Lions Can Trace Futility to NFL Drafts

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Detroit Lions have lost 75 percent of their games since Matt Millen began running the franchise, in large part because nearly half of his first-round picks have been busts.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Millen Dollar Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2007

I find it ironic that a South florida paper has the nerve to be critical of a team on the way up when their own hometown team is the joke of the league. Say what you will about matt millen but he did not trade #2 picks for AJ Feeley and a crippled Dante Culpepper. He also did not trade two #1 picks for Rickey the Bong Williams. As a Lions fan I know my team is in capable hands unlike your beloved Dolphins. Oh by the way we have your # 5 for Joey I'm not on the team anymore Harrington. HA HA HA Chumpeys!!!
Mario Carrier

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

We're still searching for why? It starts with Lions' inability to recognize talent. Charles Rogers, Joey Harrington, Jeff Backus, Kalimba Edwards and the list goes on. What speaks the loudest is when we sign Backus and Edwards to long term deals. If Millen is ultimately responsible for talent, then he needs to take the fall for it.

“Huh?”

Since: Jan 08

Germantown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

Judged:

I am a Detroit Lions fan!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jeff Backus Discussions

Search the Jeff Backus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What in the World Is Going on with the Minnesot... (Sep '13) Sep '13 erie-vike fan 1
Four Downs recap: Detroit Lions give up five sa... (Sep '12) Oct '12 Lionfart 3
Detroit Lions vs. San Francisco 49ers Preview: ... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Anonymous 3
Detroit Lions regain services of Jeff Backus, T... (Aug '11) Sep '11 Restorefarts 3
Lions CB Alphonso Smith sidelined with broken foot (Jul '11) Aug '11 phatso 2
LinkedIn's IPO priced at $45 a share (May '11) May '11 Robert Gutierrez 1
USC's Tyron Smith visits Lions in advance of NF... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••