USC's Star Player Likely Out for Year...

USC's Star Player Likely Out for Year with ACL Injury

There are 36 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Sep 24, 2007, titled USC's Star Player Likely Out for Year with ACL Injury. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Brinkley received the injury in the first quarter of their matchup against Louisiana State University last Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Insider

Columbia, SC

#1 Sep 24, 2007
Just another example of how Spurrier is beating his own team. Why send an injured player with that kind of injury back on the field?
Stop The Madness

United States

#2 Sep 24, 2007
This is a big blow to the defense, and the team as whole. I hope he recovers...not necessarily so he can play but because that injury HURTS!
Insider is a moron

United States

#5 Sep 24, 2007
Insider you are an idiot, Spurrier did not know the extent of his injury. The doctors probably told him to go back and try it out, and when he coudl not go, he came off the field.
See you in the NFL

United States

#6 Sep 24, 2007
Jasper is gone. This will hurt his draft status, but I doubt he will come back for another year and risk another injury. He is going pro. You heard it hear first.

“Snowman, you got your ears on?”

Since: May 07

"Eastbound & Down"

#7 Sep 24, 2007
Spurrier didn't tell him to go back in. Jasper is such a competitor that he wanted to go back in. And it was his LCL not ACL. Sources also say that he does want to come back next year and play. If you have a chance listen to espn columbia 93.1fm Their talking about it now.
Olive Oyl

Columbia, SC

#8 Sep 24, 2007
I'm not sure I understand this correctly.

He's injured and won't be completing the season at USC but he is expecting to be drafted by the NFL??? Won't the injury hurt his chances in the NFL draft? Why would an NFL team take a risk on him when he could possibly reinjure himself?

It just doesn't make sense to me.
Mister Charlie

Columbia, SC

#9 Sep 24, 2007
Insider wrote:
Just another example of how Spurrier is beating his own team. Why send an injured player with that kind of injury back on the field?
You are an idiot and probably a Clemsux fan. The injury was not properly diagnosed until JB returned to Columbia.
See you in the NFL

United States

#10 Sep 24, 2007
Olive Oyl, an NFL team will draft him, but much lower in the draft. They will be able to take him for a lot less money, and yes they will have to take a risk that he will come back 100%, but it could be a great steal for an NFL team if he fully recovers.
See you in the NFL

United States

#11 Sep 24, 2007
Bandit, Sidney Rice said he was going to come back this year at first too. Just wait until an agent gets in his ear, and tells him how much money he can make. It's hard to say no, to that kind of money.

Since: Aug 07

Columbia, SC

#13 Sep 24, 2007
Mister Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot and probably a Clemsux fan. The injury was not properly diagnosed until JB returned to Columbia.
Thank you.
Barney Fife

Cayce, SC

#15 Sep 24, 2007
I tend to go along with Insider. If Spurrier figured JB's knee was toast and he'd be out for the rest of the season anyway, what did he have to loose by letting him go in and call the defensive plays? He needed him in there.
Citizen Cane

Irmo, SC

#17 Sep 24, 2007
Will this be USC's excuse for probably losing the rest of the season? Hey Stevie, any excuse in a storm!
SCGamecocks90

Swansea, SC

#18 Sep 24, 2007
Insider wrote:
another idiot who thinks he knows everything. Like other people said, he didnt know how bad the injury was and Jasper decided to go back in. why the hell would he send him back out if he knew he tore his ACL?? thatd be just plain stupid, and a horrible decision on Spurrier's part and Spurrier is FAR from an idiot when it comes to football.

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

Little River, SC

#19 Sep 24, 2007
Wishing Brinkley a complete recovery. BTW- nice to see the Gamecocks in the news for something other than an arrest.
Nessa

Dobson, NC

#21 Sep 24, 2007
How horrible....everyone else is going to have to step up there game. I hope he recovers quickly and it's an easy recovery.
spot

Decatur, GA

#22 Sep 24, 2007
Ray Nigin wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when has Spurrier made excuses? You must be referring to Tammy Bowden. Your lack of knowledge is laughable. Go play in some traffic so you cannot procreate.
LMFAO
spot

Decatur, GA

#23 Sep 24, 2007
LMFAO
eff him

Columbia, SC

#24 Sep 24, 2007
Oh well, too bad. I am sad

not

“Lets take America Back!”

Since: Apr 07

America, U,S,A.

#25 Sep 24, 2007
Barney Fife wrote:
I tend to go along with Insider. If Spurrier figured JB's knee was toast and he'd be out for the rest of the season anyway, what did he have to loose by letting him go in and call the defensive plays? He needed him in there.
Your an idiot if you really believe that.

“Snowman, you got your ears on?”

Since: May 07

"Eastbound & Down"

#26 Sep 24, 2007
See you in the NFL wrote:
Bandit, Sidney Rice said he was going to come back this year at first too. Just wait until an agent gets in his ear, and tells him how much money he can make. It's hard to say no, to that kind of money.
Yeah i agree with you on what sidney said. But RT said today that he was told that Jasper will take the redshirt and play next year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jasper Brinkley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings will take a hard look at linebackers in... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 12
News Hip surgery could sideline Vikings' Jasper Brin... (Aug '11) May '13 Arvin A 9
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Minnesota Vikings Select A... (Apr '13) Apr '13 GBPmies 7
News Minnesota Vikings 2013 Mock Draft: Best Case Sc... (Apr '13) Apr '13 viking nation 14
News Should Minnesota Vikings show interest in Rolan... (Apr '13) Apr '13 LAvike 1
News Minnesota Vikings' 2013 NFL Draft Wish List (Jan '13) Apr '13 Vikingsgohard 105
News Minnesota Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Radar: Georgia... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Purple Faithful 2
More from around the web