Source says Jason Taylor won't play f...

Source says Jason Taylor won't play for Chicago Bears

There are 27 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 2, 2009, titled Source says Jason Taylor won't play for Chicago Bears. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Sorry, ladies. Jason Taylor won't be dancing around these parts in the near future.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JMFB

Dover, FL

#1 Mar 2, 2009
Hes not as good as he once was anyway. We have guys like him already =)
val

Aurora, IL

#2 Mar 3, 2009
This is a testiment to the fact that many free agents don't want to play in Chicago for the bozos that run the club. That is most likely why the bears only aquired one player so far and he is a no-name.
The writing is on the wall. The free agents see it. The Bears are a team going nowhere real fast.
Some said that this is a team where wide receivers die. It is possibly a team where everyone dies.
The longer that angelo and lovie are on this team, the worst this team gets.
Forget about winning a superbowl, how about just making the playoffs. And now...how about beating the packers twice per year...and at the rate that the vikes are going, we won't be able to beat them either. With major change going on in detroit, don't be suprised if they give the bears a very hard time.
If you can'b beat your division foes, you aren't going anywhere. this team is dead.

Since: Jul 08

Genoa IL.

#3 Mar 3, 2009
A 34 yr old vet on the down side of his career with lingering injuries and does`nt want to take part in off season work outs?
No Thanks!!

Since: Aug 08

New Berlin, IL

#4 Mar 3, 2009
If he won't work out 25 day for $8 million, he won't play well for the Bears. Let him go take his dance lessons elsewhere.
DagoT

Ankeny, IA

#5 Mar 3, 2009
"Taylor and Bears end Adewale Ogunleye played together with the Dolphins and combined for 28 sacks during the 2003 season. A reunion of the pair might have revived their careers."

MIGHT?-- hey that's good enough for me!

And while the Bears are at it, maybe they can sign Martin and Lewis and revive THEIR careers, too!

Jason Taylor is a disruptive tool. Sounds kind of lazy, too. 25 workouts is going to keep him from his family??? The Bears have enough problems.
MD Kevin

Silver Spring, MD

#6 Mar 3, 2009
Anyone who watch him play last year (and I did) would not want him on their team. He WAS a very good player. He is NOT now.
Jim

Palatine, IL

#7 Mar 3, 2009
Not that I care about Jason Taylor, but what does he have against the Bears? They give lots of money to washed up defensive players. It would be an idea place for him to collect a few paychecks without doing much before he retires.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#8 Mar 3, 2009
No real good player wants 2 come 2 a team with no coaching, no GM, and no clue.

Since: Dec 08

Chicago, IL

#9 Mar 3, 2009
Well, his family still lives in Miami, so maybe he simply wants to play closer to home. It would be nice if this article provided a bit more insight...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#10 Mar 3, 2009
Bill Parcels is a great evalulator of player personel. There had to be a reason he ran him out of Miami. Besides why would this interest us?

Isn't the reason the Bears hired the winless coach from Detroit was to coach up our line?

Ogunleye, Brown, and Anderson should flourish. right? We have much greater needs. Like QB, WR, DB and OL.
ct bears fan

Newington, CT

#11 Mar 3, 2009
It has nothing to do with the fact that players don't want to come to chicago, its the fact that we won't step up and pay these players (which for the most part i am not too upset with, i do like the fact that the bears don't overpay for garbage that many other teams waiste their money on). If the Bears offered TJ top dollar he would have been here already. Only a few teams can get away with players gravitating towards them at so/so salaries (i.e. patriots, giants, "insert other consistant winning franchise", ect.). The redskings get these players because they spend ridiculous amounts of money. And based on their track record of releasing most of these layers the next year, who is to say they are right in what they do?? The fact that the bears don't overpay for over-the-hill players doesn't make them cheap, just makes them smart.

“THANK GOD I'M AN AMERICAN! ”

Since: Apr 07

So California

#12 Mar 3, 2009
It's time for Jason to open up his dance studio.
leon

Eden Prairie, MN

#13 Mar 3, 2009
the guy is a bum, we don't want him
DirrtyDirrty

Evergreen Park, IL

#14 Mar 3, 2009
caffeinater wrote:
Well, his family still lives in Miami, so maybe he simply wants to play closer to home. It would be nice if this article provided a bit more insight...
Finally! Someone with a rational thought. Don't jump on the guy for making decisions we don't know the reasons for. Maybe it has nothing to do with the coaches, GM, or organization.
BadBecky

United States

#15 Mar 3, 2009
Mellyman wrote:
A 34 yr old vet on the down side of his career with lingering injuries and does`nt want to take part in off season work outs?
No Thanks!!
You are so right. He has been dumped by the Dolphins & Redskins in consecutive years. That tells the story on him right there. He doesnt want to work hard,he just wants to show up and collect his pay check on gameday. Off season workouts are part of your job. We need a guy who is interested in playing Football. Not some feminine guy,who wants to dance and take the offseason off as priorities,over Football. The Bears would never sign someone like him anyway. He knows Marinellis reputation for Working his guys hard,he wants no part of that obviously. Taylor is a old washed up Clown. He should move to San Fransisco and be a dancer. He sure as he11 is not into Football these days,other than paydays.I never even considered him,when I heard he was released. Actually I wasnt surprised he got released again. He clearly is not into Football anymore,and it shows! Go Bears!!
WTF

United States

#16 Mar 3, 2009
What does it matter who will play for the Bears they have some of the worst coaches in the league ... if you don't believe it fire them and see if they are hired in their current positions anywhere in the NFL. Who would hire Lovie as a head coach? The Radiers? who would give Ron or Buttboy Bobby a job? Like all the Rex fans ... he is being looked at by who??? He'll get a job with a bad team and then you won't hear from him again.
IamSam

United States

#18 Mar 3, 2009
leon wrote:
the guy is a bum, we don't want him
It is true,no way the Bears would sign someone like him anyways! So it doesnt matter what the gay boy says about not playing here. He is definitely not Monster of the Midway material.He should stick to dancing with the boys or is it the stars! No Matter,we dont want him,period!! Go Bears!
D-RoseandtheRose naires

United States

#19 Mar 3, 2009
Oh no the dancer doesnt want to play for the Bears...what will we do.....
deezel

United States

#20 Mar 3, 2009
Umm... who wants him? He couldn't finish the season with the skins and he won't commit himself in the offseason?
terry

Cambridge, VT

#21 Mar 3, 2009
You heard it here first: Taylor will wind up where he wanted to in the first place - New England. Bill Belichik LOVES players like him. Players like Taylor fall under the category 'title-hungry veterans' and will take a pay cut if necessary to play there. Remember Junior Seau a few years ago? He retired from Miami, next day Belichik called him and not long after that he was in New England. And he has said more than once that New England was the ONLY team he would play for.

The trade? New England has 4 picks in the first 58 and an extra 17+ mill for free agents. Not a bad position to be in, which leads to this:

The rich get richer because they are SMARTER

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Katina wants to end marriage with Dolphins' Jas... (Jul '06) May '14 Tupac 114
News Dolphins owner appalled by bullying scandal (Nov '13) Nov '13 Con-text 3
News Weekly Dolphan Recap (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ross Dress For Less 1
News Dolphins receiver Brian Hartline all business i... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tim Tebonics 3
News San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick in a Mi... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Neek 2
Jason Taylor - nude! (Sep '12) Sep '12 Gay 1
Jason Taylor - nude! (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ina 1
More from around the web