Lions linger over future

Jan 2, 2008 Full story: Detroit News

“The consistency wasn't there. "I look first at myself, and the coaches and players. To have a six-game losing streak, when every one of those games were vital to stay in the playoff hunt -- we failed.”

Resolving Mike Martz's status as offensive coordinator is just one of the issues facing coach Rod Marinelli as he moves past the disappointment of 2007 and prepares for 2008. via Detroit News

Full Story
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#1 Jan 2, 2008
Been a Lions fan for 30+ years but really wonder how much more I can take, this team seems to change direction and philosophy every couple of years, it has no direction and I guess that falls at Millen's feet. Where's the future? Kitna isn't it, he's been adequate but he's not the future, and guess what? They are finally getting the Tampa Two defense down, problem is it's a little too late, teams are learning how to plan against it. We went through this with the west coast offense a few years back, implementing it just as defenses were learning how to play against it. We need some forward thinking or we will be screwed for another decade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Backus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What in the World Is Going on with the Minnesot... (Sep '13) Sep '13 erie-vike fan 1
Four Downs recap: Detroit Lions give up five sa... (Sep '12) Oct '12 Lionfart 3
Detroit Lions vs. San Francisco 49ers Preview: ... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Anonymous 3
Detroit Lions regain services of Jeff Backus, T... (Aug '11) Sep '11 Restorefarts 3
Lions CB Alphonso Smith sidelined with broken foot (Jul '11) Aug '11 phatso 2
LinkedIn's IPO priced at $45 a share (May '11) May '11 Robert Gutierrez 1
USC's Tyron Smith visits Lions in advance of NF... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web