber him. If there is one guy, juke, stiff-arm, or run over and get more yardage. 2-5 guys holding you up and there is nothing more to gain. Go down. Cuts down on the fumbles too. AD "live long and prosper" on the field my man. Robinson often ran out of bounds and the great Payton too was also seen running out of bounds now and then. "You got to know when to fold-em." As for the guys who say AD is not tough enough, the guy is a GREAT RUNNING BACK and if he has a long career he could go down as one of the best.
chillifries

River Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

bears win.
now lose cheaters.
Cheese Doodler

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

chillifries wrote:
bears win.
now lose cheaters.
Nice analysis. Now turn off your computer and go back to your coloring book.
kfan

Neenah, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

The Bucaneers are an easy team to hate, with an admitted 'homo' for a quarterback.

They will be easily dispatched in the playoffs as usual.
Richard Pederson

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

Judged:

Cheese Doodler wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice analysis. Now turn off your computer and go back to your coloring book.
yea go doodle in your cheese
James Bennett

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

WHen dirty players make cheap shots the only realistic way to save the league from these guys is to take them out instead. This TB player needs to have his knees taken out with a cheao shot. It is better to take the cheap shot artist out before he hurts other players.
Joe

International Falls, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

Remember what the Sapp did to the Packer player Chilton (or something like that) a few years ago? Put him out and almost ended his career with a cheap shot. Only a cheese doddler would approve of that. Tells you he never played a down of anything close to one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of83
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jeff Faine Discussions

Search the Jeff Faine Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
A young Schottenstein finds success with custom... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Ed Pierce 1
Bucs' winningest coach meets demise (Jan '09) Jan '09 fltom 1
Raheem Morris makes whirlwind ascension to Bucs... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Procurator 47
Bucs QB Jeff Garcia could be long gone after Su... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Bucs fan in AZ 3
Jeff Garcia and first-place Buccaneers eager fo... (Dec '08) Dec '08 don from missouri 1
Gruden changes QBs yet again: Garcia will start... (Oct '08) Oct '08 The Bean 2
Gruden changes QBs yet again: Garcia will start... (Oct '08) Oct '08 marko 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••