USC's Star Player Likely Out for Year with ACL Injury

Sep 24, 2007 Read more: WLTX Columbia 36
Brinkley received the injury in the first quarter of their matchup against Louisiana State University last Saturday. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Elliott

Sacramento, CA

#27 Sep 24, 2007
Stupid headline -- USC star player hurt -- I thought it was about the #1 USC, the one in California, not the (cough, cough)#16 USC in the SEC (and who is likely to fall faster out of the Top 25 faster than a meteorite). Hmmm... which USC? How can we stop this confusion?

I know. The team with the most championships and Heismann trophies gets to use capital letters, like this: U S C. The team with the history of most losses goes by lower case letters, like this: u s c.

USC Trojans. usc gamecocks. Looks right to me.
fredricka

Columbia, SC

#28 Sep 24, 2007
Mister Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot and probably a Clemsux fan. The injury was not properly diagnosed until JB returned to Columbia.
you are a carolinux fan . no talent 2 quarter players
Chees

United States

#29 Sep 25, 2007
Another ignorant football thread.
Mister Charlie

West Columbia, SC

#30 Sep 25, 2007
Citizen Cane wrote:
Will this be USC's excuse for probably losing the rest of the season? Hey Stevie, any excuse in a storm!
Coach doesn't make excuses, Tommy Bowden does.
Mister Charlie

West Columbia, SC

#31 Sep 25, 2007
Elliott wrote:
Stupid headline -- USC star player hurt -- I thought it was about the #1 USC, the one in California, not the (cough, cough)#16 USC in the SEC (and who is likely to fall faster out of the Top 25 faster than a meteorite). Hmmm... which USC? How can we stop this confusion?
I know. The team with the most championships and Heismann trophies gets to use capital letters, like this: U S C. The team with the history of most losses goes by lower case letters, like this: u s c.
A proud team named after a condom.
Mister Charlie

West Columbia, SC

#32 Sep 25, 2007
fredricka wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a carolinux fan . no talent 2 quarter players
31-28 Sorry, we have the bragging rights this year.

When you manage to play some SEC caliber teams and win, get back in touch.
Olive Oyl

Columbia, SC

#33 Sep 25, 2007
See you in the NFL wrote:
Olive Oyl, an NFL team will draft him, but much lower in the draft. They will be able to take him for a lot less money, and yes they will have to take a risk that he will come back 100%, but it could be a great steal for an NFL team if he fully recovers.
Thank you for the explanation although I still can't understand WHY the NFL would take the chance, but that's sports for you...
Go Tigers

Raleigh, NC

#35 Sep 25, 2007
Hey chickens...look on the bright side...now you have an excuse for the Mississippi State game!
Go Tigers

Raleigh, NC

#36 Sep 25, 2007
Mister Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
Coach doesn't make excuses, Tommy Bowden does.
Of course he does...he said you aren't smart enough to win yet! Don't you listen to his remarks? Stop drooling over spurrier and realize what a dweeb this guy really is!!!
Mister Charlie

West Columbia, SC

#37 Sep 25, 2007
Go Tigers wrote:
Hey chickens...look on the bright side...now you have an excuse for the Mississippi State game!
31 - 28 Until you can beat that, keep your tater mouth shut.
Nessa

Rocky Mount, NC

#38 Sep 25, 2007
Elliott wrote:
just because we don't have as many championships we deserve that USC...i think usc Trojans and USC Gamecocks looks better
Think about it

Augusta, GA

#39 Sep 25, 2007
Its funny how many can't respect another team.
Elliott

Sacramento, CA

#40 Sep 25, 2007
Mister Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
A proud team named after a condom.
LOL... haven't heard that one in a long time. Hey, the team was around before that brand of condom, so it must be a proud condom named after a team.
Go Tigers

Raleigh, NC

#41 Sep 26, 2007
Mister Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
31-28 Sorry, we have the bragging rights this year.
When you manage to play some SEC caliber teams and win, get back in touch.
And what's your record against Clemson over the last 10 years? Paaaaalease! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!
Go Tigers

Raleigh, NC

#42 Sep 26, 2007
Mister Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
31 - 28 Until you can beat that, keep your tater mouth shut.
Hey "Miss Charlie", what's your record against Clemson over the last 10 years? And the only reason you won last year was because our kicker missed a field goal! Don't jump on your roost just yet! You've got such a "tougher schedule" than us, you'll probably be all beat up by the time we play you...right? Will that be your excuse this year? And please be an adult on here...don't tell someone to keep their "tater mouth shut"...it just shows your ignorance!
Go Tigers

Raleigh, NC

#43 Sep 26, 2007
Elliott wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... haven't heard that one in a long time. Hey, the team was around before that brand of condom, so it must be a proud condom named after a team.
Either way...I believe a condom goes over a cock to keep it from spewing every where...right? Too bad there aren't more condoms over those ignorant cock fans here!!! LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jasper Brinkley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings will take a hard look at linebackers in... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 12
News Hip surgery could sideline Vikings' Jasper Brin... (Aug '11) May '13 Arvin A 9
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Minnesota Vikings Select A... (Apr '13) Apr '13 GBPmies 7
News Minnesota Vikings 2013 Mock Draft: Best Case Sc... (Apr '13) Apr '13 viking nation 14
News Should Minnesota Vikings show interest in Rolan... (Apr '13) Apr '13 LAvike 1
News Minnesota Vikings' 2013 NFL Draft Wish List (Jan '13) Apr '13 Vikingsgohard 105
News Minnesota Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Radar: Georgia... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Purple Faithful 2
More from around the web