Jets want to ground Campbell, Raiders

Jets want to ground Campbell, Raiders

There are 21 comments on the New York Daily News story from Sep 23, 2011, titled Jets want to ground Campbell, Raiders. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

Rex RyanA refers to the right arm of Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell as a "bazooka" and estimates that the speed of his receivers is similar to that of a missile.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Sep 23, 2011
I'm wondering if it would be a reach to start Denarius Moore in FF. He's only really played one game and he played well in it. The Jets do have one of the best secondaries in football, but I don't think they've played anybody with our speed
Raiderfaith

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2011
With the right plays we will burn them...revis is overrated. I am more concerned with the play calliing. We have more talent, just need more passing and smarter plays. I bet our d bounces back this week.

Some West Texas County

#3 Sep 23, 2011
I do think that if Moore and Hagan get more involved with the passing game we'll have a dangerous offense. I honestly think DHB makes our passing offense worse because it seems like we try to force play his way because he's a top 10 draft pick and is the highest paid receiver on the team (and in my opinion that's Hue Jackson trying to please Al Davis by making the money makers make plays). That's where the smart coaching comes in...Play the players that make plays. TRANSLATED: I have 2 receivers that can run a 4.2 and I can only play one. One can't catch the football and the other one can. I'M GONNA PLAY THE ONE THAT CAN BECAUSE HE GIVES ME THE BETTER CHANCE TO WIN. At the end of the day nobody cares who had a big day or how we won; all that matters is that we won.

That is where I'm getting fed up with Al Davis wanting certain players to succeed (even if a lower paid player is doing what he's looking for) rather than succeeding as a team.

Back in the Gruden era it was succeed with his system even though Gruden was winning with a west coast offense, Al Davis wanted to win with a vertical offense.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#4 Sep 23, 2011
i doubt thats what it is! yea, dhb has speed and was good in college and they are exxpecting "this year" to be his breakout year, but it has to do with him being a "veteran player". dhb has experience and knows the playbook pretty well. whether he makes the plays or not is another thing. then you got ford who showed explosiveness last year but in reality he's not that experienced. then, comes moore who is a rookie and already shows he can be better than ford and dh-bey. it's only been two games into the season and and he (moore) is not being swept under the rug. he's been taking action here and there and he has to earn his spot as a starter. by the looks of it, he may have done that already. they say he practices well but it takes time. if they just threw him in there as a starter and he made mistakes, it could ruin his confidence with all these RAIDER fans booing him. luckily, moore has shown he can be the right guy. i think he will definetely get his share that much more often. when starter players get injured they discover new talent!
RAIDERS 2011!!!

Some West Texas County

#5 Sep 23, 2011
DMac broke out in year 3 and JBust was gone after failing to break out in year 3 so DHB better show that he has what it takes. As of right now, I'm convinced that Ford and Moore are our best deep threats even though Ford has been injured most of the year. I say that because they have done what was expected of DHB in a shorter amount of time.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#6 Sep 23, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
DMac broke out in year 3 and JBust was gone after failing to break out in year 3 so DHB better show that he has what it takes. As of right now, I'm convinced that Ford and Moore are our best deep threats even though Ford has been injured most of the year. I say that because they have done what was expected of DHB in a shorter amount of time.
i don't disagree on that! trust me, i'm with you there. i too personally think they should just gpo and start moore, hagan, and ford. IF, they don't start them, trust me, they'll see plenty of action. but it's not al davis, trust me there too. for al davis, it's all go right now. he knows his time is almost over and he wants to go "all marbles in"!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
RAIDERS 2011!!!

Some West Texas County

#7 Sep 23, 2011
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>i don't disagree on that! trust me, i'm with you there. i too personally think they should just gpo and start moore, hagan, and ford. IF, they don't start them, trust me, they'll see plenty of action. but it's not al davis, trust me there too. for al davis, it's all go right now. he knows his time is almost over and he wants to go "all marbles in"!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
The reason I have a hard time convincing myself that Al Davis is not medaling with the coaches is the fact that it was everything Tom Cable could do to convince Davis that JBust needed to be benched. One thing that I've noticed with Hue Jackson is that when he talks about the big playmakers in his interviews, he always includes DHB even though he's never made any spectacular plays like Ford, Bush, McFadden, Murphy and now Denarius Moore. Plus the deal with Derek Hagan being inactive in week 1 despite the fact that he showed us the fans what we've been wanting to see in a WR that we really haven't seen from a lot of our current guys most notably Murphy, Schilens, and DHB. I can't help but wonder if Hue Jackson is just saying good about DHB just to keep his job because he never says anything bad about him. I remember in an interview Jackson also saying something along the lines of "Hagan is a good receiver. I gave him the chance to make the team and he seized it well and earned it. However, that doesn't mean he's the best receiver on the team." I disagree with that. He may not be the best all around receiver on the team, but I think he's the best possesion receiver on the team. As for the best deep threat, I think Denarius Moore will give Jacoby Ford a run for his money, but it by far isn't DHB.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#8 Sep 24, 2011
as far as deep threat dhb is not! but can be. and i agree that right now it's about moore and ford as deep threats. in reality, hagan and dhb do the shorter routes. but still gain a good distance when thrown to. i'm not standing up for dhb or saying he is the better guy and he should be a starter over moore or ford. all im really saying is that dhb is a veteran and has been stepping up to the plate lately. i know you said you would take murphy over dhb and you're probably right or are right but i guess depending on how this year turns out for dhb, i probably would still consider him. one reason that stands in my way of why i would not consider dhb is, constant injuries. since he's been in oakland, it's been constant injury thing. thats one reason he hasn't been on the field to play?! like i was saying before, these were the best we had, murphy, dhb, schilens. now we have moore hagan and ford. but, it doesn't mean these other guys can't play football or make plays. i know someone may have to go by next season. schilens and dhb = injuries. murphy is starting to go that route too. who have you seen less of? schilens maybe?
RAIDERS 2011!!!
Swami sez

Brooksville, FL

#9 Sep 25, 2011
Rex Ryan will NOT sh!t his pants on the sidelines this week.
True Patriots Fan

Bedford, NH

#11 Sep 26, 2011
Thanks for beating up on the Jets.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#12 Sep 27, 2011
True Patriots Fan wrote:
you're welcome. you're next!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#13 Sep 27, 2011
True Patriots Fan wrote:
Start a tradition. Kick the crap out of them too
True Patriots Fan

Bedford, NH

#14 Sep 28, 2011
<quoted text>you're welcome. you're next!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
Well I hope your wrong but I would rather lose to the Raders then the Jets.

Raiders look good this year. It will be a battle.
RexFeetSex

Miami, FL

#15 Sep 28, 2011
"Jets want to ground Campbell, Raiders"

That worked out well. LMAO

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#16 Sep 28, 2011
True Patriots Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Well I hope your wrong but I would rather lose to the Raders then the Jets.
Raiders look good this year. It will be a battle.
hey, you sound like a cool guy. i threw something at you to see how you'd respond. you are "true patriots fan"! good enough(lol). then it's on! i have to say this game is tough for us and you guys know that. but you also know that my RAIDERS are moving up. i know you don't want to lose any game, it's only obvious, specially when you say you'd rather lose to us than to the jets. it's more meaningfull when it's a rival than when it's just another football team. for us right now, it's just about "winning", we're just trying to get our image and reputation back. so, whoever gets in our way right now, we got to look our best and win. the patriots have been looking almost perfect but buffalo told a different story and now, it's up to us to win, not for your exposure but more for our reputation! hell yeah, it's going to be a good battle!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
True Patriots Fan

Bedford, NH

#17 Sep 29, 2011
<quoted text>hey, you sound like a cool guy. i threw something at you to see how you'd respond. you are "true patriots fan"! good enough(lol). then it's on! i have to say this game is tough for us and you guys know that. but you also know that my RAIDERS are moving up. i know you don't want to lose any game, it's only obvious, specially when you say you'd rather lose to us than to the jets. it's more meaningfull when it's a rival than when it's just another football team. for us right now, it's just about "winning", we're just trying to get our image and reputation back. so, whoever gets in our way right now, we got to look our best and win. the patriots have been looking almost perfect but buffalo told a different story and now, it's up to us to win, not for your exposure but more for our reputation! hell yeah, it's going to be a good battle!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
As far as losing to the Bills all I can say is crap happens. Patriots are angry going into the Raiders game
Brady is too good to of a QB to have another day like that happen anytime soon. As for the Raiders reputation, I think they are a class act and they have my respect. I hope you will enjoy the game as much as I do this weekend. GO PATS
Teddy Brewski

Brooksville, FL

#18 Sep 29, 2011
True Patriots Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as losing to the Bills all I can say is crap happens. Patriots are angry going into the Raiders game
Brady is too good to of a QB to have another day like that happen anytime soon. As for the Raiders reputation, I think they are a class act and they have my respect. I hope you will enjoy the game as much as I do this weekend. GO PATS
I'll never forget the games when Tom Brady farted signals to the running backs to confuse the opponent's defense.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#19 Sep 29, 2011
True Patriots Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
it's on! now, thats football talk! learn, haters, learn!
GAME OF THE WEEK! or, the weak!(LOL).
i don't plan on losing just cause the patriots are the patriots.
we, "play to win"!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
True Patriots Fan

Bedford, NH

#20 Sep 29, 2011
<quoted text>it's on! now, thats football talk! learn, haters, learn!
GAME OF THE WEEK! or, the weak!(LOL).
i don't plan on losing just cause the patriots are the patriots.
we, "play to win"!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
Oh, I'm no hater. I'm Just saying don't underestimate the Patriots beccause of one loss. I do repect the Raiders abilities and I respect the Raider fans. Now GAME ON.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#21 Sep 29, 2011
True Patriots Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I'm no hater. I'm Just saying don't underestimate the Patriots beccause of one loss. I do repect the Raiders abilities and I respect the Raider fans. Now GAME ON.
actually TPF, i wasn't calling you a hater. you've shown your respect even if you were to talk trash. we get these guys that come off talking crap without talking football,just off the wall crap!(lol). but, it is what it is with them. i like the fact that if you were going to talk crap, at least let us know who your team is so we can talk football. you're like talking to your friend that is a rival of your team or a team we don't care for. you know how that goes? everyone has friends like that. it's all good. welcome! but,
IT'S AH RAIDER THANG!
RAIDERS 2011!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL notebook: Bengals, 'Pacman' agree on contra... (May '10) Jan '15 Same Story 10
News Browns agree to terms with lineman Paul McQuistan (Mar '14) Mar '14 Brown Stain 1
News Browns have no desire to play Alex Tanney at qu... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Jerry 2
News Identifying the NFL's Non-Peyton Manning MVP (Dec '13) Dec '13 Janitor 1
News Chicago Bears vs. Cleveland Browns: Spread Anal... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Cleveland Browns Sign Alex Tanney as Back-Up QB (Nov '13) Nov '13 Lee Marshall 1
News Browns focused on Steelers after a oeweirda los... (Nov '13) Nov '13 sonu 2
More from around the web