Dolphins: RB Williams reinstated by N...

Dolphins: RB Williams reinstated by NFL, will meet Cameron Thur...

There are 45 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 14, 2007, titled Dolphins: RB Williams reinstated by NFL, will meet Cameron Thur.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

After five failed drug tests, a premature retirement and two separate suspensions from the NFL costing him 46 games and millions of dollars in the past four seasons, running back Ricky Williams may be back in a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Franco

AOL

#1 Nov 14, 2007
If he fails a drug test this time .... he should look to pack groceries at Publix !( if they'll have him )
Tyrone

United States

#2 Nov 14, 2007
Ricky W,

You were my favorite Dolphin since Marino. I like to smoke the weed too, but I would definitely have to give it up if I made $500,000 plus per year. You are a mellow and intelligent person and pretty much everyone you meet in real life says you are very respectful and a good guy. You are also a great NFL running back and have proven it every time you are on the field,
Therefore it has been decided by the NFL you would be better off becoming very violent and should begin beating and pointing guns at people ASAP. According to the media and NFL mandated discipline this is much better behavior than the smoking a joint of the stanky stank in your own home.
The NFL policy is ridiculous, they should not even test for weed like the NBA does not test for weed last I heard. Cam can talk about character all he wants; Ricky has great character and is a silent leader. Ricky just has a weakness with the Devils Lettuce, that Sativa is hard to turn down sometimes. They probably have Ricky psyche treated right now with three different pills of Prozac derivatives everyday which has major side effects medically compared to the Sticky Icky and even under heavy meds he will be cleared for play by the NFL as long as their “affiliated” doctors say it is ok. Anyway Ricky, welcome back to the NFL again, I truly hope Cam is smart for a change and adds you back to the team as the starting running back ASAP. I am breaking out my old Ricky Jersey and will wear it with pride when he rushes for 250 yards his first game back. If Ricky is in shape he may go for Adrian Peterson’s new record of almost 300 yards rushing. Ricky was always like a John Deere tractor and pushed through the line hard. No one can argue that. I hope Beck kicks ass but if he sucks Cam may be out of there within 3 games and Capers made acting head coach. Don’t think it can’t happen. I do hope the Dolphins turn it around but the worst may not be over yet.

Since: Jun 07

Rutledge, GA

#3 Nov 15, 2007
I welcome Ricky back, and I think CAM can stick to his CHARACTER mandate, and bring Ricky back. Define Character. Character is working hard, treating others the way you would want to be treated, and making an Honest living. Ricky has done that, even though he has smoked a joint on occasion. Unlike others in the NFL who have smoked the same stuff, He never seemed to be "ON IT" while at work. He worked hard, and performed well , so it seems to me, he did it on his own time. I think some others, ex falcons qb,s name not mentioned, was under the influence ON THE JOB.
Clearly Ricky has problems he is dealing with, and it takes character to walk away from that stuff as well. Its harder to quit drugs than it is to have "done the right thing" your whole life and never tried them.

Since: Oct 07

Bangalore, India

#4 Nov 15, 2007
Cameron must be high on weed if he reinstates Ricky and he does not believe Ricky will fail another test....
Dolfan Ronnie

Delray Beach, FL

#5 Nov 15, 2007
Tyrone wrote:
Ricky W,
You were my favorite Dolphin since Marino. I like to smoke the weed too, but I would definitely have to give it up if I made $500,000 plus per year. You are a mellow and intelligent person and pretty much everyone you meet in real life says you are very respectful and a good guy. You are also a great NFL running back and have proven it every time you are on the field,
Therefore it has been decided by the NFL you would be better off becoming very violent and should begin beating and pointing guns at people ASAP. According to the media and NFL mandated discipline this is much better behavior than the smoking a joint of the stanky stank in your own home.
The NFL policy is ridiculous, they should not even test for weed like the NBA does not test for weed last I heard. Cam can talk about character all he wants; Ricky has great character and is a silent leader. Ricky just has a weakness with the Devils Lettuce, that Sativa is hard to turn down sometimes. They probably have Ricky psyche treated right now with three different pills of Prozac derivatives everyday which has major side effects medically compared to the Sticky Icky and even under heavy meds he will be cleared for play by the NFL as long as their “affiliated” doctors say it is ok. Anyway Ricky, welcome back to the NFL again, I truly hope Cam is smart for a change and adds you back to the team as the starting running back ASAP. I am breaking out my old Ricky Jersey and will wear it with pride when he rushes for 250 yards his first game back. If Ricky is in shape he may go for Adrian Peterson’s new record of almost 300 yards rushing. Ricky was always like a John Deere tractor and pushed through the line hard. No one can argue that. I hope Beck kicks ass but if he sucks Cam may be out of there within 3 games and Capers made acting head coach. Don’t think it can’t happen. I do hope the Dolphins turn it around but the worst may not be over yet.
Right on Tyrone I couldn't have said it better myself. Its ok to be violent and beat up your wife and kill people per the NFL , but dont you dare smoke G-ds herb. And yeah please ingest all of the pharmaceuticals you want they make us lots of money and stimulate the economy dont worry about the shitty side effects.
djg

Delray Beach, FL

#6 Nov 15, 2007
I think that the Cameron and The Dolphins should keep Williams> I also see where the NFL is coming from by extending his date of return to Monday Oct 26, 2007, it just happens that this is a Monday Night Game against the Steelers. What a better way to up the ratings as ESPN needs all the help they can get as they are dismal in their coverage of Monday Night Football except for Ron Jaworski.
One Brown Eye

AOL

#7 Nov 15, 2007
Puff Puff Pass
ted

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Nov 15, 2007
ricky williams runs up the middle for another miami dolphins 2 yard gain.

are you people crazy? he may have played well enough in college to make it in to the pros, but what has he done simce those days. the guy is useless and cant be trusted. if you all think hes the "answer" than you are as wacky as he is.
funny what desperation can do to fin fans.
Miami Sucks

AOL

#9 Nov 15, 2007
BravPhin wrote:
I welcome Ricky back, and I think CAM can stick to his CHARACTER mandate, and bring Ricky back. Define Character. Character is working hard, treating others the way you would want to be treated, and making an Honest living. Ricky has done that, even though he has smoked a joint on occasion. Unlike others in the NFL who have smoked the same stuff, He never seemed to be "ON IT" while at work. He worked hard, and performed well , so it seems to me, he did it on his own time. I think some others, ex falcons qb,s name not mentioned, was under the influence ON THE JOB.
Clearly Ricky has problems he is dealing with, and it takes character to walk away from that stuff as well. Its harder to quit drugs than it is to have "done the right thing" your whole life and never tried them.
some character........ he is given ample chances and he has blown all of them. You idiots who want him back are nothing but losers who think winning football games is more important than teaching and showing our younger generations that working hard and following the rules is how one should live their life. So go smoke a joint and watch your Dolphins go 0-16 and be prepared to listen to all the jokes your team will be a part of in the years ahead . To those who think smoking pot is harmless, may a high flying pothead run into your car at a high rate of speed and kill a loved one to wake up your ignorant minds .
Native

Boynton Beach, FL

#10 Nov 15, 2007
Run Rucky Run....

I am so beat up and abused, I just want to win! I am feeling pretty bad right now. I keep paying for these Dolphin Tickets, They suck! At least with Ricky I have my Soap Opera back! Let Ricky play! What ever happen To Marley's kid that played for the U? Maybe he could hang with Ricky?
NC Dolfan

Cathedral City, CA

#11 Nov 15, 2007
It's nice to see a little common sense!
Big Dog

Greer, SC

#12 Nov 15, 2007
Who cares about Ricky. The bigger thing is Joey Porter and his comment that he'd bring in Osama bin Laden if he could run the ball like Ricky.

Joey Porter continues to show that he is an absolute idiot and a complete waste of money and roster space by this team.
Save rice ride a Harley

United States

#13 Nov 15, 2007

Hey Ted,

He only rushed for over 1,800 yards and led the NFL..... watch football much ???
DKG

Jonas Ridge, NC

#14 Nov 15, 2007
What a country huh? If you are a Cop or teacher and busted with drugs, You lose your job for life but if your in sports you can get it back! Great thing to teach kids. Its all B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T. I hope you flop and cause the Dolphins to go 0-16.
Ted

United States

#15 Nov 15, 2007
Just goes to show how sad this saeson and team really is. Cam thinking about Ricky. Makes me glad I am a long time Cowboys fan !!!
FRED EVANS

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Nov 15, 2007
Yeah, this is fair...
He's got GREAT character.
joe bagadonuts

Miami, FL

#17 Nov 15, 2007
release ricky,let him play,4 another team,no one should have to put on a dolphin jersey,yikes.

“happy holidays everyone! ”

Since: Nov 07

ft.lauderdale

#18 Nov 15, 2007
joe bagadonuts wrote:
release ricky,let him play,4 another team,no one should have to put on a dolphin jersey,yikes.
i wouldnt build my entire team around the guy, but he could probably enhance the fins chances of winning. It can't hurt them. Plus, its not like pot is a performance enhancing drug...if anything, it will probably make him sleepy or hungry.
BOB

Pompano Beach, FL

#19 Nov 15, 2007
Ted wrote:
Just goes to show how sad this saeson and team really is. Cam thinking about Ricky. Makes me glad I am a long time Cowboys fan !!!
GO F YOURSELF. MOVE TO DALLAS A H O L E
don shula 1972

Port Orange, FL

#20 Nov 15, 2007
Why is this even an issue? Lets look at it this way, if Cameron releases him and he is signed by the patriots, the bills or jets, Cameron may as well resign the minute he releases williams. He is playing for minimum salary. there is no downside to him. If we look at character issues, someone will have to explain Joey Porter to me and I mean now. Activate him,play him take pressure off Beck and pray he helps the dolphins win a game. the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Katina wants to end marriage with Dolphins' Jas... (Jul '06) May '14 Tupac 114
News Dolphins owner appalled by bullying scandal (Nov '13) Nov '13 Con-text 3
News Weekly Dolphan Recap (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ross Dress For Less 1
News Dolphins receiver Brian Hartline all business i... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tim Tebonics 3
News San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick in a Mi... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Neek 2
Jason Taylor - nude! (Sep '12) Sep '12 Gay 1
Jason Taylor - nude! (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ina 1
More from around the web