Ravens release Mulitalo

Ravens release Mulitalo

There are 26 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Mar 6, 2007, titled Ravens release Mulitalo. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The Ravens released longtime left guard Edwin Mulitalo in a cap-cutting move, the team announced today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
itssteeven

Lompoc, CA

#1 Mar 7, 2007
seeya Edwin...you were a great team player ...hope you land somewhere that needs you........
Adrian

Washington, DC

#2 Mar 7, 2007
They needed to do this move, they need to keep it up and get younger and more athletic along the offensive line.
Kevin in Belair

AOL

#3 Mar 7, 2007
If Class was the factor when evaluating players for the pro-bowl, Big Ed would have been in Hawaii every year over his eight season's with us in Baltimore.
Football's salary cap is the main factor fors its domination of pro sports in general, but unfortunately today, we have seen the ugly side of the cap, and to be honest I dont like it.

Good luck Ed.....
Reg

Nottingham, PA

#4 Mar 7, 2007
Isn't it a shame that money always is the bottom line despite hurting others. I feel very badly that Edwin Multalo was cut because of salary cap reasons. He is a wonderful person and great player. I am sorry to see him leave. That is so unfair, especially seeing all he did and meant to the Ravens and to Baltimore. Shame on you, Ravens.
Chris

Hanover, MD

#5 Mar 7, 2007
Gotta hope this clears room for Willis.
Drew

United States

#6 Mar 7, 2007
I hope Edwins release does not trigger a chain reaction meaning JO retires. Are those two not great friends?
Annette Smith

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#7 Mar 7, 2007
I understand the business part of the game, but Edwin Mulitalo was a great part of this team and he will really be missed. He was very nice to my family when we saw him out at Port Discovery few years ago. Thanks Edwin for being such a great person on and off the field.
melvin Eck

Laurel, MD

#8 Mar 7, 2007
yikes
Ravens 07

Tuscumbia, AL

#9 Mar 7, 2007
Adrian wrote:
They needed to do this move, they need to keep it up and get younger and more athletic along the offensive line.
Agreed. It frees up money as well, and resigning Suggs to a new deal should be a top priority.
AMP

Manassas, VA

#10 Mar 7, 2007
this had to be done. he was a good guy. this is too bad.
Paul Day

Virginia Beach, VA

#11 Mar 7, 2007
What impact will this have on possible retirement of J.O.?
rick

AOL

#12 Mar 7, 2007
i agree with reg and kevin.edwin is a classy guy. one of the all time fan favorites.pask for a autogragh and he would do so in a minute not like a lot of pros who ignor fans. he did alot for the community too. a heck of a football player too. i will miss him dearly. come on ravens resign him have a little bit of class. very digusted fan here. where edwin goes is their great gain and a tremendous loss for the ravens.3716
Randy

AOL

#13 Mar 7, 2007
Let Jamal go, don,t bring him back, his year,s are over. Musa Smith and Anderson
can do alot better then jamal did, or can do. And trade up to get a running back
like Adrein peterson.
Ravens 07

Tuscumbia, AL

#14 Mar 7, 2007
I would rather win football games than hold onto memories of a class player whos best days are behind him. Brown did a solid job filling the role, and the Ravens actually did Mulitalo a favor by releasing him now at the start of free agency. If Pashos got the deal he did someone will pay Edwin. If Ogden decides not to return it wouldn't suprise me now. As strange as it would be to not see Ogden out there, and it closes the Ravens window a bit, it also makes the salary purge Dick Cass eluded to after next season seem less severe. I would rather watch a competitive team year in and year out then mortgage everything for one more run in 07.
Randy

AOL

#15 Mar 7, 2007
Releasing Mulitalo was hard to take
he did a great job for the Raven,s
but brown did a good job last year
and they need the money they are going to save,for a good running back
in the draft.
docL

Hollywood, FL

#16 Mar 7, 2007
This is the reason I hate what has happened to professional sports and to the ridiculous prices fans are asked to pay. I had it in '94 when baseball went out and have not paid to see a professional game since. Too bad Edwin, you are one of the good guys.
abe

United States

#17 Mar 7, 2007
They needed to do this but I am scared that this could lead to problems when they need a backup.
hOnu

San Diego, CA

#18 Mar 7, 2007
Yes, I agree with Ravens 07, the Ravens did Mu a favor by releasing him now in the midst of free agency. He definetly deserves to get a commanding pay. Sad to see him go but that is the NFL today, being able to build a consistently winning team with potentially interchangeable talent.
Matthew

Valencia, CA

#19 Mar 7, 2007
Well, I loved ED and he was an amazing player for us and his loss is not a big blow but he was a fan favorite, he was a player's player, the coaching staff respected him, and he was a team player. He was a fan favorite but Jason Brown will now get to be the starter and he had a great year. He is a lot more fresher and quicker on his feet than Ed but he is not as strong as Ed was. This just gives us more money that should have been spent on AD.

Now, we might get Willis McGahee who is good, not great. it will cost us a second round pick in this years draft and a couple of late second day draft picks next year.

But this article is about ED and he will always be one of my personal favorites. Now it will be interesting to see if Johnathen Ogden comes back after his friend and teamate for the last eight years is gone.
Chaz

Frederick, MD

#20 Mar 7, 2007
This isn't a great loss for the team, it was expected. However, the greatest loss will be for the community. Ed is a class act, the band should play on!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News slugfest (Dec '08) Jul '12 Abby wilson 1,426
News NFL notebook: Jets make Mangold highest-paid ce... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Shame Old Jets 5
News Rams Lineman Delivers Message to Teens (Apr '10) Apr '10 JamesWilloughby S... 1
News Rams Cancel Practice Due to Swine Flu (Dec '09) Dec '09 jimbo 7
News Polytechnic High School (Jun '09) Dec '09 Whatever 9
News Notes: Ravens in the Media at Meeting (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tuff 1
News Ravens Plan to Keep Adding Players (Mar '09) Mar '09 Lumpy 2
More from around the web