Jason Taylor's offseason moves won't ...

Jason Taylor's offseason moves won't excite Bill Parcells

There are 38 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 15, 2008, titled Jason Taylor's offseason moves won't excite Bill Parcells. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Ring. Ring ... "Hi, Bill Parcells here." "Bill, this is Jason Taylor . I'm calling to remind you I'll be dancing during the Dolphins ' winter workouts." "Heh-heh, Lawrence Taylor called his job 'destroying' ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NaPlEsDuDe

Fort Myers, FL

#1 Mar 16, 2008
HAHAHAH! Funny story! Dave Hyde is great! THis guy deserves and emmy...err grammy.....err I dont know...Just give him a trophy for God's sake! But seriously funny story and Dave is the bomb!
mike from wmsbg va

Norfolk, VA

#2 Mar 16, 2008
it's simply amazing how sport writers come up with all these scenario's.maybe parcells isn't all that worried about taylor.he had to put up w/ LT all those years.he probrobly even pissed in his cup to cover up his coke habit.i am not talking about pepsi opponent.maybe he'll take coughlin's approach.the giants didn't panicked with strayhan.maybe,bill likes dancing himself.maybe he'll become sports editor for the sun-sentinel or the hearld.maybe he'll fire you guys arse's for all the negativity posted day in and day out.maybe,maybe maybe.maybe what miami needs is positive sports writing for their teams,and stop kicking a dog when they're down.all of miami's teams are down.they don't need to be reminded every day what you writers think of them.punk arsed guys probrobly were never pick to play on team in their childhood.and who are jellish . because, they were to sorry or weak to play the game.
dave hyde sux

United States

#3 Mar 16, 2008
put a lid on it dave. your columns are getting beyond stupid. is this what you spent all day doing yesterday?
perspective

Plano, TX

#4 Mar 16, 2008
Funny story . I don't think Parcells is worried about whether J.T. is here for voluntary workouts or not . Jason will be ready to play when needed and he will not be a problem . That is if he is still here .Everyone had him traded to Green Bay didn't they ? Oh not everybody ? just the sportswriters ? Oh well then he's gone . One thing I know, if a sportswriter says it , it's real . Ha Ha .
Terry

Morgantown, WV

#5 Mar 16, 2008
Please! Will something interesting start happening, so we can start reading something worth reading!
Ionaman70

Hollywood, FL

#6 Mar 16, 2008
HaHa, funny Dave. A regular riot!.
Captain Obvious

AOL

#7 Mar 17, 2008
That was stupid. A waste of my time.I'm off to read the Miami Herald now.
Rob D

Hollywood, FL

#8 Mar 17, 2008
This dumb. I hope this gut Hyde can actually write something worth resding. Maybe something with facts???
Huh

United States

#9 Mar 17, 2008
Captain Obvious wrote:
That was stupid. A waste of my time.I'm off to read the Miami Herald now.
Good you wont be missed
dolfan

Stuart, FL

#10 Mar 17, 2008
This has to be the stupidest column ever.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#11 Mar 17, 2008
The column was creative Dave, and I believe alot of what you "conjured" was true.

IMO Parcells is NOT happy w/ Prancing with the Stars, and JT did asked to be cut.

Finally though regarding the last section. I heard the interview. JT most certainly did NOT say he was "commited" to the dolphins. He said he was under contract and (very unemphaticly and quickly) said "that's where I want to be, it's where I am, and I'm not retiring".

What I heard? "I'll fulfill my contractual obligation, but I'm praying I get traded to a contender or (better yet) released".

All IMHO.

I know JT walks on water for a lot of you folks, but denial ain't gonnna keep JT in a fins uniform.

My prediction...JT is a fin unless someone offers them a 1st or high 2nd rounder, and that would apply up til the trade deadline.

But JT will only be happy when he's no longer a fin, OR (miraculously) the fins have a great season this year.
Pepe

Hialeah, FL

#12 Mar 17, 2008
This article was tough to read. Stop trying to be funny and provide quality analysis.
Fang

Hollywood, FL

#13 Mar 17, 2008
I'm tired of beating this dead horse, but once again Taylor shows his true colors. It doesn't really matter if Jason shows up for the volunteer workouts. What it does is show how he feels about the team in general and speaks volumes that he only cares about Jason Taylor.

I can only hope Miami can move him in a trade somehow. Let the selfish fool play for another team, he doesn't know how to win anyway.

Santa Barbara, CA

#14 Mar 17, 2008
Fang wrote:
I'm tired of beating this dead horse, but once again Taylor shows his true colors. It doesn't really matter if Jason shows up for the volunteer workouts. What it does is show how he feels about the team in general and speaks volumes that he only cares about Jason Taylor.
I can only hope Miami can move him in a trade somehow. Let the selfish fool play for another team, he doesn't know how to win anyway.
(cough)exactly(cough)
rubinh

Las Vegas, NV

#15 Mar 17, 2008
I am so tired of what Billy Parcells thinks anymore he is not in the same class as Don Shula.or Dan Marino. Bill is washed-up He should have stayed retired he just sees the Dolphins as a retires job to make some more$$. Jason Taylor is not for sale or trade fodder uless Jason asks for that. If it comes to that Jason should just retire and watch Parcell crash and burn with out Jasons ability nor a trade to make. ITS TIME FOR BILLY TO RETIRE AGAIN AND NOW!!!!!!!!!!

United States

#16 Mar 18, 2008
rubinh wrote:
I am so tired of what Billy Parcells thinks anymore he is not in the same class as Don Shula.or Dan Marino. Bill is washed-up He should have stayed retired he just sees the Dolphins as a retires job to make some more$$. Jason Taylor is not for sale or trade fodder uless Jason asks for that. If it comes to that Jason should just retire and watch Parcell crash and burn with out Jasons ability nor a trade to make. ITS TIME FOR BILLY TO RETIRE AGAIN AND NOW!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah...just your ability to post on this forum doesn't give you the clout to start making demands, and just cause you say it "Jason Taylor is not for sale or trade fodder uless Jason asks for that", has no bearing on reality.

BTW...Pay attention...there's a good chance (based on numerous reports)Jason ASKED for that.
huh

Mission, KS

#17 Mar 18, 2008
the true makings of a dave hyde screenplay.
Jon

Chattanooga, TN

#18 Mar 18, 2008
Corny
Just curious

United States

#19 Mar 18, 2008
jahndoh wrote:
The column was creative Dave, and I believe alot of what you "conjured" was true.
IMO Parcells is NOT happy w/ Prancing with the Stars, and JT did asked to be cut.
Finally though regarding the last section. I heard the interview. JT most certainly did NOT say he was "commited" to the dolphins. He said he was under contract and (very unemphaticly and quickly) said "that's where I want to be, it's where I am, and I'm not retiring".
What I heard? "I'll fulfill my contractual obligation, but I'm praying I get traded to a contender or (better yet) released".
All IMHO.
I know JT walks on water for a lot of you folks, but denial ain't gonnna keep JT in a fins uniform.
My prediction...JT is a fin unless someone offers them a 1st or high 2nd rounder, and that would apply up til the trade deadline.
But JT will only be happy when he's no longer a fin, OR (miraculously) the fins have a great season this year.
Are you on speaking terms with either Jason or Parcells?

West Palm Beach, FL.

#20 Mar 18, 2008
So JT participating on this show is going to help the Dolphins win football games how exactly? Just wondering...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marshawn Lynch back with Raiders after suspension Nov '17 Getting Farts 2
News Katina wants to end marriage with Dolphins' Jas... (Jul '06) May '14 Tupac 114
News Dolphins owner appalled by bullying scandal (Nov '13) Nov '13 Con-text 3
News Weekly Dolphan Recap (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ross Dress For Less 1
News Dolphins receiver Brian Hartline all business i... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tim Tebonics 3
News San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick in a Mi... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Neek 2
Jason Taylor - nude! (Sep '12) Sep '12 Gay 1
More from around the web