Ex-Montwood High star finds niche in ...

Ex-Montwood High star finds niche in UTEP football

There are 14 comments on the El Paso Times story from Aug 12, 2008, titled Ex-Montwood High star finds niche in UTEP football. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Josh Flores' story has a familiar ring. The former Montwood star running back always produced on the field but wasn't considered athletic enough to merit a scholarship at the one school he coveted, UTEP.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Jerry

El Paso, TX

#1 Aug 13, 2008
Somebody failed to mention that Josh Flores was the biggest Steroid User at Montwood High. I know, 'cause I played alongside him for 4 years at Montwood.
John

El Paso, TX

#2 Aug 13, 2008
Your comments are strong but without providing anything to substantiate it, your allegations are weak. It is cowardly for anyone to post derogatory comments on any forum without proof. If you want to be a man about it, post your real full name and first hand information on what you know and saw otherwise shut up and stay in your little corner you call life, little boy. Don't be a hater.
tomtom

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Aug 13, 2008
Agree with John. These forums are full of trash and haters. May Josh and The Miners have a successful season.
Michael Molinar

Denver, CO

#4 Aug 13, 2008
I coached Josh in baseball when he was a 7th grader at Slider Middle and let me tell you-he's a leader and was a great catcher. He led us to win the city championship that year. He's more athletic than people give him credit for and he was strong mentally even back then. Good luck Josh!
police state El Paso

El Paso, TX

#5 Aug 13, 2008
Jerry wrote:
Somebody failed to mention that Josh Flores was the biggest Steroid User at Montwood High. I know,'cause I played alongside him for 4 years at Montwood.
I'm with you.

Since: May 08

San Antonio, TX

#6 Aug 13, 2008
with him or not... it's bogus let the kid enjoy his ability... it's more than most can say...what are you doing in your life that you think you can judge him? Unless your perfect you might want to try getting a life of your own.
miner3223

El Paso, TX

#7 Aug 13, 2008
Hopefully he can make an impact in the redzone this season. By the way, does anyone know his weight?
Manuel Ornelas

Lakeland, FL

#8 Aug 13, 2008
Stay with it Josh.
Takes me back to 39[1939]I walked o and got two years in before WORLD war 2-WE had a Freshman Team. Max Saxon was the coach at Texas College of Mines.- Keep up the good Work. Manny Ornelas
Who know

El Paso, TX

#9 Aug 13, 2008
police state El Paso wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you.
The true will come out it always does.
lol

Austin, TX

#10 Aug 13, 2008
Who know wrote:
<quoted text>
The true will come out it always does.
Learn some grammatical skills before posting.
someone

El Paso, TX

#11 Aug 13, 2008
i lol'ed at mike price's comment of every el paso coach wanting to have a runningback like Robert Rodriguez.

Is that why he was MOVED FROM the runningback position to play another position?

I'm not a hater, but I'm just saying, the logic is missing
All Sports

El Paso, TX

#12 Aug 13, 2008
It seems to always be the same story in El Paso, no athlete can do good because they are on steroids. Com'n people lets give props where props are due. We hear the same story for track, football, basketball and baseball. I wonder if this is the reason why we can't seem to get more D1 scouts to come out and check out the EP talent. We ourselves in El Paso are to busy putting our own athletes down. Josh Good luck and keep up the hard work.
tomtom

Las Cruces, NM

#13 Aug 14, 2008
All Sports wrote:
It seems to always be the same story in El Paso, no athlete can do good because they are on steroids. Com'n people lets give props where props are due. We hear the same story for track, football, basketball and baseball. I wonder if this is the reason why we can't seem to get more D1 scouts to come out and check out the EP talent. We ourselves in El Paso are to busy putting our own athletes down. Josh Good luck and keep up the hard work.
I think you have it all wrong, it appears that NOBODY (athletes and all) can do good. If they do something is completely wrong. Good thing that most of the freaks that post BS on these forums do not run our city.
VC-S

Brownsville, TX

#14 Aug 14, 2008
someone wrote:
i lol'ed at mike price's comment of every el paso coach wanting to have a runningback like Robert Rodriguez.
Is that why he was MOVED FROM the runningback position to play another position?
I'm not a hater, but I'm just saying, the logic is missing
Robert Rodriguez is one of the (if not THE) best running back any high school in el paso has ever seen. He played the position he was asked to in high school and he did the same in college. Because of his TALENT he was able to play Middle Linebacker in college with no prior experience. He continued to play this position in the NFL, the European Football League (Cologne), and the CFL (Calgary). Mike Price was proud to have Robert Rodriguez because he is a diverse football player. My hats off to one of El Paso's greatest football players.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tulane coach has high praise for Vittatoe (Oct '10) Oct '10 waveroller 2
News Miners open seasonwithout Buckram (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bill 2
News UTEP's backfield has abundance of depth (Aug '10) Aug '10 EL PASO 3
News Cowboys-Eagles inactives - Michael Vick No. 3 QB (Jan '10) Jan '10 Ralexe 26
News Notebook: UTEP Miners watch Boise State get vic... (Oct '09) Oct '09 _Arrrrrrr 8
News Price: Saturday's game, circumstances unusual (Sep '09) Sep '09 TiredofLosingTrad... 11
News UTEPnotebook Jayhawks concerned over pass inter... (Sep '09) Sep '09 whats the hold up 2
More from around the web