Girl, 14, dies after being hit by car late Sunday on East Side

Full story: El Paso Times 10
A girl has died after after she was struck late Sunday by a car as she ran across a busy East Side street. Read more
edgar

Lockney, TX

#1 Oct 27, 2008
my condolences to the entire family and friends
citizen jane

United States

#2 Oct 27, 2008
My condolences as well.
I must say however, I live near a school.
The students act as if they own the street and NEVER follow the cross signals! I even have my own bi streets so I can avoid them.
There needs to be more control over these kids, it is obvious that they can't handle crossing the street!
banana

El Paso, TX

#3 Oct 27, 2008
It is very sad that a life is lost for a careless mistake. I also live near a West Side High School and some of these kids are very irresponsible when crossing the street. They dart out of nowhere and expect vehicles to stop for them. My condolences to the family and friends.
Adrian

El Paso, TX

#4 Oct 27, 2008
My condolences to the family. I'm so sad to hear that she didn't make it.
RocketScientist

El Paso, TX

#5 Oct 27, 2008
This city needs real pedestrian education for both the pedestrians and drivers. The people cross where ever and the drivers never yield to a pedestrian when they are in the right. This city is horrible to walk anywhere in.
Reader

El Paso, TX

#6 Oct 28, 2008
citizen jane wrote:
My condolences as well.
I must say however, I live near a school.
The students act as if they own the street and NEVER follow the cross signals! I even have my own bi streets so I can avoid them.
There needs to be more control over these kids, it is obvious that they can't handle crossing the street!
I feel the same way. Ive been thru schools and they dont even care. They should follow the cross signals just as they make us the drivers do so.. Please encourage all students to watch for cars and to be in the look out for cars. My condolences to these parents. May God be in your hearts in this time and always.
Shawty

United States

#7 Oct 28, 2008
i know some1 who knew dis gurl
RIP SHANeese

:(
Girl

United States

#8 Oct 28, 2008
edgar wrote:
my condolences to the entire family and friends
thank you i was one of her bff
i will miss her so much!
Carolina

Springfield, IL

#9 Oct 28, 2008
How sad--my condolences--I understand the burden of sadness that family and friends will be facing at this time and in the future. It's just so difficult to reconcile these tragedies . . .
edgar

Lockney, TX

#10 Oct 29, 2008
Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you i was one of her bff
i will miss her so much!
You are very welcome, my thoughts and prayers are with you and the entire family and friends. I'll be at the services to pay my respects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tulane coach has high praise for Vittatoe (Oct '10) Oct '10 waveroller 2
News Miners open seasonwithout Buckram (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bill 2
News UTEP's backfield has abundance of depth (Aug '10) Aug '10 EL PASO 3
News Cowboys-Eagles inactives - Michael Vick No. 3 QB (Jan '10) Jan '10 Ralexe 26
News Notebook: UTEP Miners watch Boise State get vic... (Oct '09) Oct '09 _Arrrrrrr 8
News Price: Saturday's game, circumstances unusual (Sep '09) Sep '09 TiredofLosingTrad... 11
News UTEPnotebook Jayhawks concerned over pass inter... (Sep '09) Sep '09 whats the hold up 2
More from around the web