It's a 1st: Notre Dame (0-4)

It's a 1st: Notre Dame (0-4)

There are 63 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 23, 2007, titled It's a 1st: Notre Dame (0-4). In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

One streak came to an end. Another streak -- a much more important one -- carries on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mark may

AOL

#1 Sep 23, 2007
maybe it's not the offense. the defense has given up at least 31 points in each game.

Since: Aug 07

Aurora, IL

#2 Sep 23, 2007
There were some positive signs yesterday. ND appeared to play hard. That's the first time this year. It makes you wonder if Mr. Weis has finally decided that there is a difference between the NFL and college. The kids blocked and tackled better.
Is Clausen's arm healthy. If it is then there is a big problem. He has no zip on his throws. Clausen also appears to be a little spoiled. He facial expressions seem to indicate that everything is someone elses fault.
This in not a bash post, just observations.
indysince50

Kansas City, MO

#3 Sep 23, 2007
Looks like a perfect record to me.

The question is can ND beat anybody, and the answer is probably not.

"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

Proverbs 16:18
John

Middle River, MD

#5 Sep 23, 2007
This may be the greatest collegiate football season ever for me.
Irish Fan

AOL

#7 Sep 23, 2007
My guess is the Irish offense is the main problem. The defense is on the field most of the game, and when they eventually get tired, the other team begins to score often.
Clausen was in high school three months ago, and he doesn't look ready for prime time.
Now is the time for Irish loyalty!
Northsidezebra

United States

#8 Sep 23, 2007
For Tim Prister: the trick play is a feigned muff, not a fumble. A fumble occurs after a player possesses a live ball.
blackhawk

United States

#9 Sep 23, 2007
lets just hope that they lose the next one. they looked pretty bad against the spartans, but definitely improved over the earlier efforts.
remember the old term 'spoilermakers'? just wait until usc to use your version of that ok?

looking forward to the next game!!!!
eric

Carmel, IN

#10 Sep 23, 2007
the ND alums who ran willingham out of town should now do the decent thing and reimburse ND for the cost of firing weis.
ND Fan

Nashville, TN

#11 Sep 23, 2007
It was encouraging to see the Irish actually putting up a fight in the first half. I would keep the physical practices going this week since it did actually seem to help the team improve a little. A bigger worry than the team's lack of physical play has to be the kids' confidence level. With the Irish likely starting 0-8 (unless one of the next four teams gets walking pneumonia) they might lose one of the next series of games that coming into this season looked like sure victories. Good luck to the Irish this week!!! There are still plenty of real Irish fans out there willing to support you!
TODD

Fort Myers, FL

#12 Sep 23, 2007
IT IS AWESOME THAT THE ONLY TEAM WITH A NATIONAL TELEVISION CONTRACT WILL NOW HAVE ITS WORST SEASON IN HISTORY BROADCAST TO EVERYONE IN THE GOOD 'OL USA...I LOVE IT!!!

I HOPE THE HOOSIERS CAN SCHEDULE ND SOON!!!
Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Sep 23, 2007
eric wrote:
the ND alums who ran willingham out of town should now do the decent thing and reimburse ND for the cost of firing weis.
If ND loses their next 5,000 games in a row, I am glad that Ty W. is gone.
Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Sep 23, 2007
TODD wrote:
IT IS AWESOME THAT THE ONLY TEAM WITH A NATIONAL TELEVISION CONTRACT WILL NOW HAVE ITS WORST SEASON IN HISTORY BROADCAST TO EVERYONE IN THE GOOD 'OL USA...I LOVE IT!!!
I HOPE THE HOOSIERS CAN SCHEDULE ND SOON!!!
ND is the worst team in the country! Not surprised that a Hoosier fan would want to play them. That is the ONLY kind of team the Hoosiers ever beat. I was surprised that the goal post survived IU's Big Win over Indiana State.
lincoln

Covington, KY

#16 Sep 23, 2007
The 0-4 record is because Notre Dame University is sueing Cathedral HS in Indianapolis over the use of the Leprechaun image. What a poor thing to do to a little sister institution that looked up to Notre Dame. Pagens call this "bad karma". And you can't fight over or lay claim to an Irish Leprechaun. This lawsuit has nullified the "Luck of the Irish" and replaced it with "Murphy's Law".
eric

Carmel, IN

#17 Sep 23, 2007
Indy wrote:
<quoted text>If ND loses their next 5,000 games in a row, I am glad that Ty W. is gone.
really ? that does not seem sensible. but look forward to your explanation.

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in SoCal

#19 Sep 23, 2007
eric wrote:
What a bad investment that was LOL~!

Somewhere in SoCal

#20 Sep 23, 2007
Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
ND is the worst team in the country! Not surprised that a Hoosier fan would want to play them. That is the ONLY kind of team the Hoosiers ever beat. I was surprised that the goal post survived IU's Big Win over Indiana State.
Oh my....Sake's alive, is Notre Dame going to be 0-5? I like the sound of that~!

Well at least IU is winning, by the way how do you like your weekly dose of HUMBLE PIE? is it TASTY?

I suggest heating it up with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream that way it will go down easier.

By the way Notre Dame fans are on target to get 12 helpings this season alone LOL~!

Notre Dame will be PURDUE'S next VICTIM and the next serving of humble pie LOL~!

Somewhere in SoCal

#21 Sep 23, 2007
slipperyrock wrote:
There were some positive signs yesterday. ND appeared to play hard. That's the first time this year. It makes you wonder if Mr. Weis has finally decided that there is a difference between the NFL and college. The kids blocked and tackled better.
Is Clausen's arm healthy. If it is then there is a big problem. He has no zip on his throws. Clausen also appears to be a little spoiled. He facial expressions seem to indicate that everything is someone elses fault.
This in not a bash post, just observations.
Well just maybe if Oaks Christian played real high schools when Jimmy was quarterbacking there program to 46 strait victories and never getting touched along the way.

Watching him play in CIF DIV X opposed to DIV I or DIV II it was obvious that when he got to college he was going to be in for a rude awakening.

And the other shoe finally dropped for this kid and his family LOL~! How funny is it every time Jimmy got sacked against Michigan the TV Camera's panned the Clausen family and Jimmy's Mom's mouth was wide open in disbelief?

You just know that she is telling herself "this never happened at Oaks Christian LOL~!"

By the way,how many times has the Pickle
boy been sacked YTD? what like 20 times????
Ruari

AOL

#22 Sep 23, 2007
lincoln wrote:
The 0-4 record is because Notre Dame University is sueing Cathedral HS in Indianapolis over the use of the Leprechaun image. What a poor thing to do to a little sister institution that looked up to Notre Dame. Pagens call this "bad karma". And you can't fight over or lay claim to an Irish Leprechaun. This lawsuit has nullified the "Luck of the Irish" and replaced it with "Murphy's Law".
Don't confuse the former Ladywood Academy with the actual Cathedral High School, which was operated by the Brothers of the Holy Cross and located at 1416 N. Meridan Street.

Somewhere in SoCal

#23 Sep 23, 2007
lincoln wrote:
Hey this is typical Notre Shame for you...always alienating and pushing people away.

Maybe they should read the book "How to Win Friends & Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.

This should be a mandatory read and requirement for every Student to graduate and every employee at the University,especially the Administration.
Charlie Brown

Jamaica, NY

#24 Sep 23, 2007
This is Insane!!! Some people, ND fans, have the guts to say that this current state of affairs is in any way the fault of Ty Willingham?

Hmmmm...I just didn't realize that Ty took over the No. 1 program in AMERICA instead of a program that had faced national disgrace as a result of a lying dishontest head coach... Good Grief

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Javon Ringer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee Titans' Darius Reynaud glad to have s... (Aug '12) Aug '12 ronald smith 1
News Titans place RB Johnson on did not report list (Aug '11) Sep '11 Devisivefarts 4
News NFL Rumors: Tennessee Titans Must Show Chris Jo... (Aug '11) Aug '11 CHRIS ODOM 1
News Johnson runs for 142; Titans rout Raiders 38-13 (Sep '10) Sep '10 Laughing 2
News Forecasting the Big Ten | BuckeyeXtra (Aug '10) Aug '10 OhioWolverine Marion 7
News Five Reasons Chris Johnson's Holdout Will Last ... (May '10) Jul '10 CC Twin Falls 3
News What The Offseason Did To The Running-Back-By-C... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 3
More from around the web