Questions for USC football team linge...

Questions for USC football team linger all around

There are 19 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Apr 21, 2008, titled Questions for USC football team linger all around. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

As USC concluded spring practice Saturday, Coach Pete Carroll could not help but gush over the play of his quarterbacks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Tod M

Redlands, CA

#1 Apr 21, 2008
Christ Mr. Wolf,

Are you a sports reporter or a tabloid reporter?

Did you attend the scrimmage? Mitch looked lost and slow in the pocket. I think Corp will overtake him in the near future. How can he challenge Mark, if he can't keep Aaron from taking second place?

The line is a problem, but it's all relative.
ftiscar

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Apr 21, 2008
is the problems with the o-line and d-lines a lack of experience or a lack of talent and who are the up and comers of the lineman?

“Get 'em Lou!!”

Since: Dec 06

Pasadena

#3 Apr 21, 2008
gallipo and griffin are the two up-and-comers on D that worry me the most.

I also see a ton of question marks for a team that some are saying is the #1 preseason team.
osukyle15

United States

#4 Apr 22, 2008
so you are saying yall are not that strong up front eh? well as you can tell I am a buckeye. proud student and fan. just want to stop in and see what the cali boys are thinking of the game. sept 13th will be here before we know it!(lets hope) how do you think you guys will be that soon in the season?

I can tell you that we didnt look that great as far as our qb's go. todd will be ok when he gets into the groove, henton well look for him to transfer out, and the other guy has got a cannon! that is bout all just the long ball. and pryor who knows he is not here yet. we expect big things from him but who knows. I think he is going to be a handfull and do more harm than good really. well at least till jim gets ahold of him and whips him into shape!

you may be thinking who is going to fill in for gholsten? well he was a backup ;) thats right he was not ment to be the stud. that guy broke his leg in the first game. and well he is back and strong as ever :)

what I am trying to say is we are built like a shit brick house at all spots but the qb spot is ehhhhh.

so lets here what you guys think of the game! I think it will be a GREAT game lots of big hits and it will be very very close! but I got to go with my boys in the end!
GO BUCKS
West coaster

Cerritos, CA

#5 Apr 22, 2008
osukyle15 wrote:
so you are saying yall are not that strong up front eh? well as you can tell I am a buckeye. proud student and fan. just want to stop in and see what the cali boys are thinking of the game. sept 13th will be here before we know it!(lets hope) how do you think you guys will be that soon in the season?
I can tell you that we didnt look that great as far as our qb's go. todd will be ok when he gets into the groove, henton well look for him to transfer out, and the other guy has got a cannon! that is bout all just the long ball. and pryor who knows he is not here yet. we expect big things from him but who knows. I think he is going to be a handfull and do more harm than good really. well at least till jim gets ahold of him and whips him into shape!
you may be thinking who is going to fill in for gholsten? well he was a backup ;) thats right he was not ment to be the stud. that guy broke his leg in the first game. and well he is back and strong as ever :)
what I am trying to say is we are built like a shit brick house at all spots but the qb spot is ehhhhh.
so lets here what you guys think of the game! I think it will be a GREAT game lots of big hits and it will be very very close! but I got to go with my boys in the end!
GO BUCKS
Oh really? Nobody was wondering and nobody cares.
DAVID

Van Nuys, CA

#6 Apr 22, 2008
West Coaster, have some class and be cool to our 'Buck fan from Ohio, they'll be spending money here and they deserve respect...

And their fans will be giving USC a standing ovation at the end of the game, for thoroughly demonstrating excellent coaching that takes a young O-line and transcends them into future NFL draft pix...

The all-star-blessed-at-birth-trac k-star/football studs at USC are going to shock & awe America that day. The receivers will be running precise routes and making clutch catches. The 'SC QB depth is impressive with Mustain & Corp -- each of whom would be starting anywhere else...

Ohio State always plays well against non-sec teams so we'll see a great first half. However I see the 2nd half adjustments by Carroll / Sark and the ferocious hits by Mauluga as being too much for the Ohio St. QB's...

Those are my thoughts. Thank you and will you please pass that beer over here.
Azul32

Compton, CA

#7 Apr 22, 2008
osukyle15 wrote:
GO BUCKS
god you are so homo-erotic... its not even funny..

stay in ohio.....
SC Fan

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Apr 22, 2008
The USC D will be top 10 at a minimum.
Our passing game is BACK - Sanchez is awesome and we are loaded with every type of WR you could WANT - the speed burners, the big guys, you name it. Sorry Ohio State, but our passing game will open up the running lanes and you will be hurting a LONG time after what will be put on you...
see OKLAHOMA after the last time they played us.

Good luck Ohio St fans.
A dark storm is brewing.
USC knucklehead

Memphis, TN

#9 Apr 22, 2008
osukyle15 wrote:
GO BUCKS
Well, you (Ohio) does have some very big, and physical players up front, but, you have to give SC the edge with it's speed. It's going to come down to who can get to the corners. Whomever can do that late in the game will be the winner. I say it's 21-7 USC.
USC knucklehead

Memphis, TN

#10 Apr 22, 2008
DAVID wrote:
West Coaster, have some class and be cool to our 'Buck fan from Ohio, they'll be spending money here and they deserve respect...
And their fans will be giving USC a standing ovation at the end of the game, for thoroughly demonstrating excellent coaching that takes a young O-line and transcends them into future NFL draft pix...
The all-star-blessed-at-birth-trac k-star/football studs at USC are going to shock & awe America that day. The receivers will be running precise routes and making clutch catches. The 'SC QB depth is impressive with Mustain & Corp -- each of whom would be starting anywhere else...
Ohio State always plays well against non-sec teams so we'll see a great first half. However I see the 2nd half adjustments by Carroll / Sark and the ferocious hits by Mauluga as being too much for the Ohio St. QB's...
Those are my thoughts. Thank you and will you please pass that beer over here.
David, here's your beer. I like the way you think. We all know Ohio has a huge line, but they're going to get really tired after trying to keep USC's speed off the quarterback for the first half. BLITZ, BLITZ, and BLITZ again.
trojan_jarhead

Eliot, ME

#11 Apr 22, 2008
It all starts in the trenches. If we can't execute there, who cares what type of stars we have and the number of them. The Ohio State game will tell us quite a bit.
Bruins Are BAD

Redondo Beach, CA

#12 Apr 22, 2008
It should a good game, I am looking forward to it! Weather experts predict it to be in the 90's.
Mike in RSM

United States

#13 Apr 22, 2008
Sheesh, could you be any tougher on USC. It's spring practice, and if you've read or heard any of Pete Carroll's comments over the past month, the team has come together quite nicely. Try something positive, like Damian Williams shining at WR, or Maualuga and Cushing and Galippo dominating at LB, or Allan Bradford ringing up long TD run after long TD run. Give us readers something exciting to think about as we wait these four long months till the season opener.

“Get 'em Lou!!”

Since: Dec 06

Pasadena

#14 Apr 22, 2008
SC Fan wrote:
The USC D will be top 10 at a minimum.
Our passing game is BACK - Sanchez is awesome and we are loaded with every type of WR you could WANT - the speed burners, the big guys, you name it. Sorry Ohio State, but our passing game will open up the running lanes and you will be hurting a LONG time after what will be put on you...
see OKLAHOMA after the last time they played us.
Good luck Ohio St fans.

A dark storm is brewing.
The D will probably be #1 before it's all said and done, but you still don't have a #1 WR,#1 back, a very young O-line, and a brand new QB.

Those are a ton of questions on offense. The talent is there, but will it emerge. Time will tell.
osukyle15

United States

#15 Apr 24, 2008
thanks dave. the rest of you wow i was being nice but damn. i will be at the game and i hope you show more respect. I will show respect when you come to columbus. in the end it will be a good game. just for the love of god stop with the "speed" bs. cuz that is a huge load of crap. we got some big boys but they are not slow. so lets just put that one to rest. good luck to your young line cuz they are going to get run the fuck over by beanie!
Florida Buckeye

Orlando, FL

#16 Apr 24, 2008
I would not want to be a Trojan when the Bukeyes march into LA. Go Bucks!
papi

Honolulu, HI

#18 Apr 24, 2008
Ill go with mb dude on this one.im a Husky guy but if you can't admit USC is cream of the crop then your nuts. note: with the exception of a Jake Locker lead Husky team USC by all means is still the team to beat. i dont care what he scout report said. Is there anyone else in the country who is coming back? Oklahoma?nah. Florida? the overated Tebow, and this is another topic but can you honestly tell me that a 2 or 3 loss quarterback even deserve to get a heisman t-shirt? anyways thanks for letting me vent .
osukyle15

United States

#19 Apr 25, 2008
the pac 10? I hope that was a joke. who does the pac 10 have? the big 10 is down but at least we have more than 1 team worth something! it will be a good game. we lose to the sec I will give you that, and only that. the pac 10 is a waste of space. usc needs to get out and play someone with tallent!
Sharon

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Sep 13, 2008
When did USC football stop putting names on the jerseys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Byers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Checking injuries that matter most (Dec '12) Dec '12 Buster 2
News USC quarterback Barkley working on his followth... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jack 4
News SHELBURNE: USC-Notre Dame rivalry should be bac... (Oct '09) Oct '09 CLAMPERMIKE 14
News Offensive linemen blame themselves for Trojans'... (Oct '09) Oct '09 mondo 1
News USC coach Carroll's 'Win Forever' formula getti... (Sep '09) Sep '09 manhattan_beach_dude 31
News USC FOOTBALL NOTES: Carroll reminded that Barkl... (Aug '09) Aug '09 uncle_vito 2
News Matt Barkley could be in line to start for Trojans (Aug '09) Aug '09 southakron 2
More from around the web