Nevada QB Kaepernick lines up visit w...

Nevada QB Kaepernick lines up visit with Raiders

There are 4 comments on the Inside The Oakland Raiders story from Apr 6, 2011, titled Nevada QB Kaepernick lines up visit with Raiders. In it, Inside The Oakland Raiders reports that:

By Steve Corkran Wednesday, April 6th, 2011 at 2:45 pm in Oakland Raiders . A Raiders new coach Hue Jackson has made it clear that he and "coach" Al Davis are behind Jason Campbell as the unquestioned starter at quarterback next season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside The Oakland Raiders.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Apr 7, 2011
I would rather see us solidify the OL. If they think this guy is a good future prospect, but I honestly think that solidifying the OL is the high priority this offseason. Future QB oughta be able to wait until next year.
RaiderFaith

Durham, NC

#2 Apr 8, 2011
They will work on O-line. We need a QB...Gradkow is a walking injury. This is news because he is a QB...they normally don't publicize an o-lineman making a visit. Unless he is a college Phenom.
Not to mention. Campbell is good for now. I am just not sold he the qb to take us to the promise land. so they have to keep working on that position.

Since: Jan 11

Longwood, FL

#3 Apr 8, 2011
I would be down with getting Kaepernick...in the later rounds. Like 5, 6 or 7. I don't think he will slide nearly that far though. I totally agree that O-line is the number 1 priority, followed by CB.

But look at the saavy move that Green Bay did a few years ago. They had a 30-something Brett Favre still playing pretty well on a bad team when they drafted Rodgers and sat him for 3 or 4 years. Then, he starts and make Pro Bowls.

Maybe not this draft, maybe not this year, but letting a young guy with a lot of talent sit behind a proven veteran and letting him develop is a solid plan.

I still like Gradkowski as a backup though. He totally gets injured too much but even if we go offensive line on our first two picks, those young guys aren't gonna jell too quickly and form a massive wall for Campbell to PA pass off of for a year or two.

Translation: I am guessing Campbell will get banged up a bit again next year, and maybe even miss a game or two. NOT a fan of Kyle Boller, i view him as a below average starter in the NFL, whereas Grad has proven that he can win a game or two now and then.(Which is all most back-ups need to do)

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 Apr 8, 2011
The old school way was that a QB sat under a proven vet and then made his way into the lineup when he was ready. I can see this K-Nick (I'll call him for short) falling to round 3 and it may be a wise move to take him. I like Kyle Boller as a #3 QB, but GradKowski has proven he can win games better and if we draft a QB then we'll only have room for 1 other. Not a fan of Frye. Boller knows Hue jackson's offense better than any of them, but hasn't proved he can win. Gradkowski has proven he can win, but is a walking injury waiting to happen. The #3 QB is normally the scout team QB in practice and is likely to have an injury there. It is a tough call, but I'll bet jackson goes with Boller.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL notebook: Bengals, 'Pacman' agree on contra... (May '10) Jan '15 Same Story 10
News Browns agree to terms with lineman Paul McQuistan (Mar '14) Mar '14 Brown Stain 1
News Browns have no desire to play Alex Tanney at qu... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Jerry 2
News Identifying the NFL's Non-Peyton Manning MVP (Dec '13) Dec '13 Janitor 1
News Chicago Bears vs. Cleveland Browns: Spread Anal... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Cleveland Browns Sign Alex Tanney as Back-Up QB (Nov '13) Nov '13 Lee Marshall 1
News Browns focused on Steelers after a oeweirda los... (Nov '13) Nov '13 sonu 2
More from around the web