Texans Sign Mario Williams As No. 1 D...

Texans Sign Mario Williams As No. 1 Draft Pick

There are 11 comments on the Cbs4denver.com story from Apr 28, 2006, titled Texans Sign Mario Williams As No. 1 Draft Pick. In it, Cbs4denver.com reports that:

The Houston Texans announced Friday the signing of North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams, with the intention of selecting him with the top overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs4denver.com.

Bowling Johnny

Rochester, MN

#1 Apr 28, 2006
I am very surprised, yet I'm not! Defense wins championships, offense sells tickets. I think this may pan out good for the Texans. Being in a division with Peyton Manning, I think this was a smart move. You need to draft accordingly with the division your in. There's no way the Texans would have kept up with the Colts, even had they taken Bush. But to stop their offense, I think thats the key. Now instead of playing a 3-4 Defense with 4 linebackers, they can go 4-3 and flank quarterbacks like Peyton Manning and others with the agility of Mario Williams. Its hard to pass on a Reggie Bush, but I can kind of see the texans logic with this obsurd number 1 pick.
texan fan no more

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 29, 2006
i cant freakin believe the dumbass texans did not draft vince young or reggie bush and all those idiots who say that the draft was a good pick are either stupid or really dumbasses who know nothing about football! go yaoming and the rockets im not watching a single texan game!!!!!!!!!!
nelly

Hilo, HI

#3 May 7, 2006
texan fan no more wrote:
i cant freakin believe the dumbass texans did not draft vince young or reggie bush and all those idiots who say that the draft was a good pick are either stupid or really dumbasses who know nothing about football! go yaoming and the rockets im not watching a single texan game!!!!!!!!!!
reggie bush is god and the texans are idiots...they are gonna have another horrific year and wtf is a DE impact gonna play..yea he'll rush the Qb but wtf is that really gonna win a championship..they just basically gave up an oppurtunity to have a player that can score points from all sorts of ways...i ope TExans go 1-15..they prolly will plus i hate there GM is an ugly old fart that obviously isnt doing a good job...his team sucks
JeffreyK

United States

#4 May 8, 2006
STUPID TEXANS WHY IN THE WORLD WOOULD U PICK MARIO WILLIAMS OVER REGGIE BUSH!!!! IDIOTS!!!!!! YALL ARE GONNA HAVE ANOTHER LOSING SEASON
Bill Lenehan

Portage, MI

#5 Aug 26, 2006
Go Jason!! From Kalamazoo
Bears Fan

Bumpass, VA

#6 Jun 26, 2009
texan fan no more wrote:
How do you feel now?
Always 8 and 8

Houston, TX

#7 Jun 26, 2009
texan fan no more wrote:
i cant freakin believe the dumbass texans did not draft vince young or reggie bush
Texans suck, no doubt there. But the only player you mentioned even worth a crap is Bush. Look at Vince now....on the bench being out played by old man Kerry Collins. What a joke.
r bush _Vyoung suck

Buda, TX

#8 Aug 9, 2009
Nice post. Have you apologized for your incorrect statements? If you are like most people, then the answer is no. You will blame someone else for your mistatkes.
Always 8 and 8

Houston, TX

#9 Aug 10, 2009
Guess you didnt see old man Collins out perform mighty Vince last night. Face it, Young is a bust and I accept your apology.
VY Blows

United States

#10 Aug 11, 2009
I watched that game. Vince played like he had no clue, got one TD from an almost over thrown pass against the Bills 3rd string DBs. Threw an INT to the Bills with three of them in the area and no Titans WR in sight. Couldnt scramble and run to save his life. He wasnt even trying...Guy is a bust.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#11 Mar 18, 2010
It's 2010. Who is Reggie Bush now? Reggie is GARBAGE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Babin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pressure is on for Jaguars to improve sack totals (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 27
News Jaguars salary cap space 2013: Plenty to spend (Jan '13) Jan '13 norma 1
News Andy Reid: Nick Foles, not Michael Vick, will s... (Dec '12) Dec '12 shadoz 11
News The 2012 Eagles Player Awards (Nov '12) Nov '12 Jim Evans Esq 1
News Michael Vick's Poorly Timed Released Of His V7 App (Nov '12) Nov '12 genevalove 1
News Eagles' Curry awaits his chance (Nov '12) Nov '12 Ted 1
News Eagles facing challenges everywhere this season (Aug '12) Aug '12 Leah 1
More from around the web