Dave Hyde: Jason Taylor's return to M...

Dave Hyde: Jason Taylor's return to Miami Dolphins a rare insta...

There are 12 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 14, 2009, titled Dave Hyde: Jason Taylor's return to Miami Dolphins a rare insta.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

This was after Jason Taylor rejected a possible film deal. After he met Redskins owner Daniel Snyder at Joe's Stone Crab on Miami Beach and handed back $8.5 million to gain his release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

greenmiamicat

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1 May 14, 2009
8+ sacks from JT this season will be a success!!!
tony reay

Banbury, UK

#2 May 14, 2009
My question exactly.. why not Zack?
Shawn 2010

Fishers, IN

#3 May 14, 2009
What?
Joe

Bethpage, NY

#4 May 14, 2009
In a day and time of big money, big cars, and huge contracts, JT is has the most class, deire, and heart I think I have ever witnessed for an NFL player. What can you say, to support a team and lose 7 million, that fires me up, and I think once again we actually have a chance to beat NE twice in one year, NE has never hardly been able to solve the JT to Brady's head connection. :) I like it alot.
Stewart Whyte Scotland

Aberdeen, UK

#5 May 14, 2009
nice story, Jason is a class act. He'll act as the mentor and leader that Vonnie Holliday was last year. A young team needs a few vets to show them the ropes.
Greg

Apopka, FL

#6 May 14, 2009
Im happy hes back too BUT... He left his family after almost getting divorced - how old are his kids? Im betting the wife threw down some rules on him after he was a major butt to her when his head got big (bigger) and then he got his reality check; and handed back the other check.

“1997/2003 WorldSeries Champs!”

Since: Aug 08

Coral Springs

#7 May 14, 2009
Nice article Dave. The greatest respect goes out to Jason Taylor for accepting a low contract and insisting to come back and play at home. If any of you had bad feelings toward him for leaving then you have to admit that this makes up for it.
PhinDog

West Palm Beach, FL

#8 May 14, 2009
We got our cake and ate it too.. Good for JT He will forever be adored by the fans we love you JT.
phishface

Chatsworth, CA

#10 May 14, 2009
Finally, a stand-up guy does a stand-up thing for a team I love. I've always said that parity may be good for the league but it sucks for fans. We don't love our team because of geography - we merely LIKE the team for that. No, we LOVE our team because of the guys who pour their sweat, blood and tears into trying to be a winner year after year. So, now we have a bunch of new guys, most of whom we haven't grown to love yet. But Jason, well, we love Jason - he's our last link to the Marino days, and he bleeds aqua and orange

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#11 May 14, 2009
I wonder if Jason Taylor will make the team. There are lot of rookies this year. At most, he will be a situational pass rusher, but, his leadership and mentoring of the rookies is probably the reason he's being brought in.
Sad Dolphan

Vero Beach, FL

#12 May 15, 2009
WOW! That's amazing, an athlete with true love and passion for the game.
Respect Jason Taylor.
I believe this is the season Jason Tayor get that RING. No one thought the Dolphins would win 11 games last season. I believe this is the season the Miami Dolphins makes it happen.
I hope he pass on some of that love and passion to the rest of the team.
It's all about the RING (love and passion).

I love it.
I love this team.
Go Phins.
Home SuperBowl 2010

United States

#13 May 17, 2009
It's all about the RING, 35 years and counting.

Just how long does it take a team to rebuild?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Katina wants to end marriage with Dolphins' Jas... (Jul '06) May '14 Tupac 114
News Dolphins owner appalled by bullying scandal (Nov '13) Nov '13 Con-text 3
News Weekly Dolphan Recap (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ross Dress For Less 1
News Dolphins receiver Brian Hartline all business i... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tim Tebonics 3
News San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick in a Mi... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Neek 2
Jason Taylor - nude! (Sep '12) Sep '12 Gay 1
Jason Taylor - nude! (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ina 1
More from around the web