Jamie Samuelsen's Blog: Msu's Ringer ...

Jamie Samuelsen's Blog: Msu's Ringer is close, but not quite Heisman material

There are 1 comment on the Freep.com - RSS story from Nov 7, 2008, titled Jamie Samuelsen's Blog: Msu's Ringer is close, but not quite Heisman material. In it, Freep.com - RSS reports that:

Javon Ringer may not have the 'Heisman moment' that other candidates have, but should he at least get an invite to the Downtown Athletic Club as a Heisman finalist? There was a similar question asked back in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Freep.com - RSS.

Mike Wiliams

Lexington, SC

#1 Nov 7, 2008
Javon Ringer defines sportsmanship and humility in the world of college football that too frequently misses the character of what collegiate sports should be all about. He is the definition of dedication and commitment to his team and Spartan fans from all walks of life - a credit to his parents upbringing and a role model for the youth of today. I am a proud parent and proud Spartan graduate and if there were more Javon Ringer's in this world, not only would college sports be blessed, but the world in general. I have no Heisman ballot to cast, but rest assured if I had a vote mine would be for Javon not only based on his "iron-man" performance, but mostly based on his character. He embodies the definition of "the most valuable player" in college football this year. God bless Javon and the Spartans as they prepare to finish the season, look forward to a well-deserved bowl game, and to the journey ahead in Javon's football career. Whoever drafts Javon to play on Sundays will be blessed in ways that can't be defined by stats alone. They will be able to embrace a person of character and humility - one who let's his performance speak for itself while giving praise to everyone else around him. Javon Ringer's do not come around often; I am greatful to be able to say for generations to come that he is a Spartan who lived his life right and has set a standard for all others to emulate. Thank you Javon - you reinforce the faith I have in living life the right way. Win or Lose, you should be a winner in everybodies eyes !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Javon Ringer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee Titans' Darius Reynaud glad to have s... (Aug '12) Aug '12 ronald smith 1
News Titans place RB Johnson on did not report list (Aug '11) Sep '11 Devisivefarts 4
News NFL Rumors: Tennessee Titans Must Show Chris Jo... (Aug '11) Aug '11 CHRIS ODOM 1
News Johnson runs for 142; Titans rout Raiders 38-13 (Sep '10) Sep '10 Laughing 2
News Forecasting the Big Ten | BuckeyeXtra (Aug '10) Aug '10 OhioWolverine Marion 7
News Five Reasons Chris Johnson's Holdout Will Last ... (May '10) Jul '10 CC Twin Falls 3
News What The Offseason Did To The Running-Back-By-C... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 3
More from around the web