Raiders' Darrius Heyward-Bey proving ...

Raiders' Darrius Heyward-Bey proving critics wrong

There are 7 comments on the SFGate story from Dec 30, 2011, titled Raiders' Darrius Heyward-Bey proving critics wrong. In it, SFGate reports that:

To see Darrius Heyward-Bey go up and make catches with his hands now, or run under a deep pass like he did Saturday in overtime in Kansas City, one has to think the Raiders ' receiver responds well to criticism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

Captain Canada

Wawanesa, Canada

#1 Dec 30, 2011
Nice article. I'm becoming a fan of DHB. Always been a fan of his work ethic. Win one for Al on Sunday DHB! He's always been a believer in you.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#2 Dec 30, 2011
WHAAAAAAAAAT'S UP CAPTAIN?!!!
i have too, but i have thrown a little critizem at him. here and there. mainly cause he's been injured a lot. but he's comming a long just fine.
would you trade him or keep him?
if you trade him, he may get better. if you keep him he injures again and we're S.O.L!
i'd probably risk it and keep him?
RAIDERS 2011!!! AL!
Raiderfaith

Dewitt, VA

#3 Dec 30, 2011
Definitely becoming a fan of dhb. Wish all us Raider fan could get togethet and tailgate gor this game!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 Dec 30, 2011
There's no question...He's gotten better. I really like Denarius Moore too. I think this duo could free up Ford to focus on returns.

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#5 Dec 31, 2011
I always liked/stood behind DHB......at least for "one more year"....and it's beginning to pay off. He finally is starting to get it. Of course, it doesn't usually take 3 years for a receiver to develop LOL. I don't think he's THAT fast and he still has a little trouble getting open but he has good size and his hands are getting better. I don't think I would trade him....unless we could get our hands on a on big, great young WR like A.J. Green.....rookie going to the pro bowl.
I like Denarius Moore, too. He and Jacoby Ford are probably my favorite Raiders receivers. Not because of their speed or hands--it's because of their aggressive "go get it" approach to the ball. The hunger.

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#6 Dec 31, 2011
Raiderfaith wrote:
Definitely becoming a fan of dhb. Wish all us Raider fan could get togethet and tailgate gor this game!
LOL....tailgate would be very cool. The Topix Forum Raiders Tailgate party.......online.

I'll be sitting in front of the PC to watch this game anyway. There's no way they show this game on TV around here....not with Cleveland playing Pittsburgh at the same time.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#7 Dec 31, 2011
Zild0405 wrote:
I always liked/stood behind DHB......at least for "one more year"....and it's beginning to pay off. He finally is starting to get it. Of course, it doesn't usually take 3 years for a receiver to develop LOL. I don't think he's THAT fast and he still has a little trouble getting open but he has good size and his hands are getting better. I don't think I would trade him....unless we could get our hands on a on big, great young WR like A.J. Green.....rookie going to the pro bowl.
I like Denarius Moore, too. He and Jacoby Ford are probably my favorite Raiders receivers. Not because of their speed or hands--it's because of their aggressive "go get it" approach to the ball. The hunger.
When Tom Cable started bragging about DHB's work ethic and strive to get better, I started to think he wasn't such a bad pick after all despite wanting Jeremy Maclin, Alex Mack or Michael Oher or somebody like Brian Cushing who could help shore up the Run D but now we've ended up with Aaron Curry who was off the board when we were up...Anyways I started to get discouraged DHB's rookie year when his rookie stats were what good receivers do in 1 game, not 1 season but considering the tailspin we were trying to get out of at the time, I'd say he's starting to pay off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL notebook: Bengals, 'Pacman' agree on contra... (May '10) Jan '15 Same Story 10
News Browns agree to terms with lineman Paul McQuistan (Mar '14) Mar '14 Brown Stain 1
News Browns have no desire to play Alex Tanney at qu... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Jerry 2
News Identifying the NFL's Non-Peyton Manning MVP (Dec '13) Dec '13 Janitor 1
News Chicago Bears vs. Cleveland Browns: Spread Anal... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Cleveland Browns Sign Alex Tanney as Back-Up QB (Nov '13) Nov '13 Lee Marshall 1
News Browns focused on Steelers after a oeweirda los... (Nov '13) Nov '13 sonu 2
More from around the web